The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@BOZO Just think of the next few weeks as someone else's time to shine.

Just like how you took some time in your journey to heel and ultimately amongst that darkness you found your switch moment. And now look at you go, your back bigger and better.

Its a path everyone including the Shoe has to walk at their own pace. You can tell em to run but they are just words. It's a journey.

When you were in that dark place, I reckon the last thing u needed was added pressure, or someone telling you how or what to feel.

As Manly men he's our star kid. Think of you as the biggest and hardest sledge hammer prop. Your job right now is to support your ball player and protect him if you give our kid time and space to do his thing. Bam.

Hopefully he'll find that switch. And when the shoe is ready and back bigger and better than ever. He can certainly emulate his best mate with THAT play that wins the game on grand final day. Time and Space.
I have always enjoyed reading your posts but you have been on fire lately. Thanks for your entertaining and thoughtful contributions , and your understanding of the game

I have always enjoyed reading your posts but you have been on fire lately. Thanks for your entertaining and thoughtful contributions , and your understanding of the game
Nice people say nice things @jbb/james .
Your nice gesture defines the nice person that you are
Your family and our Manly forum family are lucky to have nice people like you

The key word to your post is FIRE and we need to keep focus on what the REAL WINNING MANLY WAY is and keep that passionate premiership winning FIRE that was ignited by our Manly Premiership Winning legends Burning
Anything Else is not Magnificent Manly

We are not the Manly Netflix Kardashians
We should be the Manly Magnificent Premiership Winning Sea eagles

Bring back the Magnificent Premiership Winning Manly Way !
1707696659412.png

@BOZO Just think of the next few weeks as someone else's time to shine.

Its a path everyone including the Shoe has to walk at their own pace. You can tell em to run but they are just words. It's a journey.
Thank you for your empathetic post Feathered friend @double hoops

Words are just words if we do not use the right Words to awaken , motivate and inspire a persons spirit

Words are powerful ..
Words can make people laugh, cry or feel like they are born again or feel like they want to die

We all have a trigger point . Trigger points are like G spots . They arouse and inspire us in a positive way

Last edited:
Nice people say nice things @jbb/james .
Your nice gesture defines the nice person that you are
Your family and our Manly forum family are lucky to have nice people like you

The key word to your post is FIRE and we need to keep focus on what the REAL WINNING MANLY WAY is and keep that passionate premiership winning FIRE that was ignited by our Manly Premiership Winning legends Burning
Anything Else is not Magnificent Manly

We are not the Manly Netflix Kardashians
We should be the Manly Magnificent Premiership Winning Sea eagles

Bring back the Magnificent Premiership Winning Manly Way !
View attachment 25970
You set a really good example yourself mate
not everyone is onboard with your content but your intent and attitude is is a shining light for the overall mood of this community.
you left a big hole when you took a break

Thank you for your empathetic post Feathered friend @double hoops

Words are just words if we do use the right Words to awaken , motivate and inspire a persons spirit

Words are powerful ..
Words can make people laugh, cry or feel like they are born again or feel like they want to die

We all have a trigger point . Trigger points are like G spots . They arouse and inspire us in a positive way
Ahh Bozo. 😂 Words are like G spots. 😂. Thank you for inspiring a laugh from me Boz..

You know what the say. With some lovely ladies that spot can be hard to find. 🤔

You set a really good example yourself mate
not everyone is onboard with your content but your intent and attitude is is a shining light for the overall mood of this community.
you left a big hole when you took a break
The only Big Hole that really matters is the one that currently exists in our proud premiership Winning history which is our longest drought in between Winning a Grand Final and honoring our Legendary Manly club and making our Manly supporters proud
And when we lower our Legendary clubs great standards we sadly stand for nothing Great

For the sake of our sacred club
What we all need to get onboard is the real premiership winning Manly Way
and the only Way that leads to Manly Greatness
1707699749975.png

Ahh Bozo. 😂 Words are like G spots. 😂. Thank you for inspiring a laugh from me Boz..

You know what the say. With some lovely ladies that spot can be hard to find. 🤔
If you are determined you will find it feathered friend
Its there . Keep looking

Schuster gets the green light after chicken pox, surgery and coronial inquest​

After a summer of chicken pox, finger surgery, a calf strain and reliving the devastating death of his best friend, Josh Schuster is ready to play football.

Schuster’s return to the back row was green-lit by coach Anthony Seibold and Manly’s medical staff on Monday, when the prodigious 22-year-old passed a fitness test on his injured calf.

A 30-minute stint in Saturday’s trial against the Roosters in Gosford - provided he pulls up from the rest of this week’s training without issue - will ideally put a pin in Schuster’s tumultuous summer, and book his ticket to Las Vegas at the same time.

