Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Winning premierships is all about building up momentum and form at the right time coming up to finals time and Moses the Monster Suli has shown last night what a nightmare he is to the opposition .

On last nights Scary Monster Show I can see Suli Securing a centre spot and being a dominant force towards our finals run
Agree, Suli has looked good with the opportunities that he has had lately, looking forward to the matchup against the Raiders.

I've always held high hopes for Suli. May have joked about Maccas and KFC a little bit, but that was masking my dissappointment in his drop of form and inconsistent displays. If Parker lends him his heart, there is no doubt that Suli can be devastating. I hope he takes his opportunity and doesn't look back.

I believe with game time and confidence The Monsters timing in defence will improve and when Suli hits he also hurts which is some thing that I like about his power play

We need to pay tribute to Parker for adding stability to our team during the season but the superior ability of the Monster can not be denied as Moses makes us a superior team
He has his opportunity Bozo, let’s see if he takes it. We are a squad of players not a team no individual is bigger than the collective. I’m sure Parks subscribes to this too. If Moses is what’s best for our team then I’m good with him earning and keeping his spot. I personally think Brad will return when well enough, however if the Monsters form demands he stays then he stays.

There is a lot of people here with very short memories.

Suli is clueless in defence, makes the defenders inside and outside him worse.

Yes, he can run hard, but can he do it for 80 minutes, week in week out.

Suli fails to do the 1 percenters and stay desperate like Harper always does in D.

The only person who passes less is Sirro. Much like anyone outside Waqa Blake, they will catch a cold with no ball.

I hope Des does pick him for a couple weeks so he can be gone by the time the semis start.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I haven't been since he has been at Manly.

There is a lot of people here with very short memories.

Suli is clueless in defence, makes the defenders inside and outside him worse.

Yes, he can run hard, but can he do it for 80 minutes, week in week out.

Suli fails to do the 1 percenters and stay desperate like Harper always does in D.

The only person who passes less is Sirro. Much like anyone outside Waqa Blake, they will catch a cold with no ball.

I hope Des does pick him for a couple weeks so he can be gone by the time the semis start.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I haven't been since he has been at Manly.
I pretty much agree with everything you have said here, and also think Lawton could be a safer option than Moses. I have banged on about Suli's multiple deficiencies as a centre, under the new rules, particularly his poor decision making in defence. However, there is one small part of me that really wants Suli to prove me wrong as well. Arguably Suli deserves the spot with Parker out. I hope Des plays him there until season end. That will give Parker some recovery time leading into the finals, and Suli some match fitness as well. I really hope he kills it against the Raiders. Go Manly.

Last edited:
, there is no doubt that Suli can be devastating. I hope he takes his opportunity and doesn't look back.
Opportunity is knocking feathered friend

and the Massive Monster will break the Manly dressing room door open

and run on the field and devour the opposition

The Monster has always had the talent and now he has the desire

and will light the Manly back line on fire now that Tommy is gone .

I was watching the Manly Parra match late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
Moses Suli came on the field and began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise
He did the monster mash
(The monster mash) It was a graveyard smash
(He did the mash) It caught on in a flash
(He did the mash) He did the monster mash
1629034140030.png

Last edited:
Excited to see him go against the raiders. Another chance for big Suli to prove himself. I know what to expect in attack but have to keep a keen eye on his defence. That's where he has to truly show us how much he wants that starting centre position.

The Monster (I like that Bozo) looks to be very popular among the group. Obviously close with a lot of the islander boys but seems to be well liked by all. The group seems very close knit. Definitely building to something special

Defence wins championships. Natural ability means nothing without football smarts, dedication to training, learning your craft and commitment to the little factors that influence a game. We have enough strike power elsewhere, we need the best defender in the centres we can get and thats Parker. For mine Suli is not consistent enough.

Moses is probably our next best option in the centres but he has mastered the art of the bad defensive read and - without Tom and Brad - Reuben will starve. If Suli doesn't manage to barge his way through the defence there will be precious few tries scored down the left flank.

There's a reason Parker has been picked over Suli all year. However, he has an opportunity to force Dessie's hand with a couple of big performances. It may in fact only be the one opportunity with Parker missing just the one match. So he will have to be a standout.

He did the monster mash
View attachment 19016
Hey Bozo, love your enthusiasm but Suli did nothing that special except be in support where he should have been and got 2 tries that were created by others. Other than that he did nothing else. Given that, he'll play this week. Yes he has an opportunity, if he takes it! It's up to him. I think that I, like a lot of people on this site, are not hopeful, but we would love to be proved wrong!

Last edited:
He did the monster mash
View attachment 19016
Good stuff Bozo.

I've always held high hopes for Suli. May have joked about Maccas and KFC a little bit, but that was masking my dissappointment in his drop of form and inconsistent displays. If Parker lends him his heart, there is no doubt that Suli can be devastating. I hope he takes his opportunity and doesn't look back.
I was excited when we originally signed Suli but unfortunately his less than 100% application particularly in defence has soured my initial enthusiasm, I would be delighted if he were to prove my scepticism wrong but he just seems to have moments where he switches off, particularly in defence, whereas Parker is very tenacious in defence, very worrying

Defence wins championships. Natural ability means nothing without football smarts, dedication to training, learning your craft and commitment to the little factors that influence a game. We have enough strike power elsewhere, we need the best defender in the centres we can get and thats Parker. For mine Suli is not consistent enough.
This.
Harper and Parker are doing their jobs defensively - how many times did Harper drop Sivo the other night.
They are also doing their jobs in attack by giving good ball to our wingers or running good lines to help with the inside guys go over the top to our wingers.
We have Schu and Guac to run crash lines and a bit of ball play.

Parker and Harper know their roles and do them, sure there's the odd mistake with the ball but rarely in defence.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8