Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
ASADA is a joke and a disgrace. What a pile of poop. They obviously have nothing on these guys. 2 or 3 weeks offer. Wankers!

Trouble with challenging it, is the length and cost of a legal case :s
Don't get how its back dated either as most of the 17 were active in their sport :huh:

The whole ASADA process is flawed, costly to Taxpayers and athletes but a gold mine for Lawyers :mad:
It will be interesting in a few years to get the cost of this investigation published under Freedom Of Information :sleepy:

Buzz is yet to provide coverage on how the Sharks risked the health of their Players and ultimately destroyed their career and reputation :cool:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yes, they obviously have nothing so none of the players will be accepting the bans.

One thing I am certain of is that if they had a strong case they wouldn't be reducing the ban from 2 years to 3 weeks, which is all the game time most will miss.

What an utter farce.

Will be interesting to see if any of them accept the offer. Must be tempting for some of the lower profile players. I can't see Gallen pleading guilty to being a drug cheat though.

Deadline has passed without anyone taking up the offer. Apparently they have requested an extension to consider the offer. Not unreasonable given that ASADA have sat on this for 18 months and then finally make a decision and only give the players 2 days to accept it.

Yes just read that. All NRL players have accepted the deal. The bans are effective immediately and they will miss the rest of the season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-players-accept-doping-bans-20140822-10728y.html

For mind the systemic doping of a couple of teams across different codes is a pretty bad day for australian sport

Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yes, they obviously have nothing so none of the players will be accepting the bans.

One thing I am certain of is that if they had a strong case they wouldn't be reducing the ban from 2 years to 3 weeks, which is all the game time most will miss.

What an utter farce.
Athletes are accountable for substances they ingest, but I suspect the punishments were structured this way because public sentiment as well as common sense suggests it was really the club at fault and the players were mainly guilty of trusting the officials. I have no problem with the back dated penalties but the officials, including coach, should get hammered.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

What an utter farce.
Athletes are accountable for substances they ingest, but I suspect the punishments were structured this way because public sentiment as well as common sense suggests it was really the club at fault and the players were mainly guilty of trusting the officials. I have no problem with the back dated penalties but the officials, including coach, should get hammered.

Well it looks like that is what will happen. They are going to use the "Admissions" to go after the Coach & support staff for full bans.

This has been one of the darkest 18 months in Australian sport. An absolute cock up from go to woo. None of us know the full story (especially ASADA). It appears that they took substances that were not illegal but not on the legal list. ASADA just won the lottery. Everyone involved should hang their heads in shame, the pollies, ASADA and ex ASADA mouth pieces, admin, coaches and players.

The man at the centre of all this, Dank, has managed to avoid any sanctions at all. I guess because he isn't a player or official then there is nought ASADA can do to him ??

I wonder if there will be any civil action brought by the players against him now that they have admitted guilt. Their line all along has been that they acted on his assurances and that those assurances were very specific in respect to the legality of the substances. To me it seems Dank is one step ahead of ASADA and WADA.

What happened to all the Manly players we were told were involved by the media?

The live chat with buzz was an excellent exercise in seeing what delusions to to an old piss pot.

ManlyBacker said:
THE important question is who will win the spoon on Sunday? Sticky's Faders or the Gummies?

If the Faders can't win this one they may never win another !!

They will be playing the Sutherland reserve grade side!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10