Schuster spent last week giving evidence and sitting alongside the family of Keith Titmussduring the inquest into his death during a 2020 Manly training session, likely due to external heat stroke.

Schuster’s trials and tribulations pale in comparison. But critics were again at the ready when news of Schuster’s stop-start summer emerged, limiting his training and putting him in doubt for round one.

I think I’ve handled those setbacks pretty well,” Schuster said.

“For a few years now, I’ve become used to the criticism. I think I’ve grown up in the last few years.

“I understand that it comes with the job and the game that we play. It’s up to you guys [the media] if it really should. I don’t get a say in that and I understand it comes with the territory.”

Schuster, who will earn around $800,000 after re-signing until the end of 2027, is regarded by Manly staff as one of the most talented players to walk through the Brookvale gates in decades

He had impressed with his training leading up to Christmas before waking up one morning itchy and covered in spots.

“Chicken pox as an adult, it can be quite dangerous and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone,” Schuster said.

“Some of our coaching staff had it as well, I don’t know if I caught it off them or gave it to them. But it’s definitely the sickest I’ve ever been.

I was struggling with aching pains. It was the flu with shocking headaches, I couldn’t eat or drink for days.

“Coming back to training had to be really managed because my immune system was shot, I had no energy, I was dehydrated because I hadn’t had any fluids for days. It took a while to get back.

Josh Schuster finished 2023 in reserve grade.

“I dropped five kilos and now I’m back and feeling good, I want to be around 110kg which is light as a back-rower.”

A spiral fracture to Schuster’s ring finger, which is still bent at the tip, required surgery to avoid a similar fate to Roosters star Angus Crichton, who had his own finger amputated after playing on through a similar injury during his teens.

I’ll take the surgery thanks, I don’t want to cut it off,” Schuster laughed.

Schuster’s calf strain then laid him low as he completed running drills post-surgery, keeping him out of full team training until this week.

His move to the back row comes with an added defensive load and pairs him with marquee signing Luke Brooks on the left edge, though Ben Trbojevic’s impressive pre-season has him challenging for the same spot.

Brooks is more familiar than most with the brickbats Schuster has weathered throughout his 50-game career.

Manly’s new five-eighth was dubbed the next coming of Andrew Johns by sections of the media in his debut season. He was a regular punching bag throughout an 11-year Wests Tigers career that failed to yield a finals appearance.

“I’ve dealt with what he’s going through,” Brooks said. “I can relate to it, definitely. People forget how young he is. And how you deal with that outside noise, it’s not really a natural thing.

“It takes a while to learn how to live with it. It’s easier said than done. For me personally, learning how to deal with those critics came from experience and I’m happy to help him if he needs it at all.”

The media are obsessed with Schu aren’t they. The amount of articles talking about his experience with the inquest actually disgusts me. Journalists have no empathy at all.
I do agree. Its sad but

As long as people look, they will continue to exploit.
ultimately the public shape the media

collectively we are to blame for the media tripe
footy is more like a woman’s weekly publication these days, and that is a reflection on our society as a whole

trying to get people to boycott stuff is near impossible

If any club offered to take Schu off our hands now i’d happily send him on his way. The sad truth is that no other team would be stupid enough to take him for full freight at this stage.

Not even the Tigers or Dragons would pay half of what we are paying him. We'd end up subsidising him elsewhere. So for better or worse for the moment we are stuck with him. We just have to keep the faith that the potential all the "good judges" say he has will eventually rise to the top. What a sight it will be if / when it does come out of him.

He's been my whipping boy of choice for a while now but I'm starting a fresh with him in 2024 and for the moment laying off. The recent media coverage of the inquest into the death of his mate Kieth Titmus was a good reminder of what he has been through. That would have been hard to deal with at any age but for someone so young it must have been virtually impossible to think about anything else.

He seems to me like he's a confidence player and that seems to have completely gone. In 2024 if he finally gets some game time, starts enjoying his footy and gets some confidence back then I think we'll see the best (or at least better) of him. In that interview he did on Manly Sea Eagles website the other day he just looked so nervous. It just reminded me how young he still is. So much pressure on someone so young it is hard to enjoy anything. He's not having fun playing footy with his mates anymore. Footy is now a job that he doesn't appear to be enjoying. Yeah, yeah, I know he is being paid a lot of money but that is not his fault. Someone at our club was stupid enough to offer that to him so that mistake is not on him and he shouldn't be condemned for that.

Last edited:
Think about the effect Moses Suli finding his father in their garage after he died working out & Schuster witnessing his best mate dying at training had on these guys.

Both of these guys are suspected to be not the hardest trainers.

Perhaps that why & they need a bit of help to get through it mentally just now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8