The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I suspect this is right. Meaning it is a message to the rest of the squad as much as to young Schu. Ball's in Schu's court, I hope he picks it up and runs with it.

(and at least some players have succeeded in turning attitudes around. Before my time, but apparently a certain A Beetson was widely known as "a pie eater" and "half-a-game Artie" in his early years because he simply wasn't fit enough to play full minutes)
And ironically the club that lost Beetson (to greater glory elsewhere) was Balmain.

Last edited:
Lots of speculation and innuendo surrounding Josh atm....at every angle.

Many a conclusion being jumped to.

Nothing tangible at this stage indicating he is going anywhere so for now I support him as a Manly player.
100% on the money

People were going to burn the place down when there was a chance we would lose Schuster. Now the same crew are hunting at the front of the pack with the pitchforks hunting his head

Had an extremely poor game against the Tigers, so getting a public stoning. My memory runs back long enough to also remember the outstanding performance against the Eels

It’s hilarious how some Neville on NRL360 plucks out of nowhere that Josh is on 800k, and it is 100% factual and gospel all over the internet

The media are starting to zero in on Schuster the same way they have Brooks, Brooks had a win this week so we will probably have a story this week about how Josh is on the nose with the playing group because he left skidmarks in the Narrabeen toilets

Why are you so desperate to hold onto Schu being some miracle worker or an entity being picked on? Is this consistent with how you deal with other players?
I really did want to let this go but I don't want you to think I'm being rude by ignoring your question. So I'll just say this - I wouldn't consider what I'm venting about here as necessarily being "desperate" to hang on to Shu. Would I like to hang on to him - absolutely. Why? Coz this team needs someone with the skill and creativity he clearly has coz at the moment they have nothing in attack. Do I think he's worth keeping if it turns out that he's a dropkick? No I don't. But am I going to make that judgement based on questionable media speculation and a few cryptic words from the coach and captain. I don't think so. And I'm certainly not going to just because a possibly disgruntled former employee chooses to publicly shame the bloke. (I say BS to the supposed tough love approach)

Is this consistent with other players? I would absolutely feel the same way about other players in the same circumstances. For example - I have posted my support for Tom when the pile on came regarding is ongoing injury probs and all the media crap that came with that. And I was just as scathing about Peters coming out publicly saying we should move him on when the bloke was just about to head off o/s to try and get himself right. That, like Ms Fulton, was self indulgent BS.

Look, I've followed this Club for nearly 60 years and I've seen players come and go and Club management tear it's self apart and rebuild and tear its self apart and rebuild. I don't get starry eyed about anyone, let alone footy players. But a lot of heart and soul has gone in to supporting this Club from a young age and I think at the very least, we should give players a chance to come good. Now, if it turns out that Schuster IS just a precious overpaid goose, then I'll be the first to metaphorically open the Brookie gates and point him in the direction of what ever other Club he wishes to bludge off.

But for the next little while, I'm willing to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt that he's just struggling with the disappointment of being injured again. And I fully support what Seibs and DCE have said - it's now up to Schuster to focus on getting himself right and playing great footy with this Club.

And here endeth the sermon. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
100% on the money

People were going to burn the place down when there was a chance we would lose Schuster. Now the same crew are hunting at the front of the pack with the pitchforks hunting his head

Had an extremely poor game against the Tigers, so getting a public stoning. My memory runs back long enough to also remember the outstanding performance against the Eels

It’s hilarious how some Neville on NRL360 plucks out of nowhere that Josh is on 800k, and it is 100% factual and gospel all over the internet

The media are starting to zero in on Schuster the same way they have Brooks, Brooks had a win this week so we will probably have a story this week about how Josh is on the nose with the playing group because he left skidmarks in the Narrabeen toilets

100% spot on. It's the same gooses that seem to thrive on the politics and the ups and downs like they are old house wifes wirh nothing better to do than gossip. As bad as the idiots on NRL360.

Considering the potential upside he has, the fact he is still a kid in many ways I can not see benefit it cutting him especially when it is not like he is on a long term deal.

He is only 38 games into a first grade career. I know it goes against the sentiment of many on here but i can not imagine why we would not show some patience

Considering the potential upside he has, the fact he is still a kid in many ways I can not see benefit it cutting him especially when it is not like he is on a long term deal.

He is only 38 games into a first grade career. I know it goes against the sentiment of many on here but i can not imagine why we would not show some patience

i can not imagine why we would not show some patience"

Perhaps because as you point out ... he is a veteran of 38 games ... he is in his 3rd year as a full time professional athlete, and his 6th year in elite sporting programs .. and well past the rookie stage ...

Whether $800k is correct or just "close", he would be on a fair whack.

How long do you consider is a good length of time to be patient ? ...

Me ... I think 3 years is long enough ... to start getting tough ..

‘Everyone else’s fault’: Schuster told to ‘grow up’ as ‘kindergarten’ prank that sparked brawl revealed​

Former Manly Pathways Manager Kristie Fulton has blasted five-eighth Josh Schuster over his punch-up with a teammate at Sea Eagles training as more information about the “bit of fun gone wrong” came to light.

The Daily Telegraph reported Manly coach Anthony Seibold was quick to play down the incident, which was reportedly more serious than he or the club were letting on.

