Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, but I never did warm to the new guy.

Don't be dissing Brian Johnston. He'll shake you all night long on a Highway to Hell ;)

I think Hastings should be the first choice to replace Tom for however long he's out. He has played FB before and lord knows we need a top flight goal kicker.

UPDATE:

According to Barrett, Tom is currently in a moon boot and on crutches, though apparently he felt a bit better yesterday (Sunday) morning. He has a suspected medial ligament tear and syndesmosis in his ankle. If he has to have a pin inserted into his ankle to fix it, he's gone for the year. Everyone is hoping otherwise.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/tr...y/news-story/cec7a9aac7a2f22c5db0bad2b7933615

Despite options including Jackson Hastings and Matthew Wright, Dylan Walker has said that Trbojevic at fullback is irreplaceable.

"He's one of those players you can't replace," Walker said. "He's such a big part of our team in attack and defence. It will be really devastating if we lose him but we have to adapt to that. We'll just have to wait and see how the scans go."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-season-on-the-sidelines-20170514-gw4ixw.html

Last edited:
The Titans and the Knights have proven to all that you can win games without star players . When a team is disciplined and committed with belief in them selves then anything is possible
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it and games are won in players minds before they run out on the field
imagesADVZWKNR.jpg
imagesADVZWKNR.jpg
imagesADVZWKNR.jpg
imagesADVZWKNR.jpg

I think realistically today, the best outcome we can hope for is Tom cleared of any ACL damage and his ankle not requiring surgery.

I'd love to see a miracle and him only miss a month or so but I highly doubt that will be the case.

I don't remember being so anxious to hear the outcome of an injury to a player.. think that shows the level Tom has reached already (and also not wanting it to hinder what is such a bright future) but also the person he is and not wanting him to go through that ... well that's my thoughts anyway

Tom is not gone until the fat lady in the Xray department sings
But if he is gone one Trbojevic is better than none
1494570524462.jpg

Hastings is gonna be a superstar after a year or so under Cronk.

Mark my words.

Pretty sure I remember Hastings trained as fullback during the offseason so expect he will get picked there for the first game at least.

As someone eluded to earlier, he wont be a TT style but maybe he can be a Moylan style.

His talk will also be better, something TT has improved in but is still behind most fullbacks in the NRL.

Pretty sure I remember Hastings trained as fullback during the offseason so expect he will get picked there for the first game at least.

As someone eluded to earlier, he wont be a TT style but maybe he can be a Moylan style.

His talk will also be better, something TT has improved in but is still behind most fullbacks in the NRL.
What Hastings lacks in the 4 points strike department he will make up with his general kicking , organizing and 2 point conversions

• 🤝
Reactions: MRW
Not sure how I feel about Hastings as a Fb. Not sure his game suits it. And with our position just hanging in the 8 atm I hope we don't get Wright in there. Not a match winning player we need there. What's everyone's thoughts on walker at fb and jamil into the centres?

Not sure how I feel about Hastings as a Fb. Not sure his game suits it. And with our position just hanging in the 8 atm I hope we don't get Wright in there. Not a match winning player we need there. What's everyone's thoughts on walker at fb and jamil into the centres?

Toddy is against that option

More of a fan of this idea than others have spoken about. Hastings - we need his spark at points in the game. Don't believe he could add the same value playing full 80 mins. Wright really hasn't set the world on fire playing his current grade and it will show out more up a grade.
Don't really think that Manly is worried about being in or out the 8 at moment rather focussing about fixing / offering long term solutions to weaknesses in the team. The teams around us are playing worse so we have a few weeks to get it right.
Is it worth giving the NYC fullback a start and see how he goes? Might be an age thing - not sure.

I'm calling Matt Wright as Fullback. His name has always been on the extended list, and I think he will be favoured by Trent. He has scored a lot of tries in his career, played for Samoa, and is the right size and frame for the position.

Unfortunately, this probably means Hastings to Reggies, and Brown to cover, with Lussick coming back.

To be honest, it won't hurt Hastings to run a muck in the Reggies, and Wright may be the safest option for now. Brown is certain to be there, so can't really see anything but this happening.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8