Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Rex said:
The media's unrestrained and undefined use of the word "trafficking" serves their objective of causing wildly irrational emotional reactions in the public. But does it match the facts?

The thinking person looks behind the agendas that organisations like News Ltd have - and is approriately skeptical about what they report, how they report it, and what agendas drive both of these things.

Surely it wasn't the emotive language at the release that prompts the media to assume and speculate far, far worse and counter to actual facts?!?!?

I am amazed that you persist with your Murdoch-bash with terms such as 'unrestrained' and 'undefined', when it was these very descriptions that sit best with how the story first broke, courtesy of Clare and Lundy.

The Essendon players haven't been punished yet. That is yet to come. 2 years for every time a player took an illegal substance should be quite a tally for each player by the end. Or will 12 months of getting pepped earn the same penalty as someone taking it once?

Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:
The media's unrestrained and undefined use of the word "trafficking" serves their objective of causing wildly irrational emotional reactions in the public. But does it match the facts?

The thinking person looks behind the agendas that organisations like News Ltd have - and is approriately skeptical about what they report, how they report it, and what agendas drive both of these things.

Surely it wasn't the emotive language at the release that prompts the media to assume and speculate far, far worse and counter to actual facts?!?!?

I am amazed that you persist with your Murdoch-bash with terms such as 'unrestrained' and 'undefined', when it was these very descriptions that sit best with how the story first broke, courtesy of Clare and Lundy.
Your defence of poor defenceless Murdoch, at every opportunity, reveals much about you.

ManlyBacker said:
What agenda drove the original press conference? I'll easily admit being wrong when ASADA puts up.

lol. You will never, ever admit to being wrong MB. No matter what.

So is it right that Earl would have been no longer a NRL player after next weekend? Is that why they jumped on him now?

If a player who thinks he is about getting an infraction notice gets in first & annouces his immediate retirement, what happens then? Can the NRL still do or say anything?

Rex said:
Your defence of poor defenceless Murdoch, at every opportunity, reveals much about you.

Is that meant to be a dig at me? A huge leap of logic on your part. Perhaps I should label you because of your attacks on all things Murdoch, at every opportunity?

The only call I'll make on you is that your personal vendetta on all things Murdoch, blinds you to the various media outlets guilty of over-reaching on stories, and also in support of many News employees views that the presser was over the top.

But make it about Murdoch if that is what helps you process it into a 'right vs wrong' perception, in further support of your wider views and belief that others not sharing your opinions must be brainless sheeple influenced by the likes of Uncle Rupert.

Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:

Is that meant to be a dig at me? A huge leap of logic on your part. Perhaps I should label you because of your attacks on all things Murdoch, at every opportunity?

The only call I'll make on you is that your personal vendetta on all things Murdoch, blinds you to the various media outlets guilty of over-reaching on stories, and also in support of many News employees views that the presser was over the top.

But make it about Murdoch if that is what helps you process it into a 'right vs wrong' perception, in further support of your wider views and belief that others not sharing your opinions must be brainless sheeple influenced by the likes of Uncle Rupert.
You prove yourself to be a Murdoch puppet once again.

Can you not even see that Murdoch runs a propaganda paper, and not a newspaper? Did you learn nothing at all from the Brett Stewart case?

russel crowe should add the hampster huey and rex thread to the book of feuds. Holy **** you guys are going the marathon. Dont get me wrong, knock yourself out, some of its well written stuff, but will you guys know what to do with yourselves once its dusted. Just an observation guys, keep it up, I want to see if it goes on longer than Home and away

Rex said:
Can you not even see that Murdoch runs a propaganda paper, and not a newspaper? Did you learn nothing at all from the Brett Stewart case?

Can you not see that every major media outlet operates on propaganda? But you talk only of Murdoch on all things evil in the media, when the healthier balance is to read all sides, assess it against realities and common sense, then make up your own mind. It comes across as less tin-foil wearing to be able to blame all publishers at various times.

