Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
After that presser, and seeing Zorba and co. guys, have to say, I'm starting to understand where you guys were coming from...

If this was about Glenn Stewart resigning, then FMD, i dont know WHAT to think?

Maybe I was wrong?

Starting to really dislike Zorba here.

You and I think mostly alike mate BUT you've never joined the anti Peters bandwagon.

If you didn't see today what everyone else saw then you need new glasses.

All that has happened is retribution for the Gifty departure.

Lord knows how clubs never been " happy" but the **** hit the fan in August 2014, and it's been flushing down the system ever since.

I'm happy to move on, but rest assured I'll NEVER EVER forget what's gone down in recent times.

Some very good people have lost their jobs in this purge, and sadly there's more in the footy department ( Donny Singe I believe is one), and you can bet you know who is up to his balls in every decision.

I'll move forward alright , and I'll still cheer, but I'll never forgive or forget !!

Mark,
It is soooo hard for me to even think of our great team being coached by a nonbeliever outsider who is just in it for the money.
Every time we win, I'll say to Barrett - "you were fookin looky" (Yorkshireman accent implied)

Yeah - sorry, I must have misinterpreted your comment about me being a legend in my own lunchtime, and the connotation that I hijacked this thread. Must have been a figment of my imagination, and I certainly had no right to reply heaven forbid. That's not me replying to a differing opinion, that's me standing up for myself.

I must have mistakingly read where your pal Wombat called me a wanker, and all his other pearls of wisdom about lack of professionalism in the workplace. That obviously was just his analytical way of debating the topic of Toovey's sacking.

I'm happy to be told I'm wrong Wombat. You see how Duff and I could have a mature conversation?

Call people names, defame their job and make things personal, it's past differing opinions, amd its moved to something else.

Surely I have a right to stand up for myself. I wasn't the only one that said his attacks were childish and personal.

Maybe you read it all differently? Am I on a different tangent here?

Oh, and you made 0 comment about my stance on Toovey, and made it all about me. This is exactly what I mean. Quality.
You went way overboard, simple as that. Talking about libel and slander...please Ryan, be a little introspective before you flame off. I come here generally twice a week for a Manly fix. That's all

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
As was my thoughts, Toovey handled himself with the utmost dignity befitting of his legend status-great man. The Manly club have made a crucial error in white anting an absolute legend. The price they pay is yet to be determined, but will be significant.

After that presser, and seeing Zorba and co. guys, have to say, I'm starting to understand where you guys were coming from...

If this was about Glenn Stewart resigning, then FMD, i dont know WHAT to think?

Maybe I was wrong?

Starting to really dislike Zorba here.

I am impressed that Toovey had the self-control not to punch Peters in the head on the way out. Why the **** did he shake his hand?

ZtH is a particularly repulsive slug isn't he? Imagine having that sweating over you ladies!

Coupled with that high-pitched, whiny voice, you have a scheming, ageing eunuch, straight out of Ridley Scott biblical epic.

They say that no one person is bigger than a club. That may not always be true. Tooves' sacking has me very weary about the club's future.

From next year, if I don't warm up to how the Penn clan operates then I think I'll walk away and won't come back until they depart.

You could see snake was still a little upset about not re-signing his brother and agreed with the Penn's that it was the wrong decision - but that's obvious as they are brothers. Jamie on the other hand almost shoulder charged Scott on the way out. You could see he was livid at the decision.

Ryan, you can still call him Zorba, however you may have spotted 'ZtH' (Zorba the Hutt) popping up in more and more posts. As the originator of ZtH, can I humbly recommend that you hop aboard the ZtH train?

Of course, you could always refer to him as 'TPAHD', which stands for 'The Penns' Attack Humpty Dumpty'.

The choice is yours.

One other thing, who can remember a previous coach sacking, where the subject was clapped, departing with calls of 'Good on you (insert name here)', as happened today?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Absaloute disgrace the axing of Glenn stewart was a contributing factor in the sacking to Toovey. What did that fat **** zorba want?? Glenn, brett, choc, killer, matai all to retire at once and totally &?$& the club?? A lifelong grub. It will be hard to support or cheer Manlys success knowing they think it's all because of them.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. Every man and his dog who follows the NRL knows that Tooves has been shafted big time. Hell, even the football club board has come out publicly and said as much. This decision was made before the season even started, the only thing to be clarified was who was to take over. You can bet your bottom dollar that the Penn's wanted Des but have had to settle for Barrett.

The only reason I don't want Barrett to fail is because I want Manly back where it belongs, on top of the NRL. Otherwise I firmly believe that Geoff Toovey should have been our coach at least until his contract was due to run out at the end of 2016.

After watching Tooves today I got say "Tooves your all Class and an absolute gentleman"
I had the pleasure of being at Brookie the night you played your first game for Manly against the poms and I will be there for your last game you coach the boys. Thanks for the memories Champion.
Now for the rest, I will always support the our Mighty Sea Eagles and I will always support the players, but that's it, to hell with the Penns and to hell with Zorba, these three spiteful idiots have no idea the damage they have done. Just 1 example of a number of items is in less than 12 months they managed to dismantle Manly's culture and it's all out of spite.
As I've said in the past I don't have a problem with change if it's for the better but and it's a big but Barrett has to create history as a none ex manly player delivers us a premiership. Time will tell how long the supporters wait for success.
2015 is a long way short from being over Go The Mighty Eagles, finals time here we come

You and I think mostly alike mate BUT you've never joined the anti Peters bandwagon.

If you didn't see today what everyone else saw then you need new glasses.

All that has happened is retribution for the Gifty departure.

Lord knows how clubs never been " happy" but the **** hit the fan in August 2014, and it's been flushing down the system ever since.

I'm happy to move on, but rest assured I'll NEVER EVER forget what's gone down in recent times.

Some very good people have lost their jobs in this purge, and sadly there's more in the footy department ( Donny Singe I believe is one), and you can bet you know who is up to his balls in every decision.

I'll move forward alright , and I'll still cheer, but I'll never forgive or forget !!

As soon as the Penns took ownership they have been planning the sacking of Tooves. Wouldn't of mattered if we were in the 8 or not. Don't know how they could justify his sacking if we made it to a preliminary or GF?

Toovey made the right call on G.Stewart. Stewart is a has-been, just like Watmough. He is not the player he was even two years ago, let alone the 2011 version.
Sorry, Terry I have to disagree. Even if his form at Souths hasnt been that good, his departure tore a huge hole in our side and subsiquently still haunts us even today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10