Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its is a close competition this year and sides are already showing the difficulty lifting week to week. Canberra struggled this week after a very good performance the week before and the Storm were quite flat against us after a tough game against the Roosters. Its more than just physical fatigue. Our side needs to develop the mental toughness and fortitude that is required to put in an effort like the one they put in against the storm week in and week out. The clubs that can come closest to achieving that will finish in the top 4. We have the potential and are a chance but we have a lot of work to do. The differences between out best performances and our worst are far too great. Our defence out wide is fragile and needs further rectification. The Storm's try on the weekend was far too easy.

I don't think there we will be any complacency from our squad. Everyone knows there is a lot of pressure on the tigers to stem their losing streak. They need to win for their fans who have lost faith. So I expect a tough match.

Its is a close competition this year and sides are already showing the difficulty lifting week to week. Canberra struggled this week after a very good performance the week before and the Storm were quite flat against us after a tough game against the Roosters. Its more than just physical fatigue. Our side needs to develop the mental toughness and fortitude that is required to put in an effort like the one they put in against the storm week in and week out. The clubs that can come closest to achieving that will finish in the top 4. We have the potential and are a chance but we have a lot of work to do. The differences between out best performances and our worst are far too great. Our defence out wide is fragile and needs further rectification. The Storm's try on the weekend was far too easy.
Yep, that Storm try was ridiculously easy, that caught us napping, and came after a 7tackle set off Johns hard grubber that sailed over the dead ball line. Just can't clock off like that. Having a 9 day turnaround has come at the right time and expecting us to put on a bit of a clinic on Sunday arvo.

Massive danger game for us. I feel uncomfortable reading comments from some already claiming victory. These are the games we historically have performed our worst, and Tigers are due for a win. For anyone who has been watching them, with the exception of lapses in concentration, they could have knocked off a couple of teams by now. Apart from broncos game, they've been in all games, losing 1-12. They play panthers next week, and I reckon they will fancy themselves this week against a Manly side that seems to display a shockingly large variation in quality of performance. If we are not switched on, we will be embarrassed

Massive danger game for us. I feel uncomfortable reading comments from some already claiming victory. These are the games we historically have performed our worst, and Tigers are due for a win. For anyone who has been watching them, with the exception of lapses in concentration, they could have knocked off a couple of teams by now. Apart from broncos game, they've been in all games, losing 1-12. They play panthers next week, and I reckon they will fancy themselves this week against a Manly side that seems to display a shockingly large variation in quality of performance. If we are not switched on, we will be embarrassed
I understand what you're sayin, but our last 13+ win was in rd1 Bulldogs game. With all of our attacking pieces now in play on Sunday, we'll be looking to put on an attacking masterclass. I really can't see any other result.

The reason the Storms try was easy was because Parker came off his line to either attempt an intercept or assist in a tackle. He seems to be doing this more often these days. Coaches should insist on the backs staying on their man and relying on the cover coming across rather than running in. . While I'm on this, Tommy and Harper didn't pass to Saab when a try was in the offing. disappointing.

it would be a massive mistake to under estimate the Tigers.

Only once this year they have not been in the game, vs Broncos. They could easily be on 6 or 8 points and are no easy beats, they building to a few wins
Yes this game is the test of us more than anything else
We MUST back up our performance or we may get beat by the bottom dwellers that would be a worry , I'm hoping for a good win , but true it wont be easy they will win a game over someone they shouldn't , we are a prime target

Our defence out wide is fragile and needs further rectification. The Storm's try on the weekend was far too easy.
Yet it never occurred to them to try it again for the rest of the game?

Yes they are incredibly dumb, but also I think our outside defence isn’t quite as bad as it’s often made out.

Didn’t realise the Tig’s were looking at their 12th loss in a row this weekend, mentioned previously we were 4/5 at Campbelltown, but didn’t realise the Tig’s have lost their last 5 there.

I’m still very bullish and believe Seibs makes sure our side understands the importance of not letting this game slip, everyone knows the Tig’s are desperate and therefore will come ready to play, too bad we have our own reasons to win and they are more important.

Looks like we‘ll also get the chance see how Talau goes.

He's so humble.

Reminds me* of the time, many life times ago when I was sent to interview Wallaby Willie Ofahengaue for a feature! A feature no less!! A whole 1000 words. Woohoo!

Such a lovely, lovely monosyllabic man. Really, really sweet.

Hardest 1000 words of my life.

* I am not suggesting Haumole is monosyllabic - he's the Oxford dictionary compared to Willie O!

Can't help myself ... loved his response to the question about the Anzac jersey, "I love the colours".

And I love you Haumole!!

He's so humble.

Reminds me* of the time, many life times ago when I was sent to interview Wallaby Willie Ofahengaue for a feature! A feature no less!! A whole 1000 words. Woohoo!

Such a lovely, lovely monosyllabic man. Really, really sweet.

Hardest 1000 words of my life.

* I am not suggesting Haumole is monosyllabic - he's the Oxford dictionary compared to Willie O!

Can't help myself ... loved his response to the question about the Anzac jersey, "I love the colours".

And I love you Haumole!!
Wasn't sure what to expect after reading your post but I just heard his interview and I like the way he answered questions, he thought before answering and spoke well!
As a back rower he's dynamite, so speaking is just an added bonus! :)

Woods is turning out to be a good gain for this squad. Squad balance and mentality is crucial and I expect that Woods is respected and will be listened to by the younger blokes particularly having played with both Aloio and Paseka when they first started playing first grade. I thought he was busy on Friday night and put in a solid workmanlike performance. His confidence is high and he acknowledges he is not guaranteed a spot in the 17. We needed an experienced leader in the pack and we just might have our man.

Woods is turning out to be a good gain for this squad. Squad balance and mentality is crucial and I expect that Woods is respected and will be listened to by the younger blokes particularly having played with both Aloio and Paseka when they first started playing first grade. I thought he was busy on Friday night and put in a solid workmanlike performance. His confidence is high and he acknowledges he is not guaranteed a spot in the 17. We needed an experienced leader in the pack and we just might have our man.
I also get the feeling he would be fantastic to stick around at the club in some mentoring/assistant capacity when he decides to hang the boots up. Great bloke, a wealth of quality experience, and passionate about Manly in particular

I understand what you're sayin, but our last 13+ win was in rd1 Bulldogs game. With all of our attacking pieces now in play on Sunday, we'll be looking to put on an attacking masterclass. I really can't see any other result.
On paper you are correct, but turning up mentally after a good performance and winning away from home so far we are yet to really prove ourselves

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading your post but I just heard his interview and I like the way he answered questions, he thought before answering and spoke well!
As a back rower he's dynamite, so speaking is just an added bonus! :)
I think humble really describes him. Such a lovely change from boofhead - not that we have any of those!

Well considering the rumours that we were at one time looking at Nathan Brown to bring some experience - I think Woods brings a whole lot more to the club. It's short term on little or no money and will only get extended if he delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8