Toovey VS Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No, that was the third last. The following Friday night (yes, a five day turnaround) they were deactivated by the Roosters. In the last round, they beat Flanno's Hammerheads at Narc Park.

If someone can tell me ONE new thing our backs have learnt under Barrett then I'll stop bagging him.
With the exception of Illawarra we must have the most insipid attacking skills in the comp. Five tuck the ball under the arms. Then, if we are lucky enough to have retained possession for that long we have no plan, except to kick-and-hope.
I'm not just whinging about tonight, it's been every match where we have no backline spark. Our style of football is not the exciting style I've been watching for 55 years.
Our forwards have been good. Perhaps our only chance is to pick 17 forwards next match.
Barrett is the Problem. He is no better than Toovey, who was also a problem. We need to sign Ivan Cleary ASAP.

Toovey ruined our 2015 campaign when he failed to re sign Glenn Stewart in 2014. He drove snake into hating DCE coz he thought cherrys salary was taking up Glenn Stewart's but I was when Toovey signed Mateo. Toovey didn't sign anyone at manly that was good. He walked into a Des Hasler dynasty already made for him. Baz is blazing his own dynasty. And I really don't care if we don't make the 8 this year coz this year was always going to be a rebuilding no matter how much you sugar coat it. Combinations don't gel over 3 months of the preseason coz remember walker signed 3 months into pre season same with kapow. I back us the 8 next year if we can pick up a good 5/8.

Toovey ruined our 2015 campaign when he failed to re sign Glenn Stewart in 2014. He drove snake into hating DCE coz he thought cherrys salary was taking up Glenn Stewart's but I was when Toovey signed Mateo. Toovey didn't sign anyone at manly that was good. He walked into a Des Hasler dynasty already made for him. Baz is blazing his own dynasty. And I really don't care if we don't make the 8 this year coz this year was always going to be a rebuilding no matter how much you sugar coat it. Combinations don't gel over 3 months of the preseason coz remember walker signed 3 months into pre season same with kapow. I back us the 8 next year if we can pick up a good 5/8.
Not a chance with Barrett as the coach.

And also if anyone thought we that Cowboys lose last night if we have a different side it doesn't make a difference! Mateo is out of form and doesn't deserve the 6 jumper, PETA did a excellent job. We get some troops back for Broncos we can give them a good game. If baz had a choice he would probably move Lyon to 5/8 but Lyon doesn't want so he is forced to use walker

Gus was happy to let Barrett go and Cleary also. I'm not sure Ivan would be the answer.

The team is poorly coached, there is no doubting that. But until we can line out players up against Scott, Tamou, Thurston etc and think "yes we've got this" then we're screwed. Of the recent buys only Taupau has impressed me (and even he is used incorrectly, fkn Barrett)

The players are putting in for Baz. Can't say the same about that squad last year. Tooveys last game? A must win against Parra at home?
True. But don't forget we flogged Brisbane and beat Cronulla in the last round in tremendous performances. I'm yet to see anything so stirring this season. Our forwards and our defence in the forwards is much better this year. But our attack from the backs is non existent.

In 2015 - apart from a run of 5 or 6 weeks towards the middle to end of the season we were pretty awful last year. Let's not kid ourselves.

I'm not looking back with rose colored glasses. Toovey is gone, the players are playing with good effort at least at the moment and we have a stack of injuries and positional changes and played the benchmark team of the NRL last night.

I honestly don't know what people expect.

I think it is counter productive to continue to harp on about the coach. It's done. And I for one don't think it would be any better AT ALL with Toovey still coaching.

Barrett for my 2 cents.

If Toovey and the Manly football department stayed together we would of handled the loss of Keiran Foran much better !

If Jamie Lyon did not want to play 6 we would have Feleti Mateo in 6 and business would of been business as usual with Manly !

While Ballin recovered we would of had Jayden Hodges + Buhrer as back up hookers

I believe with Toovey and original staff we would of been playing better footy this year the year after and the year after !

It was obvious that we had our backs ready ( hiku/gutherson/Turbo to replace Matai/Stewart/Lyon

And Toovey and staff did have plans for forward recruitment but did not get their chance !

Have a look at Vave he is very skillfull forward .... who signed him ? Toovey
Barret IMO is doing a much better job then Toovey and the team is getting stronger each rd. Lets see how we go by rd 26. We didn't even make the finals last year!

True. But don't forget we flogged Brisbane and beat Cronulla in the last round in tremendous performances. I'm yet to see anything so stirring this season. Our forwards and our defence in the forwards is much better this year. But our attack from the backs is non existent.
2 good wins but when it mattered most, we lost the must win game at home against lowly parra and got flogged at home by 50 against the chooks.

sorry, Toovey had to go. Players were not putting in for him.

Fact is last year we were hammered with injuries, and the crazy contract issues of the two halves.

This year it's been a few injuries and a ridiculous amount of 5 day turnarounds.

Both seasons are write offs and not because of who is coaching us.

We might still make the 8 because most of the teams are very ordinary in 2016, it's the weakest competition I have ever seen. Most of the good players are at two or three teams.

Our backline was much more settled last year and our forwards were garbage. This year it's the opposite. Our forwards made easy metres last night and once it went past Chez it went to ****.

In saying that, Williame and Wright looked good. It was the play at crucial times by the 6 and makeshift 1 that let us down and all things considered, that was probably to be expected.

All crystal ball talk. How on earth does anyone know that we would be better if toovey was still here?

As i recall, we were stone motherless last until halfway through the season, and finished exactly where we are sitting on the ladder now...
Was that supposed to be rudderless...

Lol seriously the fitness talk cracks me up. Who on here actually understands "fitness"???

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2