The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't think Manly should be spending too much coin on the backs personally. We have shown we can score points. We have struggled at times to win the ruck and dictate terms through the middle, so the pack is where we should be investing any spare cap space.

I'd like us re-sign Taufua and leave the backline as it is for another season. Parker and Wright are good cover.

I was just joking, read back and it does sound like I know something no one else does, ha, i wish

Reckon we're a chance though, Media is just guessing at the usual, expected targets. There'd be plenty more clubs interested, although we'd have the money for him and I have a feeling he will lean towards us

Harry Smith to Manly confirmed. I have it on good authority that the Silvertails Group has been joined by word wizard Harry Smith. More news to follow...

Last edited:
I don't know if our leadership group is experienced or strong enough to handle Moylan. He is a problem child.
If he was to come, he would have to play fullback as he wouldn't compliment DCE and he doesn't have a long kicking game. It would be like when walker has 5/8. Other teams would rush DCE on the 4th and 5th, Korisau isn't known for his DH kicking either.

It would force TT to the Centres which would fix one of our problems.

BUt overall its a no for me, he is on close to 1 mill at the Panthers and he just isnt the right fit for Manly on that Money. Moylan to Sharks and Maloney to Knights seems the obvious. Unless the knights go all out for Moylan.

In the professional era Manly have always been a team based around attacking structure---even when Cliffy was playing.

Sorry mate ... during the 70's, 80's and most of the 90's our attack relied almost exclusively on the individual brilliance of several players in each era .... structure was an unheard of concept in attack.

We were more often than not a team of champions ... not a champion team.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matt Moylan/Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly/Matt Moylan
5.Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
That's an origin backline

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matt Moylan/Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly/Matt Moylan
5.Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
That's an origin backline
Not having a go at you dude but Moylan is rep player and an expensive one at that...there is a 0% chance that he would go to another club as a centre and - 0% chance as a winger.

Not only that, a club would not pay him his worth on the market to play anywhere other than 1 or 6. He won't be coming to Manly unless Green is released to the Warriors but that's a massive long shot in itself.

Not having a go at you dude but Moylan is rep player and an expensive one at that...there is a 0% chance that he would go to another club as a centre and - 0% chance as a winger.

Not only that, a club would not pay him his worth on the market to play anywhere other than 1 or 6. He won't be coming to Manly unless Green is released to the Warriors but that's a massive long shot in itself.
True, and I agree, although maybe he'll come for success. After all he would still be a star at centre, like Walker. I hope but as you said it's likely he would come to play in a bigger role, although I reckon our centres/backs often play the biggest role in our side.

He is unhappy at Penrith because he wants to be a half. Tigers could only use him at 1, and he ain't gonna be a winger at manly.

I think without Moylan, the Panthers are not good enough to beat us, unless they give them another 14-4 penalty count.

Penrith NRL captain Matt Moylan has been given indefinite leave from the game to deal with personal issues as his club prepares for an elimination final on Saturday.

However after meeting with Moylan and his manager on Monday, the club confirmed the star five-eighth would remain at the club long-term.

"As a result of this meeting we can confirm Matt is 100 per cent committed to his future at the Panthers and we are 100 per cent committed to Matt," club boss Phil Gould said.

"We see Matt as a valuable asset to our club and hope he has a long and successful future as a Panther.

"We look forward to seeing Matt re-join the group as soon as possible."

The Panthers will face the Sea Eagles in an elimination final at Allianz Stadium this weekend having only just faced Manly at Lottoland in Round 26.

See the full statement at penrithpanthers.com.au

I really think that if Moylan were to leave the Panthers that we would have a good chance of picking him up up due to his connection with Barett. That is if we can fit him. Back in April when Moylan was going through some issues Barrett was in touch with him. See excerpt from a news article covering the story below :

Barrett, a former Penrith assistant coach, was reluctant to discuss his phone call to Moylan for fear of upsetting Penrith officials.

However, he did admit: “I rang Matty as a mate. I coached Matty for three years at Penrith.

“We have all been in his position during some stage of our careers. It certainly wasn’t with my coach’s hat on — more as a mate.

“He will get through it. He is going through a bit at the moment. He is an exceptional player — it will turn around for him.”

NRL FOX

Moylan and his manager on Monday, the club confirmed the star five-eighth would remain at the club long-term.

"As a result of this meeting we can confirm Matt is 100 per cent committed to his future at the Panthers and we are 100 per cent committed to Matt," club boss Phil Gould said.

"We see Matt as a valuable asset to our club and hope he has a long and successful future as a Panther.

NRL FOX

Moylan and his manager on Monday, the club confirmed the star five-eighth would remain at the club long-term.

Thats gould opinion 100% committed aka rivals piss off he is ours. Throw everything we got at him, he is open to an offer of more money he is only human. Sick em Bozo.

we are short 1 prop and 1 back rower, maybe 2.

Hope the guy sorts himself out but throwing money at him is not what we need to do. We need relentless hitups up front as we have game breakers in the backline already.

Moylan givin leave but Gould says he's staying long term. Why wouldn't he be playing or be around his team through the finals campaign, he's off like a brides nighty .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8