The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Flanno does take the dragons job, do we cut him off like chooks did with Ryles or does he stay on for the remainder of the season?

That should have happened already - the fact that we haven't makes us look like a laughing stock. This club has 0 identity or pride in themselves. Embarrassing.

That should have happened already - the fact that we haven't makes us look like a laughing stock. This club has 0 identity or pride in themselves. Embarrassing.
90% of assistant coaches are looking for a top job at some point.If Manly are a laughing stock for this situation,so are the Cowboys and Souths,who have Young and Hornby interviewing for the Dragons job.

90% of assistant coaches are looking for a top job at some point.If Manly are a laughing stock for this situation,so are the Cowboys and Souths,who have Young and Hornby interviewing for the Dragons job.

Disagree. It's an absolutely ridiculous time to be focusing on both Fox Spots and The Dragons for Flannagan. Languishing in 10th (take the byes out - 14th). This both needs to be done at seasons end, AND behind closed doors. What is happening, is a complete lack of commitment for US (and that's what I care about). We look like a joke.

Secondly, Jason Ryles did exactly the same thing at The Roosters, and he is now unemployed. Or are you willing to accept lesser standards, because we are Manly?

Hold our club in higher regard Nord. Don't settle, and accept mediocrity mate, just because we've been **** for so long, surely that can't be the norm.

I'll make this clear. Given our below average quality roster & what appears coaching staff, we need both the players and coaches 100% committed to US. We aren't going to win on talent alone. We need a system. We need the players willing to die for each other in the trenches. We need the entire machine ALL pulling in the same direction, because we aren't good enough for that NOT to be the case.

Please tell me you get that Nord. PLEASE, I'm begging you. Want for something better for us.

Disagree. It's an absolutely ridiculous time to be focusing on both Fox Spots and The Dragons for Flannagan. Languishing in 10th (take the byes out - 14th). This both needs to be done at seasons end, AND behind closed doors. What is happening, is a complete lack of commitment for US (and that's what I care about). We look like a joke.

Secondly, Jason Ryles did exactly the same thing at The Roosters, and he is now unemployed. Or are you willing to accept lesser standards, because we are Manly?

Hold our club in higher regard Nord. Don't settle, and accept mediocrity mate, just because we've been **** for so long, surely that can't be the norm.

I'll make this clear. Given our below average quality roster & what appears coaching staff, we need both the players and coaches 100% committed to US. We aren't going to win on talent alone. We need a system. We need the players willing to die for each other in the trenches. We need the entire machine ALL pulling in the same direction, because we aren't good enough for that NOT to be the case.

Please tell me you get that Nord. PLEASE, I'm begging you. Want for something better for us.
Ryles made a commitment to see out his contract before looking for a first grade gig. Flanno made it perfectly clear he was in the market for a first grade gig.

I share your frustration with the state of the club at the moment but we knew full well what we were getting when Flanno was signed. No need to sack him because he is open to expressions of interest. If that was a deal breaker then we never should've signed him in the first place.

Clubs with multiple premierships in recent years can attract the best young coaches. We are where we are and have to add value to our staff by making concessions. I don't love it but it's realistic.

Ryles made a commitment to see out his contract before looking for a first grade gig. Flanno made it perfectly clear he was in the market for a first grade gig.

I share your frustration with the state of the club at the moment but we knew full well what we were getting when Flanno was signed. No need to sack him because he is open to expressions of interest. If that was a deal breaker then we never should've signed him in the first place.

Clubs with multiple premierships in recent years can attract the best young coaches. We are where we are and have to add value to our staff by making concessions. I don't love it but it's realistic.

Agree and disagree. We weren't going to stop him getting another first grade gig, sure.

But a mid-season disruption should have ALWAYS been the disclaimer (anyone with half a brain would have built that clause in). No-one is bigger than the club. He's already allowed to continue his commentary. We are languishing results wise, do you really think this disruption, and Flannagan talking about how he can turn the Dragons around (against the likes of us) is going to help, and galvanize our group?

