Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Let's face it, Tom's only half the player he was from last season, just hasn't got that brut physicality he once had. But in saying that, he's still our best attacking player by far.

Never thought I’d talk down Tommy but here we are. I wouldn’t believe Des/DCE saying he is 100% as neither of them know what they’re talking about but he clearly doesn’t look right to play. We’ll get 2 more games out of him against far superior teams and then it’s origin time where we might see him once or twice.

Hunting for a Turbo thread to add this comment, it seems we don't even have a Turbo mega-thread.
A bit odd, given ST's love of mega-threads, given that Tom is Manly's best player by a long way, and has been playing for us since 2015 (yes that's right, 2015!!)

Possibly because his career has been a bit disjointed due to injuries, so he's not yet strung together a couple of dominant high class seasons. He's dominated for NSW but for Manly he comes and goes.

2019 he played 12 games, 2020 he played 7, last year 18.

He's played a few this year but has not really shone in any of them. I get that on his huge salary we need to get him on the field whenever possible but as a fan it's a bit sad to see him hobbling about with his head down.

How to get the best out of him? Last year should be conclusive proof, get him 100% fit and he's unstoppable. If he's not at 100% (and yes I know they are all denying he's injured, in that case remove the sticky tape I say!) are we better off with someone fit (Garrick) until he's ready?

Hunting for a Turbo thread to add this comment, it seems we don't even have a Turbo mega-thread.
A bit odd, given ST's love of mega-threads, given that Tom is Manly's best player by a long way, and has been playing for us since 2015 (yes that's right, 2015!!)

Possibly because his career has been a bit disjointed due to injuries, so he's not yet strung together a couple of dominant high class seasons. He's dominated for NSW but for Manly he comes and goes.

2019 he played 12 games, 2020 he played 7, last year 18.

He's played a few this year but has not really shone in any of them. I get that on his huge salary we need to get him on the field whenever possible but as a fan it's a bit sad to see him hobbling about with his head down.

How to get the best out of him? Last year should be conclusive proof, get him 100% fit and he's unstoppable. If he's not at 100% (and yes I know they are all denying he's injured, in that case remove the sticky tape I say!) are we better off with someone fit (Garrick) until he's ready?
after last night this comment may sound hollow

the team is quite weak mentally and isnt going to improve in that area any time soon .
while much has been made in the media and on ST about not winning without tom, despite results against the bottom 4 i firmly believe that the team knows it

he is an emotional crutch to the team even on crutches

for that reason i think we trot him out underdone

i dont agree with it, but thats my reasoning. our team lacks substance when it matters and last season showed he is the man to take that role seriously, however that weight of expectation is starting to show. i thought he took sole responsibility for the team last seaso after the harry race and i think he felt like he owed the team so much

i think his mental health could be just as serious as his knees or hammys. just looks stressed all the time and like he forgot footy is a game first, business second

Would Manly consider sending Tom to the Dr.Feelgood in the US?
It’ll be interesting to see how South’s Lattrell Mitchell goes after being put up the hoist over there.

If he’s fit as they say then where’s our Tom gone because as sure as **** he’s gone from Turbo to a misfiring four cylinder 1.3 litre Hyundai!!

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed , nor am I a football expert but you’d have to be blind to see that he’s not anything like 100%

If he’s fit as they say then where’s our Tom gone because as sure as **** he’s gone from Turbo to a misfiring four cylinder 1.3 litre Hyundai!!

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed , nor am I a football expert but you’d have to be blind to see that he’s not anything like 100%
And I feel like he's not been right since the very first game. All very odd.

Still was able to get to that kick on the Broncs try line which may have changed the momentum of the game a bit but having him on the field like a broken down thoroughbred is really sad .Surely his main motivation should not just primarily be consideration for origin selection , if so pretty poor priorities and attitude As of course should be totally mindful that the club and his team mates depend so much on him being as close as possible to fully fit and playing to his optimum . Not doing any good at all having him again only partially fit and not seemingly be able to shake off his present injury issues .

Still was able to get to that kick on the Broncs try line which may have changed the momentum of the game a bit but having him on the field like a broken down thoroughbred is really sad .Surely his main motivation should not just primarily be consideration for origin selection , if so pretty poor priorities and attitude As of course should be totally mindful that the club and his team mates depend so much on him being as close as possible to fully fit and playing to his optimum . Not doing any good at all having him again only partially fit and not seemingly be able to shake off his present injury issues .
Surely he cannot be picked for Origin on current form ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10