The Stewart call is strange. That wasn't propaganda; it was lies and they were punished (but not nearly enough IMO). However there were no shortage across the media spectrum having a dig, not least the likes of Magnay and Fitzsimons at Fairfax.

As a former journalist with both the Fairfax and Murdoch media (in the 1970s) the difference with journalism these days is that most of it is opinion. I was taught that the journo couldn't have an opinion. You could only report the facts, as you knew them, and you had to get all sides of the story.
The other difference is that there is a 24-hour news cycle so there is pressure to report rumours without doing due diligence. Another is the cult of celebrity, and the 4th (which will earn me the title of a mysognist) is that the bulk of media today are females. That's not to say that they aren't competent, but they have their agendas.

The Who said:
I was taught that the journo couldn't have an opinion. You could only report the facts, as you knew them, and you had to get all sides of the story.

Imagine a world where this was still true today...

I've been blissfully out of media range for a week and only just learned Essendon is kicked out of the AFL finals and James Hird, about the biggest name in the game, is banned for 12 months. Fairly big news, I would have thought?
As for the ancient 'press-conference-was-just-a-political-stunt' debate… it seems this whole saga is far from over, and I see no reason to change my view just yet.
That's all. Carry on ;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I've been blissfully out of media range for a week and only just learned Essendon is kicked out of the AFL finals and James Hird, about the biggest name in the game, is banned for 12 months. Fairly big news, I would have thought?
As for the ancient 'press-conference-was-just-a-political-stunt' debate… it seems this whole saga is far from over, and I see no reason to change my view just yet.
That's all. Carry on ;)

I never bought into the 'presser-was-a-political-stunt' like some on here. But that presentation labelled every sportsperson in Australia a cheat, insinuated organised crime was heavily involved, that matches were being fixed as a result and there was wide-spread illegal performance enhancing drugs used.

Essendon have gone down, not through a single action of the ACC or ASADA, but on a "bringing the game into disrepute" charge from just the AFL. Their supplements program definitely looks suss but we are still waiting for a single piece of evidence to back up their claims on that night. The more it goes on it does look like there has been cheating by some clubs but both organisations are slower in delivering than an Eel's backline move.

That's all, carry on.

Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:

Can you not see that every major media outlet operates on propaganda? But you talk only of Murdoch on all things evil in the media, when the healthier balance is to read all sides, assess it against realities and common sense, then make up your own mind. It comes across as less tin-foil wearing to be able to blame all publishers at various times.

The Stewart call is strange. That wasn't propaganda; it was lies and they were punished (but not nearly enough IMO). However there were no shortage across the media spectrum having a dig, not least the likes of Magnay and Fitzsimons at Fairfax.

This gets funnier every time you jump on your steed to protect poor little defenceless Rupert, Hamster.

Not propaganda, but lies, with the Stewart situation? Lol. Take a quiet moment of reflection and see that propaganda = lies.

And who did Brett Stewart see as the overwhelmingly prime culprit responsible for this “lying”? Hint: Which organisation needed to settle with Stewart? Which organisations didn’t?

Rex said:
Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:

This gets funnier every time you jump on your steed to protect poor little defenceless Rupert, Hamster.

Not propaganda, but lies, with the Stewart situation? Lol. Take a quiet moment of reflection and see that propaganda = lies.

And who did Brett Stewart see as the overwhelmingly prime culprit responsible for this “lying”? Hint: Which organisation needed to settle with Stewart? Which organisations didn’t?

You'll split hairs all day to get your Murdoch-bash on, Rex. As I mentioned before, your blind hatred of him prevents you addressing anything you see him (potentially) involved with in a clear manner.

I can only imagine the anger you'll have in you over Uncle Rupert's supposed influence, in the aftermath of this Saturdays election.

MadMarcus said:
The Who said:
I was taught that the journo couldn't have an opinion. You could only report the facts, as you knew them, and you had to get all sides of the story.

Imagine a world where this was still true today...

We can only wish

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11