Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope that toovey goes onto the field at the roosters game so that the supporters can give him a standing ovation for his dedication to the club as coach
Agreed, he deserves it.

How good would it be if ditched the coaches box and ran the water for the game...

End of the day we want our club to be successful, right now we are all emotional about what has happened to Toovey and with good reason,

As pissed off as I am, I would NEVER not renew my membership, I support the club, not the boofheads who happen to own us at the moment. I will support guys who are committed to our cause.

The lessons from this year have to be learnt by the club, never ever again can we allow the dysfunction run our club.

The problem is that when you buy a MWSE membership you ARE supporting the boofheads who own the club. The club is the Penns at the moment and will remain so until someone buys them out. They are the dysfunction, so how do they learn a lesson ?? If you don't renew your membership then that is more $$ that have to come from their own pockets .... maybe that is a language they understand ??

The problem is that when you buy a MWSE membership you ARE supporting the boofheads who own the club. The club is the Penns at the moment and will remain so until someone buys them out. They are the dysfunction, so how do they learn a lesson ?? If you don't renew your membership then that is more $$ that have to come from their own pockets .... maybe that is a language they understand ??
By not renewing membership I think you are cutting off your nose despite your face. Maybe money is what the Penns only understand but they will learn to listen to the fans and members or they will struggle as its the fans and members that make the club. One day they will be brought out and I hope who ever does it makes the mode of ownership a bit like Barcelona football club who have annual elections and the rank and file fans can have a vote about the clubs managements performance, Penn runs the show and he has brought in his own people, its too early to totally judge them yet, They have swept the broom through and I wonder now if future results will determine the futures of the CEO and board ect.

That's my approach. I'll always support the team but the Penns will not get a cent of my money. Those jerseys may need to last a while!

That's my approach. I'll always support the team but the Penns will not get a cent of my money. Those jerseys may need to last a while!

What about Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Tom Trbojevic, and all the other players that need our monetary support?

Mate, understand the frustration, but can we blame them for Penn / Kelly acting like arse holes?

I'll be a season ticket holder next season.

What about Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Tom Trbojevic, and all the other players that need our monetary support?

Mate, understand the frustration, but can we blame them for Penn / Kelly acting like arse holes?

I'll be a season ticket holder next season.
No membership monies go into Player contracts. NRL Cap Grant, and TPAs are how Players earn their keep.

Clubs also receive about 4 mill for Coacing and ancillary Staff from the NRL.
They augment their revenue through Sponsorships primarily.

Merchandising, then membership fees are miniscule for most, if not all Clubs compared to the NRL Grant and Sponsors

I consider Tooves a personal mate and words don't describe how shattered I am that he won't be our coach. I don't know all the ins and outs of what the players/club thought of his coaching ability however his results have been good over all. I so hope he comes back In another role in the future. The man is an absolute legend.

One thing I do rate about the Penns is that they are after results and won't stand for Manly not to be one of the premier clubs in the NRL. I am not sure of about all of their methods but they won't stand for mediocrity like Parra/knights etc.

I consider Tooves a personal mate and words don't describe how shattered I am that he won't be our coach. I don't know all the ins and outs of what the players/club thought of his coaching ability however his results have been good over all. I so hope he comes back In another role in the future. The man is an absolute legend.

One thing I do rate about the Penns is that they are after results and won't stand for Manly not to be one of the premier clubs in the NRL. I am not sure of about all of their methods but they won't stand for mediocrity like Parra/knights etc.
well the ball is firmly in their court now... If they fail I hope they get the same treatment as others.

The way in which Tooves has handled himself in the media ever since the Gifty drama has been nothing short of brilliant.

More recently, the continuos conjecture surrounding his position would of brought many men down.

He's done nothing to lesseen his appeal for any prospective coaching position.

Last edited:
Yep. Another club will snap this legend up.

There was a thread on one eyed eel " Tooves for Assistant Coach" where one poster and I only saw one suggest that Tooves should replace BA as head coach and BA should be the assistant.

Haven't seen anyone else mention this, apologies if I missed it. Paul Kent said on BSB this morning that they had wanted Tooves to sign a confidentiality agreement but he refused. Kent seemed to think this offered him ammunition should the club come out and start bagging him or imho leaking about him.
Nice move Tooves.
and maybe the price of that was to forgo his bonuses

Haven't seen anyone else mention this, apologies if I missed it. Paul Kent said on BSB this morning that they had wanted Tooves to sign a confidentiality agreement but he refused. Kent seemed to think this offered him ammunition should the club come out and start bagging him or imho leaking about him.
Nice move Tooves.

Hahaha, if true then it's another case of their very shameful antics knowing no bounds.

Tooves is and will forever remain, part of the fabric of the club. On the other hand, Penn/Zorba/Kelly are, and will forever be remembered as, skidmarks.

Tooves on Fox Sports

Reporter: Do you expect to make the 8
Tooves: Yes.

At the press conference, none of the players looked happy with what was happening. One of the first things Killer said was that Tooves never lost the players like the media have been sprouting about for the past 12 months.

I hope this pisses the players off enough so that the true form of this team comes out for the rest of the year regardless of our injury toll.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8