The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it’s best for both parties then so be it.

If we spend the money saved in players like Kyle Flanagan, then it just compounds the heartache

A line needs to be drawn With his snake In The grass manager. There is Getting the best deal for your client and there is honouring that deal and holding up your end of the bargain.

He can’t have it every which way that suits him. The NRL needs to get some backbone on this. It’s ruining clubs and tarnishing the game.

If he doesn’t shape up, I’d be ok with him being moved in. We can’t fall into the sunk cost fallacy. Yes, we have invested heavily but you have to take a forward looking view.

Even if he left and reached his potential at another club, I’m ok with it because (at this stage) it’s doubtful he will reach his potential with us. And I don’t think it’s a reflection on the club in any way.

Don’t get me wrong, I want him to stay and reach his potential with us. But if a tough call had to be made, I’d be supportive of it.
Look he’ll likely reach his potential , maybe when he grows up a bit , but at $800k per annum I don’t think Manly can wait for that

$800k to play who knows how many games a year isn’t good business , and this is a business.

You pay min $$$ payments for a player who might play 3-4 games a year , Veaga is a good example , on bugger all , may not feature too often but for the minimum that’s ok.

Look he’ll likely reach his potential , maybe when he grows up a bit , but at $800k per annum I don’t think Manly can wait for that

$800k to play who knows how many games a year isn’t good business , and this is a business.

You pay min $$$ payments for a player who might play 3-4 games a year , Veaga is a good example , on bugger all , may not feature too often but for the minimum that’s ok.
I agree. Whether we can wait for him to reach that potential will be informed by his response over the next 4 weeks. Interesting times!

I agree. Whether we can wait for him to reach that potential will be informed by his response over the next 4 weeks. Interesting times!
Absolutely, not in any way suggesting we should dump him now , but if he’s fit in a medical sense , but unfit in a game ready fitness sense , or unfit in a head space sense then the club shouldn’t have to sit around twiddling their thumbs forever.

He should be given a timeline , that’s reasonable and by that point he needs to be ready to play.

If he’s not , then …..we’ll we can’t wait around forever

I just find this whole discussion of moving him on, insanity. I'm as frustrated with his injury issues as anyone but there is so much unsubstantiated BS flying around it's ridiculous. I have no idea if Schuster is being difficult or not but neither do any fans calling him a sook. I'll be the first to say he deserves to be moved on, if there is evidence of him being an overpaid sook. But until that happens, we need to get off his back, let him get fit over the next couple weeks and then see what happens.

I just find this whole discussion of moving him on, insanity. I'm as frustrated with his injury issues as anyone but there is so much unsubstantiated BS flying around it's ridiculous. I have no idea if Schuster is being difficult or not but neither do any fans calling him a sook. I'll be the first to say he deserves to be moved on, if there is evidence of him being an overpaid sook. But until that happens, we need to get off his back, let him get fit over the next couple weeks and then see what happens.
I think before Kristie Fulton’s comments today,you could say that,but her post has shed some light on things

I know he hasn’t been setting the world on fire but Latu Fainu may have to be fast tracked once he turns 18. Other clubs do it. Perhaps they have decided that the schu is too hard work.

I think before Kristie Fulton’s comments today,you could say that,but her post has shed some light on things
Does it tho? She isn't involved in the Club. For all we know she could just be griping for being dumped. I have no idea. But what I do know is that it's p*ss poor form to be dumping on him so publicly.

Young Latu is the solution!
I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong. However, he hasn't yet shown enough in senior footy to know that for sure. So if Shu is in the same position (not setting the world on fire but has potential) why would we be dumping him now. I know I'm going on a bit about this but I just think the pile on here and in the media (social) is pretty ordinary.

If he's as much of a gronk as the social media hijinx suggest, he might not realise his potential until his prefrontal cortex finishes developing. I don't think we can wait four years in that hope.

I hope the club have made it clear that this next month is his last chance.

It's hard to imagine Craig Bellamy suffering these kinds of knobs in his squad. Probably why the Storm are so consistent and professional compared to our rabble.

I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong. However, he hasn't yet shown enough in senior footy to know that for sure. So if Shu is in the same position (not setting the world on fire but has potential) why would we be dumping him now. I know I'm going on a bit about this but I just think the pile on here and in the media (social) is pretty ordinary.
Only if Schuster decides to leave or moves on. If that happens we have a very good solution. Trust me this boy is a gun!

If she was “griping for being dumped”,she’d take a shot at the club and not basically back up what DCE said during the week.
I wouldn't know her motives and I don't care really. It's the fact she felt the need to "lend" her voice to the issue so publicly in the first place. It's like ex PM's suffering attention deficit. And I'm not so sure DCE went anywhere near as far.

But anyway ...........

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6