The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The behind the closed doors conversations have already been had several times over several years now and I'm sure the previous coach had them as well. They clearly haven't worked for the captain, coach and his biggest supporter to go public with it all now. You just don't air dirty laundry like this unless you've exhausted all other private options.
Yeah I’d say this is a very advanced scenario , right now !!

The behind the closed doors conversations have already been had several times over several years now and I'm sure the previous coach had them as well. They clearly haven't worked for the captain, coach and his biggest supporter to go public with it all now. You just don't air dirty laundry like this unless you've exhausted all other private options.
I'm not saying at all that there might be something not right with his attitude. I simply don't know. And if there is, then that should be dealt with in house as far as I'm concerned. We all know he worked his arse off during the break to get fit ready and ready to go. Then he ends up with injuries that set all that back. So it just seems pretty ordinary to me to have someone no longer attached to the Club, in effect, call him a precious lazy arse on a public forum like Twitter. Someone mentioned on another post that Kristie Fulton was a friend of Schusters (or words to that effect), well with friends like that ............

Seems like Schu has gone from being cuddled at every point to now being put into shock treatment and public humiliation for him to become a professional footy player.

I hope for his and Manly’s future success the reality is somewhere in between.

I'm not saying at all that there might be something not right with his attitude. I simply don't know. And if there is, then that should be dealt with in house as far as I'm concerned. We all know he worked his arse off during the break to get fit ready and ready to go. Then he ends up with injuries that set all that back. So it just seems pretty ordinary to me to have someone no longer attached to the Club, in effect, call him a precious lazy arse on a public forum like Twitter. Someone mentioned on another post that Kristie Fulton was a friend of Schusters (or words to that effect), well with friends like that ............
Actually, we don’t know that he worked his ass off in the off-season… and even if he did, it may have been a simple knee jerk reaction to feeling guilty after management confronted him. It appears he hasn’t been able to follow through with changes.

As somebody who has struggled with demons, I know what it is like to be called out on your behaviour, make drastic changes to appease the guilt/shame, only to fall back into old patterns.

If the man is worth his weight in salt he will use this to motivate himself and right the perceived wrongs. Now, that is a character I can rally behind and proudly support 110%. We all have our demons so I’m not about to judge Josh by this conclusively without giving him the chance to own it and rise above it.
Absolutely. Despite what seems to be portrayed in some places, Seibs and DCE did not exactly tear shreds off him in public. They simply stated some facts about how hard it is to become an NRL player and how he'll need to work hard again (coz he's proven over the break that he's willing to do that) and that ball is now in his court etc. I'm good with all that and hopefully it will push him. I draw the line at someone like Kristie Fulton publicly sh*tting on him. I just do.

Absolutely. Despite what seems to be portrayed in some places, Seibs and DCE did not exactly tear shreds off him in public. They simply stated some facts about how hard it is to become an NRL player and how he'll need to work hard again (coz he's proven over the break that he's willing to do that) and that ball is now in his court etc. I'm good with all that and hopefully it will push him. I draw the line at someone like Kristie Fulton publicly sh*tting on him. I just do.
Sorry, SE68, but I disagree. Seibs and Chez need to play the PR game of perception. Kristie doesn’t.

Bottom line… he has done something to bring this upon himself. And it is obviously serious enough to bring about such responses. Even the PR-mitigated Chez and Seib responses shocked many.

Actually, we don’t know that he worked his ass off in the off-season… and even if he did, it may have been a simple knee jerk reaction to feeling guilty after management confronted him. It appears he hasn’t been able to follow through with changes.

As somebody who has struggled with demons, I know what it is like to be called out on your behaviour, make drastic changes to appease the guilt/shame, only to fall back into old patterns.
I know we can't simply judge it on all the promo videos we saw of him running up hills etc but it seemed pretty evident from the fact that he had shed the kilos and was looking pretty sharp in his first game back this year. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he can get his Sh*t together coz sure as my hair won't be growing back, our attack is next to nothing at the moment.

I know we can't simply judge it on all the promo videos we saw of him running up hills etc but it seemed pretty evident from the fact that he had shed the kilos and was looking pretty sharp in his first game back this year. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he can get his Sh*t together coz sure as my hair won't be growing back, our attack is next to nothing at the moment.
Simple guilt/shame response after screwing up and being called out. Over-compensation.

I agree. Whether we can wait for him to reach that potential will be informed by his response over the next 4 weeks. Interesting times!
It will be hard for him to reach his potential if his constantly injuried while the club pays him $800k per year waiting for that potential to show.

Sorry, SE68, but I disagree. Seibs and Chez need to play the PR game of perception. Kristie doesn’t.
That's ok. I didn't join ST to be stroppy or argue, that's not my go and normally I just try to be a bit left field but I do feel strongly about someone who supposedly had a lot to do with him coming to Manly in the first place, publicly shaming him. Give the bloke a call and tell tell him to get his sh*t together.

But I think I've said that ad nauseum now and I don't want to be a pain in the arse. So time to let it go. GO MANLY!

Bottom line… he has done something to bring this upon himself. And it is obviously serious enough to bring about such responses. Even the PR-mitigated Chez and Seib responses shocked many.
It's reading between the lines and what they imply that has shocked all. It would be easier to have just said he's struggling to overcome an injury but they had an obligation to not just bold face lie about it all and participate in a cover up otherwise the media frenzy would've been hysterical.

That's ok. I didn't join ST to be stroppy or argue, that's not my go and normally I just try to be a bit left field but I do feel strongly about someone who supposedly had a lot to do with him coming to Manly in the first place, publicly shaming him. Give the bloke a call and tell tell him to get his sh*t together.

But I think I've said that ad nauseum now and I don't want to be a pain in the arse. So time to let it go. GO MANLY!
I agree with the sentiment, but who’s to say he hasn’t already received those calls to tell him to get his sh*together? I dare say they have happened already and this the state of where we’re at.

It was a throwaway line @mave But it feels like Tartak is pulling the strings again....... First we had the Fifita/Tuitavake situation, the Schuster situation and now the S Fulton situation. Tartaks grubby little hands involved in all of them.

Manly Overpay young player with potential

Young player doesn’t deliver straight away, has attitude issues etc (common to every Highly touted, paid on potential player)

Suddenly manlys cap looks unbalanced due to perceived return on investment in the short term

Devious manager gets involved

Funds look to be freed up due to upcoming departure ?

Manly sign totally **** Kyle flanagan

That about the extent of it?

Bravo manly, get ****ed Mario, good luck Josh.

What happened to coaching/diplomacy/honouring contracts and perseverance on both sides and man management ?

Why are you so desperate to hold onto Schu being some miracle worker or an entity being picked on? Is this consistent with how you deal with other players?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8