The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every coach can get the best out of self motivated players
The challenge is when players are not self motivated

Schuster isn't self-motivated @BOZO He isn't self-disciplined either. Unfortunately, it seems that Schuster doesn't have the self-control to respond adequately to the physical and psychological challenges he has encountered on his NRL journey. This is not because of a lack of support from the club. This is not because of a lack of empathy from the coaching staff or systemic failures in how they have coached him. Schuster has been dropped because he is lazy, unfit, overweight and hasn't followed his recovery plan. He needs to get serious about making some longterm changes, or his talent will be forever wasted.
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." — Tim Notke

Schuster isn't self-motivated @BOZO He isn't self-disciplined either. Unfortunately, it seems that Schuster doesn't have the self-control to respond adequately to the physical and psychological challenges he has encountered on his NRL journey. This is not because of a lack of support from the club. This is not because of a lack of empathy from the coaching staff or systemic failures in how they have coached him. Schuster has been dropped because he is lazy, unfit, overweight and hasn't followed his recovery plan. He needs to get serious about making some longterm changes, or his talents will be forever wasted.
Every person has their strengths and weaknesses as does every player
I was reading the biography of the Great Wally Lweis and he lacked disciplined on the training field but he got by to become one of the greatest

Last edited:
They did get him motivated though mate - Look at the off season he had, he dropped plenty of weight and was in great condition.

You cannot continually cuddle an individual each time they come back from injury to ensure they do exactly what the medical team want him to do in terms of his recovery.

If you want to be a long term NRL player, when you're given a plan for recovery you make sure you follow that to the letter.

You look at someone like Tom Trbojevic, injury follows him unfortunately, but you cannot fault the guy when it comes to doing everything in his power to get back on the field.

He should also be motivated by the fact that every game he is missing, has a massive impact on his mates and players around him.
Tommy works his arse off , you do have to give him that.

Every person has their strengths and weaknesses as do every player
I was reading the biography of the Great Wally Lweis and he lacked disciplined on the training field but he got by to become one of the greatest

I'm going to regret this,but....

Did you just compare training regimes from the 80s and 90s to what is expected from players in 2023?

I'm going to regret this,but....

Did you just compare training regimes from the 80s and 90s to what is expected from players in 2023?
Never regret anything you want to do feathered friend

People and Players will be people and players in any era

Some people are self motivated and some people are not and that is in all aspects of life and not just on the footy field

I have seen this in the Gym for years

Hard to know what to believe in the media. What does worry me is that this is the 2nd year in a row that Schuster has struggled to stay on the field. DCE's comments seem to indicate that potential alone isn't going to cut it and Schuster needs to continue to work hard off the field.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but give me Foran any day at 5/8. IF salary numbers are correct he would have stayed for 50% of Schuster's salary and you know he would have busted a gut week in, week out. IF $800k is correct then we should have let Schuster walk and given who his manager is this is still a likely scenario. This feels like a lose/lose scenario.
800 simply too much. That's close to too shelf money for all 5/8s in nrl.
Tartak needs to stop asking for more money he is not worth this at all. He played 5 games as a 6 it's complete madness.
As good as potential is and talent he should of never been signed on that. Now if his manager keeps going it time to let him walk.
That is significant money in the cap.
He needs to get these lower leg injuries sorted. I don't see this turning out as club hoped.

Never regret anything you want to do feathered friend

People and Players will be people and players in any era

Some people are self motivated and some people are not and that is in all aspects of life and not just on the footy field

I have seen this in the Gym for years
So you can see this more clearly than others @BOZO through your own experience. Unfortunately, Schuster is falling into your category two (not currently self-motivated) more than your category one (self-motivated). This is his key issue right now, and exactly what others are posting in this thread.

If they got him motivated affectively there would not be an issue now feathered friend

Every coach can get the best out of self motivated players
The challenge is when players are not self motivated

The fact and the moral of the story is
Some coaches can get the best out of players and some can not
Are you saying it’s the coach’s fault if Schu is unmotivated to stay physically fit?
Please tell me that’s not what you’re saying!!!

You can tell that Turbo busts a gut to get through injuries , rehab and do all the things necessary to get back to playing fitness. I just hope that it's the injuries only that are hampering Schu's efforts to get back on the field fully fit and not anything else that his holding back his rehab progress, otherwise DCE's words to him last year may come back to haunt him.

johns shows much more heart in defence and therefore is a better option for now.
Dce is captain and stating facts Kid needs to work. Talent gets you only so far.
Our club has invested alot on kid and by looks of his salary, being moved to preferred 6 its time and there some frustation there.
He needs to step up we moved on a club legend, potential you can only live on for so long.
Foran would have been a much better choice at 6 for his toughness in defennce and overall experience . Bad choice letting threats from managers dictating salaries with no proof they can string a whole year in a certain postion let alone match fitness. we should have faught hard to keep Wright.

Who the hell approved this 800k contract that’s going to increase next year?
For someone that’s never played Origin nor even cemented a spot in our 17 is absolutely ridiculous.
We have always known his issues with staying fit and healthy.
His manager put huge pressure on the club to move on Foz for Shu now it’s screwed any hope of a premiership in the next 2 years (unless he hits white hot form)
Extremely frustrating for the club, players and supporters that this is the situation we find ourselves in
whoa ,lets relax and not put the hearses before the horses .
None of us really know what his salary is ( I doubt it is what's been bandied about) and just because another rugby league blowhard "journalist " says its 800k doesn't make it so .
Regardless of if its 600 ,800 or what ever the thing for us is that we want him to be healthy and playing for Manly. So its a little frustrating yes ,but I think especially on here we can whip ourselves up into all sorts of frenzy's on not much more than an idiot RL "journo" comment and the fact that the guy is having a few injury problems and then suddenly we perceive the club has made a dumb decision etc and we are being somehow ripped off and then its torches and pitchforks ,,,,,again !!.
He will be back, lets hope for Brisbane fit and firing and we can marvel at his ability then .
The good thing is we have a bit of cover ,we have a really good forward pack and his replacement is very serviceable in being a good link man and ok kicker.
Go Manly and go the Schu

Maybe that’s why there is talk of Kyle Flanagan joining Manly. Could it be that they are testing Schu to see how he will react? Will it spur him on and make him the best five eight he can be and show everyone that he really wants it?Or will he be one of those players who looked like he had the world at his feet but somehow never quite made it?

So we are taking the word of a News Limited media hack re schu’s contract being worth $800k. FMD that will do me. Never let truth get in the way of a good story.
Nah it is actually good as it gives this thread a kick along when it was getting stale.
It allows the people to suggest(speculate) again,very entertaining and therapeutic for people to vent,a little like the game day thread.
Cue the outrage......
One journalist posts something with no factual basis and we are off again.
Keep it coming,funny as **** ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8