Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
He might have been on the turps with Julian O'Neill, didn't he try and set a guy in a dolphin suit on fire once ?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Happened to me once and YES your fart does explode (as I found out when I was about 15)

Seriously though? You experimented with lighting your own gases? Eeergh. Here I was thinking that would be a Parra fans daytime hobby. Hehehehe...

DSM5 link said:
I think Carney would be good for us. 

You keep saying that. And even after another incident like this? He hasn't got to the trials on his NRL return and he has done it again. Carney is an idiot who refuses to take responsibility and fits in with the Rooster's culture perfectly. Leave him there.

I guess Carney wouldn't piss on his mate if he was on fire? Oh yeah, that is one of his normal party tricks and I guess his aim must have been off... ;)

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=182233.msg248464#msg248464 date=1262601330]
Happened to me once and YES your fart does explode (as I found out when I was about 15)

Seriously though? You experimented with lighting your own gases? Eeergh. Here I was thinking that would be a Parra fans daytime hobby. Hehehehe...

[/quote]

My brother, who is in his 50's now was telling me a bloke he went to school with did this party trick at their year 12 formal. He ended up burning a hole through the arse of his hired suit, not sure how he explained it to his mother.

I wonder if they were also doing the dance of the flaming arseholes as well.

Didnt think this needed a new thread.. Surprise surprise, media blowing things out of proportion..

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/carneys-mate-hoses-down-burning-issue-20100106-lucy.html

Todd Carney's mate, who was treated in hospital for burns on New Year's Day after what the troubled Sydney Roosters star claims was a practical joke gone wrong, has leapt to the defence of the 23-year-old playmaker. Brad Smith, who was celebrating the end of last year with Carney and other friends at Airlie Beach when he was set alight and received burns to his buttocks, yesterday issued a statement to Channel Nine to put an end to the issue that has sparked questions about whether the former representative star has reformed himself after being sacked by the Raiders in 2008. ''I just want to set the record straight about the media reporting going on,'' Smith said. ''I was away at Airlie Beach with a few mates including Todd. We were all performing pranks and mucking about and in the process I received a burn to my backside. While a bit painful it was nowhere near as severe as has been reported and I hold no grudge against Todd or any of my other mates. This has been blown way out of proportion.'' Roosters officials are due to provide the NRL with a report on their investigations into the incident but Carney is unlikely to face any action from the club

It beckons the question. If bodily gases can spontaneously combust like so, what level of alcohol must be in the system.

I bet he was really pulling the ladies that night !

Utility Player link said:
More likely that they were in a circle pulling each others fingers

They were pulling something that looked like a finger - only smaller.

I know it was just a prank but here we go again with clubs pandering to Carney. When the Chooks don't have a sponsor left and their fans are too embarrassed to admit to being one will that be enough? He gets paid 10 times what his mates get and there is a reason for that - his good behaviour is part of the deal and of RL running a high profile business.

"Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith has defended controversial recruit Todd Carney over his involvement in an alleged incident which saw a man admitted to hospital with burns to his buttocks, labelling the media coverage of the story 'ridiculous'.

Smith confirmed recent reports suggesting the injured man is a friend of Carney's and that the injuries were the result of New Year's Eve skylarking.

And while he concedes the actions of all involved were 'pretty stupid', the veteran coach claimed the incident had been blown out of all proportion.

"We've actually got ourselves into a ridiculous position as a sport now where blokes are doing things ... that very many young men would have done at some stages in their lives, and we understand they're people who are in the limelight and whatever but it's got to the point of it being ridiculous," Smith told Sky Sports Radio on Friday."

um question: Where is the blow it out of all proportion reporting by the alleged "journalists" at the DT?

Shouldn't they be running headlines like...
Carney, convicted firebug, has been caught playing w/ mates ass...

oh wait that makes him sound like a crazy drunken idiot..
oh wait he is.

<p />ROOSTERS five-eighth Braith Anasta yesterday threw his support behind recovering bad-boy Todd Carney, saying his new teammate should be considered for a Blues' State of Origin jersey this season.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4504-anasta-backs-carney-for-blues.html">Read the full article</a>

Am I the only one who thinks Anasta must have played second-row his whole career? Carney in front of Hayne or Snake? - I don't think so  ;D
A bit of Saturday morning levity for ya.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8