Tony Mestrov, new CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems like Tony is becoming our modern day batman

Because he's the hero Manly deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero.

Have a feeling he’s there to do a job for the owners , and he’s doing it.

Wether you agree with it or not is up to you.

But one thing I think each and every one of us can agree with is doing the same **** every day and expecting things to change will never work.

It’s a broom going through the joint , and possibly not before time.

Have a feeling he’s there to do a job for the owners , and he’s doing it.

Wether you agree with it or not is up to you.

But one thing I think each and every one of us can agree with is doing the same **** every day and expecting things to change will never work.

It’s a broom going through the joint , and possibly not before time.
Mate this was long overdue. We needed a head kicker to come in and dispose of the dead wood. Yes this could all implode into a Titanic but as you said , doing the same was going nowhere. I'll reserve judgement on "Tony Montana's " methods but at the moment he's doing the "say hello to my little friend". Getting us offside with the media fu*kits will put us right back up on top of the most hated list again where we belong. The world is not enough Tony.

Seems like Tony is becoming our modern day batman

Because he's the hero Manly deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero.
That is sad, so he wears a cape and hangs around with Robin, surely you are the Joker and Bozo is the Penguin, who's Catwoman?

Based on Hadleys side of the story the Mestrov hit squad has every reason to be upset

Can you provide another version of the story ?
Is there another side to the story ?

@BOZO so let me see if I understand your position based on my reading of all the posts made (to-date):

1. The "Mestrov Hit Squad" according to you, have every reason to be upset based on what a radio broadcaster spoke about earlier today, the content of which was drawn from one perspective and that narrative was most likely populated by that particular broadcaster from [the] information he has "extracted" from an allegedly aggrieved ex-employee and as he continually states, a family-friend (because as we all know stating that makes all that is said afterwards completely true, a little like when someone decides to respond to something you might have said with those famous words...."With all due respect...")

2. In the absence of any response from other parties privy to this issue (and using point made in an earlier post by another forum member) who themselves are gainfully employed by a private company and are under no obligation whatsoever to address any person or media on matters pertaining to the affairs of that company, you have taken this "silence" to be, in some way, a void in so far as there is "no other side to the story"; is it possible that the grounds for termination are such that any further comment on the matter may prejudice the employer's position or grounds in which they proceeded to terminate the ex-employee?

3. Your comment comparing Tony's ability to act as a competent and diligent CEO is in some way inexorably linked to his short playing career and thus, his short playing career underlines his ability to "be good at this job" is both insulting to him and yourself and furthermore, the broadcaster and the journalists who have also taken this path show themselves to be nothing more than sensationalist hacks.

I do not seem to recall the broadcaster having an issue with or utilising Tony or his skills as CEO of Greyhounds Racing NSW when he (the broadcaster) was "fighting to save" the Greyhound Racing industry and he even launched a strong defence of Tony when the Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds post an online article in mid-June 2022 criticising Tony's tenure of GRNSW and the "state" that he was leaving the industry in.

4. The sense and age of entitlement for a select group of people in and around our Club is over as is the "free access" and white-anting by certain people who would use the media as their mouthpiece, setting their own agenda through the media and resting on their name or past glories. The days of the Club being a personal fiefdom for the select few are over and they are enraged that their power has disappeared and been replaced with sheer silence and "obstruction" as they call it.

We, the Manly-Warringah faithful, the supporters of this great club, are not used to having a CEO taking a very strong role in reforming our club and whilst he may make the wrong decision during his tenure or make decisions that are not palatable, he is a very well-measured, smart and shrewd Administrator.

I am no "fanboy" and as @Red Pill stated earlier, I too will wait until the middle of next year before heaping praise on the CEO's work however, he is off to a good start and I congratulate him for having the wherewithal to get things done.

Apologies for the length of my post and a good evening (or good morning) to all.

Last edited:
I just hope penn reinforces all these power moves with expenditure and investment in the club. Get more than enough support staff, not the bare minimum. Invest in your investment Scott. Only then will the juice be worth the squeeze.

Last edited:
@BOZO so let me see if I understand your position based on my reading of all the posts made (to-date):

1. The "Mestrov Hit Squad" according to you, have every reason to be upset based on what a radio broadcaster spoke about earlier today, the content of which was drawn from one perspective and that narrative was most likely populated by that particular broadcaster from [the] information he has "extracted" from an allegedly aggrieved ex-employee and as he continually states, a family-friend (because as we all know stating that makes all that is said afterwards completely true, a little like when someone decides to respond to something you might have said with those famous words...."With all due respect...")

2. In the absence of any response from other parties privy to this issue (and using a well-made point earlier in a post by another forum member) who themselves are gainfully employed by a private company and are under no obligation whatsoever to address any person or media on matters pertaining to the affairs of that company, you have taken this "silence" to be, in some way, a void in so far as there is "no other side to the story"; is it possible that the grounds for termination are such that any further comment on the matter may prejudice the employer's position or grounds in which they proceeded to terminate the ex-employee?

