Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Kiwi Eagle said:
Beauty, a couple of you have found the tape measures again !

Lol!

There I was thinking there may have been some developments on the ASADA investigation.... zzzz

Mals said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Beauty, a couple of you have found the tape measures again !

Lol!

There I was thinking there may have been some developments on the ASADA investigation.... zzzz

Nope, just more of
y0Txqnn.gif
from Hamster Huey & Rex and more
connie_eatingpopcorn.gif
from the rest of us and
knitting-1.gif
from Jatz.

Hamster Huey said:
You'll split hairs all day to get your Murdoch-bash on, Rex. As I mentioned before, your blind hatred of him prevents you addressing anything you see him (potentially) involved with in a clear manner.

I can only imagine the anger you'll have in you over Uncle Rupert's supposed influence, in the aftermath of this Saturdays election.

You presume I hate just because that is your habit Hamster.

Murdoch is like the sun, they just do what they do.

Murdoch seeks to turn people into non-thinking puppets that act, emote and think exactly as he chooses. Continue being his puppet for exactly as long as you please.

The Who said:
As a former journalist with both the Fairfax and Murdoch media (in the 1970s) the difference with journalism these days is that most of it is opinion. I was taught that the journo couldn't have an opinion. You could only report the facts, as you knew them, and you had to get all sides of the story.
The other difference is that there is a 24-hour news cycle so there is pressure to report rumours without doing due diligence. Another is the cult of celebrity, and the 4th (which will earn me the title of a mysognist) is that the bulk of media today are females. That's not to say that they aren't competent, but they have their agendas.

These days getting all sides of the story means quoting comments from Facebook or Twitter from all the parties concerned. I despair at the complete and utter decline in the standards of journalism these days. Be it fairfax or murdoch, they are both as lazy as each other. Be first and don't worry about accuracy is the modern catchcry of the media. Because of multimedia 24 hour news cycle these days, they just evolve the story as they go. The transient nature of the medium by which news is disseminated these days means that inaccuracies, assumptions, speculation and downright lies are just wiped from the record with a swipe of the mouse. Your accountability in the old days was the newsprint with your words there in black and white for all to see. Journalists these days have about as much credibility as used car salesman and real estate agents.

There is certainly a decline in journalistic standards C&C. Laziness being a factor in the decline. And to lump all journalists and all publications in exactly the same bucket is in itself lazy.

So apparently Sandor Earl has agreed to do a TV interview next week in which he will spill the beans and name names in order to get a reduction on his sentence, bit of a scumbag move that one

Also a couple of extra players from a club not mentioned previously have been interviewed as a result of Earls interview

It's an interesting one KE. That same unwritten code, 'don't dog on your teammates', also comes into play with other incidents, such as covering up violence against women. It is a very powerful code, and not limited to footy teams, of course.

In Earl's case it may mean the difference between a life ban and a shorter ban. Would the mates he is supposed to protect help him out financially for being the fall-guy?

Kiwi Eagle said:
So apparently Sandor Earl has agreed to do a TV interview next week in which he will spill the beans and name names in order to get a reduction on his sentence, bit of a scumbag move that one

Also a couple of extra players from a club not mentioned previously have been interviewed as a result of Earls interview

Earl played for Roosters, Penrith and Canberra. Two of those clubs have been mentioned previously.

Cronulla face up to $1m fine if found guilty of drug abuse

The maximum fine faced by Cronulla after the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigation will be $1 million - half the $2 million penalty the AFL recently imposed on Essendon.

While the NRL will not confirm that action will be taken against any club or official until ASADA hands down its full report into allegations of illegal substance abuse in the game, it is widely expected that the Sharks will be hit with charges similar to those levelled against the Bombers.

Essendon players and officials are yet to face sanctions from ASADA but the club was fined $2 million for bringing the code into disrepute and leading officials, headed by coach James Hird, were sanctioned for breaches of duty of care and player welfare issues.

Cronulla have been served with legal letters on behalf of two former players, Isaac Gordon and Josh Cordoba, over the supplements program at the club in early 2011, in which members of the top squad were allegedly given peptides CJC-1295 and GHRP-6.

