Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Shares in Northies quadrupled when this was announced yesterday. Poor told not only a pisshead he's now shirescum and we all hate shirescum

The Sharks should see if Parammatta would release Justin Poore to them. He didn't suit the squeels, and was great at The Dragqueens.

Be good to see the Sherkies do well I reckon. Better them, than Parra, Dogs or Roosters.

Any way you look at it, they are all fodder for The Eagles.

He is a great signing for the sharks

Their pack is good, halves could be reasonable now, find a couple of decent backs and they have the makings of a good side

I hear that once again Gallop is going to talk to Carney. Nice to see that he's happy to talk to some and not to others.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Their pack is good, halves could be reasonable now, find a couple of decent backs and they have the makings of a good side

I can't agree. It smacks of desperation from The Sharks, hoping that he'll have a good season, but you saw what problems he caused Easts, and how well they performed without him.
If The Sharks paid any more than $150,000 they are doubly stupid. Carney had no other options, so why pay him big money?
I also disagree that Sharks have a good pack; they did have, but have lost Douglas and Snowden for next season.
It seems to me that the Sharks have way too many halves now.

They were going to plod around with Robson and maybe Townsend in the halves, Carney will make that more potent. The $$$ are reasonable spent IMO, as he will bring people through the gates regardless, and if he does fire, a bit of extra success should help their situation off the park

They have lost Snowden and Douglas, but have replaced them with Fifita, Taufua, Gibbs and Green, not world beaters but good quality 1st graders. They will go ok

Good luck to the ball burner...if they can add greg bird to that side they would be a force with a few more backs...
I got nothing against Todd carney he was a young kid that hit the big time... What it does show me is that we need to lock up our halves forever.

DCE and FOZ are both role models compared to Todd but i wish him all the best at the sharks.

The worst place to be would have to be in Coogee if your trying to keep a low profile!

I think we are looking at it from a Seaeagles supporters eyes where we are spoilt with the best 2 young halves in the game.
If we were languishing near the wooden spoon with below average halves I would be rapt to get Carney, look back to our darker days when we signed Andrew Walker who had some attacking flair combined with paper thin defence & was hot/cold at best. At that time I was excited due to our unfortunate playing roster & nothing to lose, similar to the Sharks at this time.
I think they could be an improver & agree with Kiwi that the Sharks pack including Gallen, Smith ,Fifita & De Gois who I think is a good dummy half are solid. Carney....to be honest has had more than enough chances, but still see him improve from 2011 & Sharks a top 8 contendor.
Btw - signed over a month ago.

KOMORI said:
Reportedly $350k per season.

Errr....WTF???

The inside word is that the deal has been structured as $50K per season plus $300k worth of schooners at Sharks Leagues to get around the salary cap. I hope Schubert investigates.

MadMarcus said:
KOMORI said:
Reportedly $350k per season.

Errr....WTF???

The inside word is that the deal has been structured as $50K per season plus $300k worth of schooners at Sharks Leagues to get around the salary cap. I hope Schubert investigates.

You reckon there'll be enough left by Mad Monday or will he go dry for the final boozer of the season?

The sad thing is they had a press conference for a player whick no club wanted - and they dont know why they cant win a comp.

All they should have done was release a statement stating they signed him and leave it at that. Now he knows he is special at the club and he can hold them to ransome.

MadMarcus said:

I heard he baulked at only $300k of beer & held out for extra bourbon chasers. Phew....he almost got ripped off.

Todd recently came back to Goulburn for a 21st of one of the Raiders players.

People here were waiting for the worst to happen expecting headlines on the front page in the local paper saying that Carney got pissed and did this and that etc...well guess what, nothing happened...yes I know its only once, but its a start.

I am not trying to defend Carney, he has had a lot of chances and this is probably his last. I hope he gets control of his alcohol issues, otherwise his career is one of doomed culmination.

I grew up with Todd's father, Darell. Todd lost his father at probably the most important time in a young blokes life, when you need your Dad around to boot you the arse when you have done something stupid and most of all ,for guidance.

There is a saying that you have to be young and stupid before you are old and wise , I just hope that Carney starts to have the latter apply to him and let his football be the reason he makes headlines.

All that been said, I would like nothing more that to see TRex drive him into next week when he tackles Carney when we play the Sharks in 2012.

Kiwi Eagle said:
"Great"...but risky. Imo has been given one too many chances. Will he last the 2 years? Hope so for the Sharks sakes but we shall see :dodgy:

the only reason gallop wants to talk to carney is because gallop beleives he is GOD. He tells him the way he is, take it or leave it.

I for one glad carney is playing around in the NRL. I still beleive he did nothing wrong this year except go out to the cross with a few rooster mates and caught a cab home at 2am. Not sure what was wrong with that. Better than running away from the police, getting into fights at a pub which happened at canberra and caught drink driving 1st yr at the roosters. The worse part is that roosters sacked him over non issue when an issue like drink driving arose and they never did anything about it.

Who cares if he said he was off the drink. All because a cabi wanted to make a name for himself.

Mate, it's all about club discipline and the way clubs want to be seen these days by the general paying public. I guess the sponsors demand the clubs, which they pour millions into, control their players. Drunkeness is never a good look. It used to be something to be proud of, but not now. It's just stupid behaviour which shouldn't be tolerated..Good on the Rorters for dumping this fool.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8