Tooves has absolutely torn the refs a new one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
How have I, the attack could be and should be better full stop.

We fix our attack and even with the reduced playing depth on offer at the moment we can win this premiership.

The amount of offensive defensive effort today was amazing to see but it had to be to slow down the Souths pack.

This was actually one of our best performances this year just a pity the attack did not reward it.

Yep, Wolfie getting put into touch, Lyon getting held up over the line and Matai's no try, yep the attack was $h!t.

That is part of the problem Stu, most of our tries are out wide increasing the chances of going over the sideline even more so when we play too sideways.

I thought Toove's head was going to explode at one stage. let's hope it has the same effect as the 1987 Bozo cement truck fiasco.

mickqld said:
I thought Toove's head was going to explode at one stage. let's hope it has the same effect as the 1987 Bozo cement truck fiasco.

haha yep, he was pretty fired up Toovs, and rightly so. About to blow a fuful valve I reckon.

Wingers go into touch occasionally because they play on the wing! Wolfie is one of the best finishers in the business. You can't blame our attacking structures on any of our no tries tonight, surely.

Clint said:
mickqld said:

haha yep, he was pretty fired up Toovs, and rightly so. About to blow a fuful valve I reckon.

Fuful valve! I haven't heard that saying for yonks and now I know how to spell it too!
Thanks Clint.
I reckon I was close to blowing a fuful valve tonight too.

StuBoot said:
Wingers go into touch occasionally because they play on the wing! Wolfie is one of the best finishers in the business. You can't blame our attacking structures on any of our no tries tonight, surely.

TC will tonight. We somehow have to magically not telegraph that we are going under the posts each time and our season will be saved apparently.

Technical Coach said:
voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
To be expected;

1)Put pressure on the refs for wheIn it counts
2)Save face

It's the attack always has been.....

Please add value now

Why I have been stating it for years I offered a while ago to illustrate a small sample against the Tigers that had me convinced our attack still has issues and will not be good enough against the leading teams but had no takers.

I tried warning people to stop getting lost in the big scores we have been racking up recently.

In saying that the attack this year has improved that is one of the positives this year and has allowed us to cruise through the last 6 weeks. In the past we would still be in the grind against weak opposition and rack up injuries at least this year we have put teams to the sword.

Still there is hangover in our structures that kill us in the big games too often with such a quality backline.

TC you are a dope who has never played footy and carries on with crap. Shrivel up and disappear you goose. I think you are mr invisible.

ManlyBacker said:
StuBoot said:

TC will tonight. We somehow have to magically not telegraph that we are going under the posts each time and our season will be saved apparently.

No what I am saying is most of our plays are either edge plays or spreads so you have to expect a greater amount of tries being held up or pushed over the sideline.

If we play straighter tighter with more options and variations up the middle and use our forwards more in a hole running capacity we will increase our attacking output in the big games.

Scoring 12 points or less against the top 4 teams "All season" is not good enough for such a high quality team.

I stated months ago waaaay back that our attack will look pretty against the bottom 8 and lower half of the 8 so i'm not just coming in here after a loss and having an opinion with a knee jerk reaction.

ManlyBacker said:
StuBoot said:

No we need to have more strength plays up the middle to hold the defence tighter in so that our spreads are more clinical. Not enough work up the middle to set up these plays.

TC - careful mate, not everyone on this forum enjoys it when someone is actually right.... especially if the points being made are not necessarily in praise of our team!

The reality is that the statistics for our team against the topy 4 teams are poor. we can beat the rubbish, but we can beat (whip?) the cream.

I watched on an iPad tonight, and missed about 15 minutes - so I apologise for not being completely up to speed.... But I thought we were excellent tonight. best performance in 2 months (since we were bruising people in defence early in the season). We obviously have a discipline issue - and by issue, I mean we are 'marked men' when it comes to discipline. The refs jump on us for everything.... it's a fact of life.

I think we can be raelly proud of the effort. We will now slip back uder the radar - Souths will have added some pressure to themselves. Happy days.

I'm 100% confident that we will be playing October footy

Yeah, just saw it. Unfortunately in the snippets they are showing he comes off half crazed.

How are the half baked journalists trying to wind him up though?

COMMANDER said:
Yeah, just saw it. Unfortunately in the snippets they are showing he comes off half crazed.

How are the half baked journalists trying to wind him up though?
full presser

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-v-Rabbitohs-Press-Conference/82150

Toovey "were They the best Referees we have got"

Toovey "do the 2 bloke in the box need HD TVs Bigger ones" Matai No Try

Toovey "Lets Talk about blokes staying down, were going back to the soccer now are we ?"

Toovey "I'm just gonna tell my players to stay down now "

Toovey "I just think Today again the Officials decided the outcome of the game not the 2 teams"

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Sounds rattled and not a good look. First season in the spotlight and losses to the top teams may be taking its toll on Tooves. I'm sure he will learn from that. Players would be concerned about him losing the plot on national tv. Kevin Keegan did this with Newcastle soccer many years ago about Man United in the run in to the title.

Souffs and Easts have big forward packs who dominate opposition. When they get a roll on, often because of a penalty, they are very hard to stop. Both packs are bigger and less mobile than ours, so they run straighter. Thus, if you are going to beat Souffs or Easts it will be in the backs. That's what we tried last night, and we could have had a couple more tries to our backs with a little luck.
Given an even flow of possession, which we don't seem to be getting, our backs will win us matches. Let's hope Tooves' spray does convince the refs to let the game flow. 15 penalties a match is far too many.

Darren said:
Sounds rattled and not a good look.
Sounds furious and exasperated. Why would you want him to look like nothing was wrong?

Darren said:
First season in the spotlight and losses to the top teams may be taking its toll on Tooves.
How is this his first season in the spotlight?

Darren said:
I'm sure he will learn from that.
He has learned, from many before him, that sometimes this is the only way to turn things around. Biting his lip until shortly before the finals seems pretty smart to me.

Darren said:
Players would be concerned about him losing the plot on national tv.
More likely the players would appreciate his rant as a public expression of support for them. He didn't attribute the loss (publicly) to their failure to do a, b and c. Manly played well but the refs decided the game. He is keeping the players' confidence up after what could have been a demoralising result.

I have no problem with how he handled the press conference.

I thought he was controlled - but you can be sure the NRL will try to find a way to fine him. I was hoping he was going to go off like I was last night - rum makes me mad......

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6