Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hastings is not small, he's 185 cm and 95 kg, bigger than most fullbacks in the nrl.
he's a midget didn't you see him getting rag dolled? lol its like Bevan french he was crap at fb too small can't break the line gets taken back 5 meters etc I think hastings will be the same but I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'm glad Tommy isn't out for season.. Do we have 2 byes in that time period? if so not as bad as could of been.

Ooooh - a meGa Thread !! Time for a YART:

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Lewis Brown
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jackson Hastings
15. Nate Myles
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Darcy Lussick

+ Bench is balanced.
+ No Reserve Grader affected / Required

X The tough call is when Lloyd Perrett is available again.

We were scoring tries but were not converting them and with Hastings at fullback we have the opportunity to overcome this issue . With Hastings in the staring line up we will be stronger up front with an extra forward on the bench ie; Brown Myles AFB Lussick or Perrett .
The Titans have their own injuries and who knows what injuries the other teams will have when we line up against them .
This is an opportunity for the players and coach to prove that they are not a one man team.

Ooooh - a meGa Thread !! Time for a YART:

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Lewis Brown
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jackson Hastings
15. Nate Myles
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Darcy Lussick

+ Bench is balanced.
+ No Reserve Grader affected / Required

X The tough call is when Lloyd Perrett is available again.

Sorry Ryan, I see it a little different. I respect your logic.

I personally cant justify the logic of moving Walker out of position (of which he excels in), to then move BK over the other side of the field when he has played all season at no.4 and then bring brown in at centre.

At the very least if you were to move Walker, then brown/wright/hastings at No.3.

My Yart:

Logic:
1. We know Hastings was training at FB throughout the off season, plus he is a 80%+ goal kicker. Also really good development opportunity.
2. Brown is a decent utility.
3. No need to move people out of position when we have sufficient cover.

01. Jasckson Hastings
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. Brian Kelly
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Darcy Lussick

Sorry Ryan, I see it a little different. I respect your logic.

I personally cant justify the logic of moving Walker out of position (of which he excels in), to then move BK over the other side of the field when he has played all season at no.4 and then bring brown in at centre.

At the very least if you were to move Walker, then brown/wright/hastings at No.3.

My Yart:

Logic:
1. We know Hastings was training at FB throughout the off season, plus he is a 80%+ goal kicker. Also really good development opportunity.
2. Brown is a decent utility.
3. No need to move people out of position when we have sufficient cover.

01. Jasckson Hastings
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. Brian Kelly
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Darcy Lussick

I would certainly go with this team.

Whilst we lose the impact, speed and ability to break tackles and line breaks that Tom has, Jackson is more than capable at fullback and adds a greater level of ball playing ability, so may gel quite well with DCE and Green.

I thought Walker had a run at 1 for the bunnies a while back and failed?

Got to remember that everyone who plays Fullback for South's in the past 2000 era has failed, or been seriously injured?
Having said that don't you have to have serious issues playing for South's in the first place - you got to play 30+ years to win a premiership?

Is there any news about Toms injury in this thread? I don't have time right now to scroll through bulk pages...

I thought Walker had a run at 1 for the bunnies a while back and failed?
He did not fail but he is a more complete player at 3
His plays his best at 3 . Also, Kelly and Dylan are forming a good centre combination .
IMO Brown or anyone else with Kelly will be like strangers in the night
frank_sinatra-strangers_in_the_night_s_19.jpg

Just thought I would leave this tweet from the official Broncos page here. What a lovely touch especially given the outcome of the tackle.

IMG_5051.jpg

To be fair the article itself is not that bad

Mead led a super chase when he hunted down after the unlucky Manly fullback, who was unfortunately injured in the collision.

In good news for the Sea Eagles and their talented back today, Trbojevic's injury diagnosis was not as serious as was first feared.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/05/15/mead_tackle_legal_wi.html

Certainly right mate. I just think the tweet itself was average form in the way it was worded.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Mid air tackle but play on of course

Terrible second half full of mistakes and no structure

Use of bench was stupid as well

Bad coaching
all of the above strone but I reckon the players were responsible for the second half,they just had to come back out and play for the next 40,thought they had it won,TB will be pulling his hair out

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10