The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Didn't Barrett say he wouldn't poach any Panthers players when he got appointed Bulldogs coach when he was an assistant?
View attachment 24080
View attachment 24081

View attachment 24082
I'm not scared. Kikau and Crichton left because Penrith have played in the last three Grand Finals and the cap bit them hard.

Further, the players have to be complicit for a coach to 'poach' them away from their current club. If we have players that would prefer to be at St Merge, then I'll personally hold the door open for them.

Tom, Jake and DCE are never going to be tempted to leave Manly. Garrick just re-signed for 4 years. Saab hated the place and agitated to get out of there. Schuster seems to enjoy living in Western Sydney and hasn't relocated to the Northern Beachers so can't see him moving to Wollongong any time soon. It's also an impossible commute from his current home. The Fainu family moved to the Northern Beaches two years ago, so can't see them wanting to relocate to Wollongong either. The worst I can see happening is a couple of average forwards might end up there for more $$$ and that's about the extent of it.

I'd be more concerned about a big Roosters clean out than Flanno at the Dragons.

I'm not scared. Kikau and Crichton left because Penrith have played in the last three Grand Finals and the cap bit them hard.

Further, the players have to be complicit for a coach to 'poach' them away from their current club. If we have players that would prefer to be at St Merge, then I'll personally hold the door open for them.

Tom, Jake and DCE are never going to be tempted to leave Manly. Garrick just re-signed for 4 years. Saab hated the place and agitated to get out of there. Schuster seems to enjoy living in Western Sydney and hasn't relocated to the Northern Beachers so can't see him moving to Wollongong any time soon. It's also an impossible commute from his current home. The Fainu family moved to the Northern Beaches two years ago, so can't see them wanting to relocate to Wollongong either. The worst I can see happening is a couple of average forwards might end up there for more $$$ and that's about the extent of it.

I'd be more concerned about a big Roosters clean out than Flanno at the Dragons.
The lifestyle isn't everything. Suli never wanted to leave either and at the end of the day he has to look after his family, as do most players.

Well the club picked a wooden spoon coach to take over from a premiership winning coach, so yes the club is capable of making irrational decisions.
OK, but what's that got to do with Flanno at the Dragons? If we release them, why does it matter where they end up? They're no bigger loss regardless of whether they play for our former assistant coach at St George or go somewhere else?

Didn't Barrett say he wouldn't poach any Panthers players when he got appointed Bulldogs coach when he was an assistant?
View attachment 24080
View attachment 24081

View attachment 24082
Who is he going to poach @TheSoaringEagle2023 ?
We already have 21 players contracted for 2024 (not including Latu Fainu, so actually 22), plus Sykes, Myers and Humphries are all likely to come into the 30 next season.
According to Zero Tackle, these are our uncontracted players for 2024 (Currently in the 30)
Morgan Boyle, Ethan Bullemor, Samuela Fainu, Morgan Harper, Brad Parker, Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega, Kaeo Weekes, Aaron Woods plus Cooper Johns.
From that, we will keep Parker and S Fainu, hopefully Bullemor, and probably Vaega and Weekes. That takes us up to 30 players for 2024 already. No doubt there will be some minor changes to that along the way, but if Flanagan wishes to recruit any Manly players for 2024, he has a choice of Johns, Boyle, Harper and Woods, plus potentially Humphries and Sykes.

I have tried really really hard .... I have read all the posts and opinions ..... and I sadly report, I just don't have one ... not one ... not one spare fukk to give ... completely fukkless ... without a fukk where Flanno leaving is concerned ..
A more colourful view of my opinion.

Maybe the premiership winning coach was on the decline and the wooden spoon coach is on the rise!

Just sayin’
If you were building a house and you had a choice of 2 builders.

1. old guy with a proven track record of building a good solid house
2. young guy who has built a dodgy rickety house but may come good over time.

Are you going with the young builder?

You forgot to mention that the old guy had his business deregistered by the housing industry authority .. and that the government cancelled his building licn for dodgy unsafe practices.

You forgot to mention that the old guy had his business deregistered by the housing industry authority .. and that the government cancelled his building licn for dodgy unsafe practices.
Did I mention the young guy had the newest and shiniest cutting edge tools, but the house was still shaky.

We are not building a house!

Just sayin’

Get off his back and give him a go !

We are not building a house!

Just sayin’

Get off his back and give him a go !

Knockout Renovate GIF by TLC Europe

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16