**** me dead we are willing to accept anything it seems. Our standards are SO low now, a bloke (BEFORE getting the job) can dictate that he's only half in and will up and leave mid-season, regardless of whether we need consistency and a system in place.

That'll do me. Should have just kept Des.

'Byes out -14th' isnt really accurate

Dogs are 15th having played 13 games (and are on 5 wins), and we have a better for and against, so I guessed 14th. But thank you once again for adding absolutely 0 value into the actual debate we are having with your inane bull**** semantics :snooze:

Tell us, in your infinite wisdom where we'd be if you take both our byes off us, and all other teams either their 0-2 byes) - once you spend the time doing that, and you let us know, understand it makes absolutely 0 difference to the topic at hand.

Dogs are 15th having played 13 games (and are on 5 wins), and we have a better for and against, so I guessed 14th. But thank you once again for adding absolutely 0 value into the actual debate we are having with your inane bull**** semantics :snooze:

Tell us, in your infinite wisdom where we'd be if you take both our byes off us, and all other teams either their 0-2 byes) - once you spend the time doing that, and you let us know, understand it makes absolutely 0 difference to the topic at hand.
We have 5.5 wins so only teams with 6 wins would jump us.

Rumour has it Flanno is taking Cooper John's with him to Illawarra, so things are levelling out already

Relax

I just dont think exaggerations and half truths are needed to make a point. It so often weakens a position.

Relax

I just dont think exaggerations and half truths are needed to make a point. It so often weakens a position.

How about your incessant exaggerations about how fantastic things really are for us on almost every topic? Why doesn't that warrant correction? You want to make things appear WAY better than they really are?

How about your incessant exaggerations about how fantastic things really are for us on almost every topic? Why doesn't that warrant correction? You want to make things appear WAY better than they really are?
Feel free to find, quote and correct anything you deem an exaggeration, that is what a forum is for. Opinions!

I personally dont think anything is fantastic atm. I think we have slightly improved on last year. There are encouraging signs amongst some very concerning ones.

Consistency and our mentality on the field a big worry.

Last edited:
I'll just say okay to that one, and take your word for it :rofl: hahaha
A lot of talk about how the bye points skews the ladder but it really doesnt too much.

Sure you get 2 extra points, but on the flipside if you don't get 2 points you are disadvantaged by have had less opportunities to gain points.....basically never way is perfect but it doesnt really effect much.

To illustrate, the best way to get an accurate ladder is to remove the bye points and then divide competition points by games played.

So for example, the Panthers are on 18 points but 4 of that is from byes. So they have 14 points from 11 games at 1.27 competition points per game played.

So with that in mind lets look at a points per game ladder compared to there current position (attached for reference)

1.Broncos 1.38ppg (3rd)
2.Panthers 1.27 (1st)
3.Sharks 1.27 (2nd)
4.Storm 1.27 (4th)
5.Rabbitohs 1.23 (5th)
6.Dolphins 1.17 (6th)
7.Raiders 1.17 (7th)
8.Warriors 1 (8th)
9.Manly 0.92 (11th)
10.Knights 0.92 (12th)
11.Parra 0.92 (13th)
12.Titans 0.91 (9th)
13.Roosters 0.91 (10th)
14. Bulldogs 0.83 (14th)
15.Cowboys 0.77 (16th)
16.Tigers 0.55 (15th)
17.Dragons 0.5 (17th)

So Broncos go from equal first to outright.

Titans and Roosters drop a few spots but you are talking .1 difference and then Tigers drop a spot.

Not a huge difference.

The above is a post I did last week they I think is the best way to get a accurate table.

Competitions points per game.

*Obvs the above is before the weekends games

Feel free to find, quote and correct anything you deem an exaggeration, that is what a forum is for. Opinions!

I personally dont think anything is fantastic atm. I think we have slightly improved on last year. There are encouraging signs amongst some very concerning ones.

That is a Perfect summary how I feel about this season thus far Disco - short , sweet and exactly how it is.

Keep up our Legendary clubs High standards and your Passionate posts feathered friend @Disco

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7