3. Your comment comparing Tony's ability to act as a competent and diligent CEO is in some way inexorably linked to his short playing career and thus, his short playing career underlines his ability to "be good at this job" is both insulting to him and yourself and furthermore, the broadcaster and the journalists who have also taken this path show themselves to be nothing more than sensationalist hacks.

I do not seem to recall the broadcaster having an issue with or utilising Tony or his skills as CEO of Greyhounds Racing NSW when he (the broadcaster) was "fighting to save" the Greyhound Racing industry and he even launched a strong defence of Tony when the Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds post an online article in mid-June 2022.

4. The sense and age of entitlement for a select group of people in and around our Club is over as is the "free access" and white-anting by certain people who would use the media as their mouthpiece, setting their own agenda through the media and resting on their name or past glories. The days of the Club being a personal fiefdom for the select few are over and they are enraged that their power has disappeared and been replaced with sheer silence and "obstruction" as they call it.

We, the Manly-Warringah faithful, the supporters of this great club, are not used to having a CEO taking a very strong role in reforming our club and whilst he may make the wrong decision during his tenure or make decisions that are not palatable, he is a very well-measured, smart and shrewd Administrator.

I am no "fanboy" and as @Red Pill stated earlier, I too will wait until the middle of next year before heaping praise on the CEO's work however, he is off to a good start and I congratulate him for having the wherewithal to get things done.

Apologies for the length of my post and a good evening (or good morning) to all.
Bloody
Well
Written

Tony lived opposite & about 5 houses up the street we lived in at Mona Vale.
I knew his younger sister.
Never met Tony.

But I do remember it was common knowledge in the area how successful he was playing for Manly as he bought Unit !

At such a young (?) age. A real success.

Family seemed well liked. I never met Tony.

Odd to now see him running the Sea Eagles.

I hope its a success for all involved.

I wonder if if Hadley, Weidler and their mates are more upset that their source of leaks look to be disappearing.
The place leaked like a sift, hopefully that is ending.

I don't know if Peter Peters is still involved wit Manly but hopefully he isn't, I don't think he could keep a secret to save his life. But far as I understand he is related to Penn.

2. In the absence of any response from other parties privy to this issue (and using point made in an earlier post by another forum member) who themselves are gainfully employed by a private company and are under no obligation whatsoever to address any person or media on matters pertaining to the affairs of that company, you have taken this "silence" to be, in some way, a void in so far as there is "no other side to the story"; is it possible that the grounds for termination are such that any further comment on the matter may prejudice the employer's position or grounds in which they proceeded to terminate the ex-employee?

I do not seem to recall the broadcaster having an issue with or utilising Tony or his skills as CEO of Greyhounds Racing NSW when he (the broadcaster) was "fighting to save" the Greyhound Racing industry and he even launched a strong defence of Tony when the Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds post an online article in mid-June 2022.

If I could give every single positive emoji to that I would. Sensational post @AndWeDon'tCare

Regarding Mestrov's Tenure i believe it depends on the reasons behind his Appointment.
If Penn hired him to run a Broom through the place and take the brunt of it, then Probably by seasons end or end of 2024.
If he was hired to turn the ship around and make us Successful again then i can actually see him being around for 5 years, he seems like a tough cookie and i would love to see him stay and be successful.

Hadley ripping in to Tony over the Kristie Fulton sacking, "Offered the world while head of the greyhounds, gave an Atlas", thought Hadley was full of praise for Tony while at the greyhounds, he had him on his show lots of times, obviously sticking up for the Fultons

Some one on here predicted that Hadley will come out firing over the sacking no matter the actual facts.

Seems they were spot on.

I do not seem to recall the broadcaster having an issue with or utilising Tony or his skills as CEO of Greyhounds Racing NSW when he (the broadcaster) was "fighting to save" the Greyhound Racing industry and he even launched a strong defence of Tony when the Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds post an online article in mid-June 2022 criticising Tony's tenure of GRNSW and the "state" that he was leaving the industry in.

Great post, but user bozo is unarmed and will not be able to respond to this, you may get some pictures of birds or some platitude about speed, perspective, god or whatever his cliche du-jour is

Here is your reply feathered friend

Absolutely the Mestov hit squad has every reason to be upset at those appalling allegations
And if any one heard those allegations against their own daughter they would be upset as well

If the Mestov party as you say choose not to disclose or deny their version of those appalling allegations
They leave them selves open to the consequences of speculation and criticism

I can only compare Tony Mestrov short footy career and as his short role as a CEO for an NRL club based on his performance on and off the field Including the appealing way he handled the sacking of Kristie as Mediocre

If Hadley is making false allegations as you say
why isnt Mestrov taking any defamation legal action ?

Are you referring that Kristie Fulton was part of
The sense and age of entitlement for a select group of people in and around our Club ?

Also who are those Manly people of age of self entitlement ?

Finally feathered friend
I also challenge you to ring Ray Hadley because he is the source of these allegations and go toe to toe with him on air and see how many rounds you last .
You seem very confident and cocky on here . So go straight to source and back your self and ring him. If you want to be Mestrovs hero you can ring Ray
Ray will take your call . He takes calls every day

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8