The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He'll just need a few targets on that left side so the defence is kept guessing. Turbo is a decent target! Also the much-maligned Harper, he has nippy footwork, isn't a speedster over any distance but can certainly create a bit of space and shovel it on. And Tuilagi (also maligned!) but in our trial this year v Wests he ran beautifully into a hole close to the line, and I'm expecting him to pose a threat on our left hand side next year.
Doubt Harper is there when full strength(yes I know,when are they ever full strength)

Another brief appearance but did seem a little bit better for Josh last night . Looked fitter and right into the play . Would seem better for more on field time , Davey can manage a prop role but then Jake has to spent some time there with the rotation with Walker . Will keep an open mind on him making a good fist as a 6 next season , if his fitness level is up to par , realistically no reason why he can not acquit himself , particularly after his junior back ground there . Weekes maybe the only other option but he could end up as a bench player as well if Josh manages the 6 role and with [ dylan ] Walker moving on

I think Schuster playing 5/8 for Blacktown would be more beneficial for match fitness. I also don't get why Manly carry Schuster on the interchange bench instead of Paseka.

Its a good point Damien. If he is definitely ear marked for 5/8 next year, he needs to get a lot of match practice in the role. Would also help his fitness level, unless he is still injured. I suspect Garrick is still carrying an injury given DCE took almost all of the goal kicking.

Its a good point Damien. If he is definitely ear marked for 5/8 next year, he needs to get a lot of match practice in the role. Would also help his fitness level, unless he is still injured. I suspect Garrick is still carrying an injury given DCE took almost all of the goal kicking.

ps The idea of playing him in the centre in first grade a lot this year could also be worth a go.

I think Schuster playing 5/8 for Blacktown would be more beneficial for match fitness. I also don't get why Manly carry Schuster on the interchange bench instead of Paseka.
The fact Schu is getting so few minutes is just a reflection of his fitness setbacks. The fact he is even in the 17 ahead of Paseka Bully and Co shows how highly he is regarded. I've no doubt he's being brought along with a view to reaching full fitness and value by season's end. (Yes this season!)

Whilst on fitness I saw manase again last night and by the look of himhe is definitely not training. So perhaps we can’t fit him under the cap this year irrespective of his court case outcome.

The fact Schu is getting so few minutes is just a reflection of his fitness setbacks. The fact he is even in the 17 ahead of Paseka Bully and Co shows how highly he is regarded. I've no doubt he's being brought along with a view to reaching full fitness and value by season's end. (Yes this season!)

I disagree. I felt he looked uncomfortable last night, with the late call on, probably.

Also, post game, everyone else was walking around ecstatic however he was drifting around by himself like the unwanted "last boy in the team". His body language did not appear good to me.

"Not happy Des"?

I disagree. I felt he looked uncomfortable last night, with the late call on, probably.

Also, post game, everyone else was walking around ecstatic however he was drifting around by himself like the unwanted "last boy in the team". His body language did not appear good to me.

"Not happy Des"?
Yea I noticed he didnt look happy after the game, Thought it was a good sign, looks like he is not happy coming of the bench

I'm not sure about his number 6 credentials yet, but I can't write him off until he plays a few games there and we see what he can actually bring. He will be a unique body shape and style of player compared to all other 6's in the NRL, but nothing wrong with that if it works. Wally Lewis is an immortal and he was built more like a backrower playing 6. Does need to be fitter than he currently is though

I'd say Shoe's strength is his ball playing, so he will need someone on that outside shoulder that will allow him to unlock that potential. He needs a Menzies for his inner Cliffy Lyons. Who is that going to be ? Parker runs some courage lines and that is critical to commit defences, but Brad is hardly an attacking weapon outside of the crash play. Who is our edge backrower going to be on that side ? Davey is moving on so I can only assume Tualigi slots in there ? Possibly Lawton ? Do they have the nous to work with Shoe to unlock his potential ? One thing in his favour is that he has a relationship with Turbo already and that should reap some benefits I'm pretty sure.

Anyway from all reports it seems he will be given first crack at the 5/8 role next season so time will tell. Big worry for mine is if it doesn't work what is our plan B now that Foz is gone ? Is there another 6 in the house ??
Junior highlights is all burbo running off the shu

Any moment an injury to Foz or DCE will give Schuster all the opportunity he wants. It could be next week or it could be grand final day. Either way, he gets given the keys to a top 4 NRL team in November.

It’s a real shame… for mine he should be starting in the back row..
We looked our absolute most dangerous last season when dce and Tom were carving up the right side, and foz and schuster were carving up the left… it added that extra dimension in attack and we looked like world beaters in certain games…
If he doesn’t want to play back row, fine.. play him in NSW cup…
Sitting on the bench for 71 minutes each week does absolutely NOTHING for the team..
Would rather have seen tent on the bench and rotated with the forwards over schuster warming the pine all game..
Walker covers every position in the backline so the whole argument of needing someone there just in case of injury really isn’t a good enough excuse
So you would dump Davey who's playing the best footy of his career?

So you would dump Davey who's playing the best footy of his career?
The form schuster showed at times in the back row trumps anything Davey has ever done.. and I like Davey.. but at their best, 30 year old Davey on his way to the eels isn’t good enough to keep 21 year old schuster out of the team…

That’s if we’re going on their best… something is going on with schuster tho.. and if it’s true he doesn’t want to be playing in the back row, I don’t understand why we waste a bench spot on him…
Countless players play out of position at the start of their careers and they are just happy to be on the park… if it’s an attitude thing, piss him off now…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7