“As far as I’m concerned it was a non-event,” Seibold said.

However, a witness of the training scuffle said Schuster’s teammate Josh Aloiai had to step in to break it up and that it was more serious than Seibold is prepared to admit.

Daily Telegraph reporter Phil Rothfield on Monday morning explained how the incident occured.

“They’ve got this game, it’s serious kindergarten stuff, it was a bit of fun that went wrong,” Rothfield said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

If you turn up to Manly with a bad haircut you get clipped behind the ears. You sort of get a little slap behind the head, that’s a little tradition they’ve got going there now.

“But Schuster slapped him too hard, Matterson reacted badly and the pair exchanged punches. Josh Aloiai had to step in to break it up.

“It’s just not a good look when your team’s playing bad.”

Fulton, the daughter of Manly Immortal Bob Fulton who ran Manly’s pathways until late last year, took aim at Schuster on her personal Facebook page.

It was then re-posted by the administrator of a Manly fan page, which has 12,100 members.

“The solution is simple, he needs to grow up,” Fulton wrote.

“Move to Manly, cut ties with the negative influences in his life, stop hanging with fans, control the diet and have the mindset and attitude he once did circa 2019.

“Too many enablers and excuse makers around him. It’s always everyone else’s fault.”

Ironically Schuster was a favourite of the late Bob Fulton coming up through the juniors.

Schuster has taken a break from the NRL to work on injuries and his general fitness as he bids to be the club’s long-term solution at five-eighth.

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans opened up on the challenges facing his prospective halves partner in his switch from the second row.

“It’s never a fun time when you’re in and out of first grade through injury,” Cherry-Evans said.

“It’s not going to be easy for him to get back into first grade, because he’s been quite inconsistent and coming in and out.

“I have been playing long enough to see so many people at this club not maximise their opportunity.

“That is rugby league mate – if you’re not willing to work hard enough, if you’re not willing to sacrifice, you just don’t last long. He is at a crossroads early in his career but it can be a real positive.”

There are so many different opinions,( good and bad ) assumptions and fake news out on Schuster's case .Let's wait and see if he has learned from all that has come his way , and hopefully he comes out the other end the person we all want him to be .Let's go Manly .

We are all hoping for that result mate ... both for manly and the kids sake ...

The only dissent on here is between the people that think it will just happen naturally in the fullness of time .. and those that think the process will be better served with a kick up the arse.

We are all hoping for that result mate ... both for manly and the kids sake ...

The only dissent on here is between the people that think it will just happen naturally in the fullness of time .. and those that think the process will be better served with a kick up the arse.
I guess I fall somewhere in between.

Take the kid aside and give him the kick up the arse and then give him some time.

I guess I fall somewhere in between.

Take the kid aside and give him the kick up the arse and then give him some time.

I would suggest, without any evidence, that he has probably been quietly pulled aside on several occasions before this ..

the current comments from his Captain, his coach, and Aunty Kristie seem more like coming to the end of their tether type frustration .

I really did want to let this go but I don't want you to think I'm being rude by ignoring your question. So I'll just say this - I wouldn't consider what I'm venting about here as necessarily being "desperate" to hang on to Shu. Would I like to hang on to him - absolutely. Why? Coz this team needs someone with the skill and creativity he clearly has coz at the moment they have nothing in attack. Do I think he's worth keeping if it turns out that he's a dropkick? No I don't. But am I going to make that judgement based on questionable media speculation and a few cryptic words from the coach and captain. I don't think so. And I'm certainly not going to just because a possibly disgruntled former employee chooses to publicly shame the bloke. (I say BS to the supposed tough love approach)

Is this consistent with other players? I would absolutely feel the same way about other players in the same circumstances. For example - I have posted my support for Tom when the pile on came regarding is ongoing injury probs and all the media crap that came with that. And I was just as scathing about Peters coming out publicly saying we should move him on when the bloke was just about to head off o/s to try and get himself right. That, like Ms Fulton, was self indulgent BS.

Look, I've followed this Club for nearly 60 years and I've seen players come and go and Club management tear it's self apart and rebuild and tear its self apart and rebuild. I don't get starry eyed about anyone, let alone footy players. But a lot of heart and soul has gone in to supporting this Club from a young age and I think at the very least, we should give players a chance to come good. Now, if it turns out that Schuster IS just a precious overpaid goose, then I'll be the first to metaphorically open the Brookie gates and point him in the direction of what ever other Club he wishes to bludge off.

But for the next little while, I'm willing to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt that he's just struggling with the disappointment of being injured again. And I fully support what Seibs and DCE have said - it's now up to Schuster to focus on getting himself right and playing great footy with this Club.

And here endeth the sermon. :thumbsup:
Elegant and articulate. Well said. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Perhaps because as you point out ... he is a veteran of 38 games ... he is in his 3rd year as a full time professional athlete, and his 6th year in elite sporting programs .. and well past the rookie stage ...

Whether $800k is correct or just "close", he would be on a fair whack.

How long do you consider is a good length of time to be patient ? ...

Me ... I think 3 years is long enough ... to start getting tough ..
Agree but there is a fair difference between getting tough and some advocating on here to cut him

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8