Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh I dunno...whenever the club wants me to buy tickets for games, or merchandise, or a variety of other reasons....they are pretty good communicating that with me.

edit: Larissa was awesome!
BANG ON!

I remember last year when they had resigned guys like Jorge and Hiku and didn't want to announce it fearing they'd upset Gifty and his mates (which I assume is the dickhead Choc, sitting in his car sulking like a little bitch). That was a very pathetic state of affairs...

I remember last year when they had resigned guys like Jorge and Hiku and didn't want to announce it fearing they'd upset Gifty and his mates (which I assume is the dickhead Choc, sitting in his car sulking like a little bitch). That was a very pathetic state of affairs...
A fit Jorge would be nice right now.

I would love to see manly get back up out of the gutter and get a few wins under their belt. I am not expecting them to do massive things in the coming weeks but it would be good to see them get into the eight this year. To just prove to the public that they are not a bunch of deadbeats.I think that is a more realistic outlook than what is being displayed in the threads at the moment. **** happens so why would we be immune to it if every other club isnt. We should start thinking positive even as fans of the team as it will probably mean something more to us in the long run if we do pick ourselves up.GO MANLY

Last edited:
I would love to see manly get back up out of the gutter and get a few wins under their belt. I am not expecting them to do massive things in the coming weeks but it would be good to see them get into the eight this year. To just prove to the public that they are not a bunch of deadbeats.I think that is a more realistic outlook than what is being displayed in the threads at the moment. **** happens so why would we be immune to it if every other club isnt. We should start thinking positive even as fans of the team as it will probably mean something more to us in the long run if we do pick ourselves up.GO MANLY
Nice one Grassy.

Yep true. parra absolutely imploded a few years ago and could agAin and they seem to have come good now with Arthur and 4 manly players. Their off field stuff is worse than ours. Roy spagnolo, Paul Osborne etc.

the dogs did as well. They got the spoon in 08 and bought their way out of trouble with Des and the whole manly system.

We have been absolutely ripped apart by these two clubs but our day will come when we get revenge

Just one of the opportunities we have available to us during this difficult rebuild period is to "not forget"

We should remember the clubs like the dogs and the eels who now attempt to live as parasites on our clubs decade long success.

Yep true. parra absolutely imploded a few years ago and could agAin and they seem to have come good now with Arthur and 4 manly players. Their off field stuff is worse than ours. Roy spagnolo, Paul Osborne etc.

the dogs did as well. They got the spoon in 08 and bought their way out of trouble with Des and the whole manly system.

We have been absolutely ripped apart by these two clubs but our day will come when we get revenge
Not much ROI for those two clubs though. Although for Parra fans, not winning the wooden spoon is considered a pretty good season so they'll probably consider last years tenth as being as good as a premiership.

DCE is playing hard. Foz isn't. Cut Foz and put Mateo in 5/8 for the rest of the season. Matai wants out then fine. Put Hiku in the centres and bring Tom T in on the wing. I know we aren't going to win the comp this year and I'm ok with that. We could win over the next few years if we make the right decisions now. If nothing changes my disinterest in the NRL will continue to grow. Hell, may even go watch the Swans play this weekend!

Just one of the opportunities we have available to us during this difficult rebuild period is to "not forget"

We should remember the clubs like the dogs and the eels who now attempt to live as parasites on our clubs decade long success.
As much as i like you Jatz(hehe) i tend to disagree mate. Parra and the bulldogs have been around for awhile mate and have produced some great players. Every club has to build there own team and can remember when The bulldogs had heaps of trouble some years back and were in a mess and same with parra. I remember all those years ago in the 70's when Parra and Manly were always head to head and it made for an exciting competition. I have a great respect for teams like that because it was them teams that helped make our greats like fulton and others the legends that the are.This is a business and a crafty one at that and the Norths and manly saga is a classic example. My mother in law always goes on about Manly stabbing norths i the back and i cant understand why as Norths ran there club and Manly ran there's. At the end of the day if you cant run a business then you are going to fall by the wayside even when merging. I don't think they are parasites as i tend only to remember the good things.All clubs take what they can get to stay in the league and do what they have to.

As much as i like toovey , i think the players have quit as a an organization...

" hiku little act of stupidity that cost us a try while attacking says plenty about respect for the coach "..

i dont think its toovey's fault but he has ended up at the wrong end of all of this...

- Hasler started this with the players , making them feel there bigger than the club
- kite leaving
- gift leaving
- watmough and his circus
- Dce leaving
- Foran , just showing the kind of respect the club has earned through these players , the way he conducted himself towards the club , players and the game...

IMO , Manly wont get better anytime soon , Snake doesn't want to be there and Matai stirred enough unneeded trouble last year about a release...
Foran is a cancer and DCE deserves better the way he was treated.... AND IS STILL PLAYING WITH GUTS AND COMMITMENT !!!!! LAST NIGHT IF DCE WASNT PLAYING IT WOULD OF BEEN 40-nil

I have been told , that the latest is true !! he wants to stay at Manly but the complications will start again with contract talk if he stays... He never wanted to go, but the club slapped him in the face by showing him they prefer Foran...

Dce wants to stay , snake , foran & 1/2 of Matai is gone...

We need DCE to stay , a couple of strong forwards and soon after the culture will start snow balling again and we will be envied once again....

MASON starting prop says enough !!! Luke burgess couldnt even make the souths team last year and we have him starting.....what else can be said

If senior players / core of the team dont want to be there how can we expect them to perform !!!

Im a huge Toovey backer and don't blame him...the players don't look desperate and hungry enough to get out of the slump. I've seen much worse teams on paper win on sheer desire and the Bulldogs were ripe for the picking last night and it was 10 nil before we caught our breath...not good enough!

Coaches have direct control/influence over the players' desperation and hunger and general attitude.

That's half the job of a coach of NRL players.

I kind of disagree with this.
I agree the players do not look to have that intensity but I disagree it is because of the coach and that it results from a lack of effort or commitment.
I personally think when you have such a depleted team such as this case, they are flat out just keeping defensive structure intact let alone rushing up and making that big play. The defensive line looked like a bowed tendon last night, but at at least it held together for big stretches. I think if any player had have shown over enthusiasm the implications are far greater than focussing on the structure. On the flipside, if you have a strong defensive team with great line speed, you get those opportunities for players to make the big play and look enthusiastic. That said, I saw some nice attacking patterns last night, and although many didn't come off it shows the players are listening and trying things.

Overall, when it comes to effort and commitment to the coach, I see no problems.

This year has to be about building. Get these weaker players some game time and help them improve, and then in the latter part of the year as the better players come back in, get even better and develop confidence through some winning stretches and get an idea of who to keep in the squad.
This sets Manly up well, with the addition of a couple of superstars from next year, to get back up near the top - with Tooves and Bozo running the show.

NYEagle

Phil Gould, who knows a bit about footy I believe, said in the commentary that Manly have 0 line speed and 0 aggression on defence.

If that's the players > 2V's coaching style I don't know. But I do know that every player in the NRL is coached to have line speed in defence, and aggression.

We treated last night like a trial match.

My biggest problem with the whole season, is the number of players who have pulled out injured away from game day. Most of the injuries don't seem to be occurring in the heat of the battle, but more with players pulling up sore from training. If it is a problem with having an ageing roster, then someone needs to be responsible for managing it.
My worry is that the vibe in the club has become so toxic, that players are using the most minor of injuries to rule themselves out. To be honest, I haven't really been that impressed with any of the other sides and if they could get just a bit of momentum going who knows what could happen, but the attitude and body language just looks so piss poor at the moment.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8