The Queen's Death

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No problem with the 2/3 idea , but for me as long as “ the Gov” is just ceremonial there’ll not be too many issues.
He or she should be titled the President. Calling someone a ‘Governor’ as head of state creates far too much confusion* and smacks of a colonialist hangover. Nor do governors in the modern day Australian context actually ‘govern’.

*Even more so than having a foreign nation’s flag in the top left hand corner of ours - ‘lording’ over us.

He or she should be titled the President. Calling someone a ‘Governor’ as head of state creates far too much confusion* and smacks of a colonialist hangover. Nor do governors in the modern day Australian context actually ‘govern’.

*Even more so than having a foreign nation’s flag in the top left hand corner of ours - ‘lording’ over us.
Yes fair enough , the reason I suggested the Governor was simply to take as much angst out of any change, note I’m dropping the “ general “. Each state has , and would have a Governor whose role is largely ceremonial , the bestowing of OAM’s etc and to formerly do the induction to the pollies each 4 years.

Zero power , 100% ceremonial.

The flag would have to change , my proposal , the Australian coat of arms ( you know the emu and roo ) in lieu of the Union Jack.

The less we change the more it’s likely to be accepted.

Yes fair enough , the reason I suggested the Governor was simply to take as much angst out of any change, note I’m dropping the “ general “. Each state has , and would have a Governor whose role is largely ceremonial , the bestowing of OAM’s etc and to formerly do the induction to the pollies each 4 years.

Zero power , 100% ceremonial.

The flag would have to change , my proposal , the Australian coat of arms ( you know the emu and roo ) in lieu of the Union Jack.

The less we change the more it’s likely to be accepted.
Bob Carr proposed a similar thing, retaining the Governor-General title. It could work, but you would want to change it to ‘President’ at some point.

And again:

We analysed Meghan and Kate’s body language and … then stopped because it is totally weird and unimportant
meghan-and-kate-queen-1-620x356.jpg

A frame-by-frame analysis of Princesses Meghan and Kate at a procession through Westminster Hall this week showed that we had way too much time on our hands.

Meghan can be seen moving her legs one in front of the other, which seems to suggest that she is readying to kick Kate in the shins, or possibly that she is walking. But we may never know because we totally lost interest in the whole thing.

“If you zoom in closely at the images and look at the way Kate’s palms face downwards when Meghan is looking at her, but upwards when she’s not, then you’re really overthinking this,” a spokesperson said.

“In particular, analysing the way she smiles in one frame, and then frowns in another, really shows – quite clearly actually – that you’ve totally lost perspective”.

I was devastated to see Harry and Meagan actually holding hands in a procession. I mean cant they keep their hands off each other just for a moment. And Kate, god looking though she is, can certainly maintain a sour look for a long while....usually at Meagan mind you

I was devastated to see Harry and Meagan actually holding hands in a procession. I mean cant they keep their hands off each other just for a moment. And Kate, god looking though she is, can certainly maintain a sour look for a long while....usually at Meagan mind you
They are both lookers , regardless.

But yes Kate has mastered “ the death stare “ that’s for sure.

Was there an actual orchestra playing the bagpipes, drums etc as they marched down the road with her Majesty's casket on the gun carriage to West Minister Abbey or was that 'piped' music over a PA system? I couldn't see any band playing in the march. I found that music very haunting but at the same time beautiful listening.

Was there an actual orchestra playing the bagpipes, drums etc as they marched down the road with her Majesty's casket on the gun carriage to West Minister Abbey or was that 'piped' music over a PA system? I couldn't see any band playing in the march. I found that music very haunting but at the same time beautiful listening.
The music was played by the massed band of (I think) the grenadier guards. In isolation bagpipes can sound truly awful but in a certain setting they are really spine tingling

The music was played by the massed band of (I think) the grenadier guards. In isolation bagpipes can sound truly awful but in a certain setting they are really spine tingling
Thanks UK, last night I recorded some parts of the funeral and did see the band on the side on a few occassions during the march. I thought they would be actually part of the march but I was wrong. Cheers!

I get the pomp and ceremony, but what an ordeal for the poor family.

Anyway thank the **** it’s over so my TV isn’t full of it , on every channel , 24/7.

And as to Charlie & the Horse , well as far as I’m concerned they are “ persona non grata “ .

I could potentially live with Wills & Kate but that won’t happen in my lifetime as these bastards seem to live forever.

I get the pomp and ceremony, but what an ordeal for the poor family.

Anyway thank the **** it’s over so my TV isn’t full of it , on every channel , 24/7.

And as to Charlie & the Horse , well as far as I’m concerned they are “ persona non grata “ .

I could potentially live with Wills & Kate but that won’t happen in my lifetime as these bastards seem to live forever.
I don't know he was looking a bit frail.

I don't know he was looking a bit frail.
Honestly whilst I dislike the prick , what he had to go through was horrendous .

If you’ve still got your mother you wouldn’t know , but the loss of your Mum is pretty gruelling.

And in the tradition you can’t shed a tear , wipe your eyes , you have to be “ stoic “ as that’s what they do.

I felt really sorry for him.

But he’s still a prick !!

As Clive James once said...the only people who like the bagpipes are the Scots, and Australians.

lol

(Might've been clive robertson, I dunno.)
I'd have thought Canadians were more likely, don't they have Highland games in certain parts? Probably Nova Scotia if I think about it

I'd have thought Canadians were more likely, don't they have Highland games in certain parts? Probably Nova Scotia if I think about it

I agree. (esp seeing as Nova Scotia = New Scotland)

You need to tell Clive!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4