The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schu adds so much to our attack he reminds me of cliffy with the footy. He creates so many opportunities for the players around him.

The ball for Turbos 2nd try just bamboozled the defence. Parker ran a wonderful line and considering he had just scored off a Schu short pass the D had to defend him, then the no look inside pass was pure magic.
Cliffy on the sideline must have been enjoying the view.

OK - I still have issues with the guy, but damn when he is good he is very very good.

Interesting to hear Andrew Johns on 2GB (I think) say his biggest issue is that he still lives out west, and so after a hard days training he gets hungry and eats crap on the way home, he wants him to move over this way. While I am no athlete I do work a physical job, and if I don't manage my diet during the day, I do eat like a pig on the way home - most of my jobs are in the north west of Sydney so I have a bit of a trip home just like Schu. I understand the issue being described

Also interesting to see the commentators on nine support our coach standing Schu down to get his fitness and weight in order

Go Schuster!!!

The silkiest hands in the NRL sets up 3 tries, scores a try and the brilliant service he provided has brought Turbo back to form!!

Got some work to do defensively, but with game time that will come.

One thing is for sure, Manly is no hope of making the 8 without him. With him playing we are a good chance to beat any team. Fingers crossed he stays fit.
His talent is astonishing, to have such timing on first game back from a layoff. Wow.
But I also agree needs work on defence, a couple of times his defence was embarrassing. I'll make allowance for it being his first game back.
I also agree we need him on board, we are a totally different side with him on the park playing well.

1684663375872.png

Can he be the team's fitness coach?

Schuster is the key to our season, we can attack all sides of the park, rather than a handbrake on the left, and Toms set play runs are so much stronger on that side and they haven’t been available at all

The defence will come, I’d rather have his creatively out there at the risk of conceding a try or 2

Where are all the pelicans that have been having pathetic little cheap shots at him ?

Last edited:
Schuster is the key to our season, we can attack all sides of the park, rather than a handbrake on the left, and Toms set play runs are so much stronger on that side and they haven’t been available at all

The defence will come, I’d rather have his creatively out there at the risk of conceding a try or 2

Where are all the pelicans that have been having pathetic little cheap shots at him ?
I reckon you just need to go back a couple of pages on this thread to find some

View attachment 23854
Could be nothing but with Joe’s impending release hoping this has no substance

I think they are dreaming. I really hope they are.

SPOTTED

Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis, CEO Justin Pascoe, new recruitment boss Scott Fulton and player agent Mario Tartak dining at Totti’s Rozelle last week, no doubt discussing potential recruits for next year and beyond. Interesting in that Tim Sheens and demoted head of recruitment Warren McDonnell were not invited.

"When he....is playing footy for our team, we're a 10-times better team."
"To be able to play consistent footy and consistent good footy, you have to have a lot of stuff outside of footy in check," Croker said "When he gets that under control and is playing footy for our team, we're a 10-times better team. "Some of the games he played last year and the year before, to be able to string those games together and do that sort of stuff for our team is something that we need. "It's something that he's conscious of and the staff here are conscious of it as well."

OK - I still have issues with the guy, but damn when he is good he is very very good.

Interesting to hear Andrew Johns on 2GB (I think) say his biggest issue is that he still lives out west, and so after a hard days training he gets hungry and eats crap on the way home, he wants him to move over this way. While I am no athlete I do work a physical job, and if I don't manage my diet during the day, I do eat like a pig on the way home - most of my jobs are in the north west of Sydney so I have a bit of a trip home just like Schu. I understand the issue being described

Also interesting to see the commentators on nine support our coach standing Schu down to get his fitness and weight in order

When talking about this, Phil Gould commented that the coach's job is to make the right decisions, not popular decisions.

He also commented that Josh has no problems when he has the ball in hand, but needs to work on what he does when he doesn't have the ball in hand. Hard to argue there.

Hoping he stays fit and continues to improve with us.

I would just like Seibs to have a quiet word about carrying the ball in one hand when he's scoring a try. Should never tempt fate.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6