Gordon has detailed to Fairfax Media how he suffered bruising from his groin to his toe and was advised by former Sharks doctor David Givney that his blood was so thin a blow to the head could be fatal. However, Cronulla will not be hit with financial penalties as heavy as those meted out to the Bombers as the maximum fines that the NRL can impose is $1 million on a club and $50,000 against an individual.

The penalties are outlined in Section 9 of the National Rugby League Rules, which states: ''A breach of these Rules, or any Schedules or Guidelines to these Rules, by any Club or by any person bound by these Rules renders that Club or person liable, for each such breach, to any one or more of the following penalties:

(1) The imposition of a fine not exceeding $1 million in the case of a Club; (2) the imposition of a wholly or partially suspended fine not exceeding $1 million in the case of a Club on such conditions and for such period of operation as the Chief Executive Officer, in his absolute discretion, considers appropriate; (3) the imposition of a fine not exceeding $50,000 in the case of a person; and (4) the imposition of a wholly or partially suspended fine not exceeding $50,000 in the case of a person, on such conditions and for such period of operation as the Chief Executive Officer, in his absolute discretion, considers appropriate.

There are a range of other penalties the NRL can impose, including the deduction of competition points ''either for the season in which the breach was found to have occurred or for a subsequent season or seasons''. That can include competition points the club is yet to earn, as happened when Melbourne were forced to play the 2010 season for no competition points after being found guilty of salary cap breaches. Clubs can also be excluded from playing in the NRL, specified rounds of the competition or the finals series.

The NRL also has the power to impose a requirement upon clubs or individuals that ''restitution and/or compensation be paid to any persons or entities affected by the breach''.

Besides Gordon and Cordoba, whose lawyer James Chrara is trying to determine whether he has suffered mental anguish as a result of the supplements program at the Sharks, the club could also face legal action from players banned for taking performance-enhancing drugs after being advised the substances were legal.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-face-up-to-1m-fine-if-found-guilty-of-drug-abuse-20131017-2vpqk.html#ixzz2i2RNMu00

Not really Manlyfan. It's been under the carpet all year, but soon it will finally come out. Not even Greenberg can hide this one.

You wonder about the NRL media some times.

Why should the Sharks cop anywhere near what Essendon got?

The Essendon club had a inhouse drug supplement program going on for over 12 months. The whole squad were treated repeatedly.

The Sharks had a possibly unauthorised treatment of SOME players over 7 weeks or something.

But the NRL media think the Sharks should cop the same as the AFL club?

Brissie Kid said:
You wonder about the NRL media some times.

Why should the Sharks cop anywhere near what Essendon got?

The Essendon club had a inhouse drug supplement program going on for over 12 months. The whole squad were treated repeatedly.

The Sharks had a possibly unauthorised treatment of SOME players over 7 weeks or something.

But the NRL media think the Sharks should cop the same as the AFL club?

Thats something that never cease to amaze me.

The Melbourne media ( and the AFL) will try to leave things alone if it shines a dim light on anything in "their" AFL but the Sydney media will put the boot in at any opportunity and make it front and back page news if a Rugby League player farts. It's like they want to bring the game down.

Are there not a number of afl clubs who have done similar to what the sharks have done and the afl have announced no action will be taken against them. If that is the case the afl should be comfortable with nothing being brought against the shark. If the afl think the sharks should be harshly dealt with the they should re-assess their treatment of the afl clubs also

StuBoot said:
Thats something that never cease to amaze me.

The Melbourne media ( and the AFL) will try to leave things alone if it shines a dim light on anything in "their" AFL but the Sydney media will put the boot in at any opportunity and make it front and back page news if a Rugby League player farts. It's like they want to bring the game down.

So true. The NRL media will gladly switch to another gravy train once rugby league has been bled to death. The media in other sports are mostly unashamed fans of their sport & will rather saying nothing than to paint it in a bad light. Mortimer nailed it a while back.

"I see this Steeden football that is deflated and dead, and I see these vultures picking at it - like News Ltd, Channel Nine and 2GB," Mortimer said. "What I'm saying is they have picked what they wanted for their own benefit and when there is no carcass left, they will fly away."
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/mortimer-pleads-for-new-leadership/2008/07/19/1216163227945.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

This has just gone up on ABC News website. It involves Manly 2008. Need to be Sherlock Holmes to decipher its implications re ASADA and Manly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-13/former-asada-official-privately-obtaining-supplements/5156466

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10