Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh I dunno...whenever the club wants me to buy tickets for games, or merchandise, or a variety of other reasons....they are pretty good communicating that with me.

edit: Larissa was awesome!

I'm not expecting the club the tell us to much about recruitment but I genuinely can't see the logic in the lack of communication....surely membership and game attendance are going to take a hit.

For mind there is a definitive "clearing of the decks" strategy being employed by the new owners.

Logically this will culminate in Tooves going as well - as others have expressed my only hope is that he is treated with respect and dignitiy...and the fans are as well.

My concern is that recent events have proven that this is not exactly a strength of the new owners....

I agree this seems to be the strategy, Kelly has secconded ( not sure that's spelt right but it will do) many of the Souths staffers (3 or 4 I know of), and got rid of the same number of Manly staffers.

Then the halves ( his opinion may be way too expensive and precocious ) , now they are supposedly into the football staff.

To me this is sounding like a total rebuild which means a lot of pain and then hopefully another decade of dominance.

I just hope they know what they are doing as Id hate to go through all of this and end up with a decade of disaster !

I agree this seems to be the strategy, Kelly has secconded ( not sure that's spelt right but it will do) many of the Souths staffers (3 or 4 I know of), and got rid of the same number of Manly staffers.

Then the halves ( his opinion may be way too expensive and precocious ) , now they are supposedly into the football staff.

To me this is sounding like a total rebuild which means a lot of pain and then hopefully another decade of dominance.

I just hope they know what they are doing as Id hate to go through all of this and end up with a decade of disaster !
At the very least Joe was present (not going to suggest what role he had because I don't know) for the complete rebuild of the rabbits. They went from joke cellar dweller to almost 35,000 members with 70,000 teeth. They went from a **** roster to a premiership. So at least he should know what it takes. He was CFO? I say we give him a chance and see what happens. Something had to change we just eventually got to that tipping point.

I'm prepared to give him ( them ) a go, but really won't be happy until they convey to their customers their long term plan.

By that I do not mean which players will be targeted but I think it's a fair ask for the customers to get an idea of the broad plan moving forward .

Especially if those same customers are going to be expected to front up with revenue for membership / merchandise during what clearly will be a tougher time on the scoreboard .

I'm prepared to give him ( them ) a go, but really won't be happy until they convey to their customers their long term plan.

By that I do not mean which players will be targeted but I think it's a fair ask for the customers to get an idea of the broad plan moving forward .

Especially if those same customers are going to be expected to front up with revenue for membership / merchandise during what clearly will be a tougher time on the scoreboard .
isn't that what the ten point plan is supposed to be? I'm not sure what else people want. This is a genuine question btw. They're not going to give you detailed revenue and financial planning forecasts. I think a simple overview is all that most clubs would get? Correct me if I'm wrong im genuinely interested

isn't that what the ten point plan is supposed to be? I'm not sure what else people want. This is a genuine question btw. They're not going to give you detailed revenue and financial planning forecasts. I think a simple overview is all that most clubs would get? Correct me if I'm wrong im genuinely interested

The 10 point plan was more about Brookvale and the aim to be a powerhouse, really a whole lot of fluff!!

There was nothing in it about their future plans for the team as such.

I'm sure I could draft a great press release for them ( if I knew the plans).

" After a decade in which we featured in four Grand Finals and won two it's necessary for our great club to move in a new direction on the field. With the loss of our two experienced halves in a bidding war with two of our competitors, and the changes in rules for the game we have identified that we need a different make up. Whilst we can't share with you that exact make up we can assure you our recruitment team is working on both our existing player stocks and what players from other sides that are available in the period 2016-2018 with a view to building a powerhouse side to challenge for the Premierships of 2018 and beyond. This rebuild also extends to our training facilities and coaching staff, all will have KPI's placed on them in an aim to become the best of the best. In the meantime we ask our faithful fans ( their words not mine) and our loyal sponsors to have patience and understand that at times this may be a painful process, never forget that Together we are Stronger.""

Now how's that sound, and wouldn't you feel better if you got that in your inbox ??

@lurker Now how easy would it be to send that out , not giving anything away but explaining that they do have a vision or a plan.

At the moment they seem to be going from one chaos to the next!!

@lurker Now how easy would it be to send that out , not giving anything away but explaining that they do have a vision or a plan.

At the moment they seem to be going from one chaos to the next!!
There are surely machinations happening in the background, I think they just communicate poorly. The junior redevelopment is an example. Even this Albury game. Joe Kelly decided to do that early on and I think taking a game to the bush is a great idea but apart from a few tweets with Ballin, not much has been made of it. Same with their re-signing talks with Gutho and Ballin. You have to go digging to find stories on them.

cone_title.gif

Meanwhile back at Manly headquarters.

The 10 point plan was more about Brookvale and the aim to be a powerhouse, really a whole lot of fluff!!

There was nothing in it about their future plans for the team as such.

I'm sure I could draft a great press release for them ( if I knew the plans).

" After a decade in which we featured in four Grand Finals and won two it's necessary for our great club to move in a new direction on the field. With the loss of our two experienced halves in a bidding war with two of our competitors, and the changes in rules for the game we have identified that we need a different make up. Whilst we can't share with you that exact make up we can assure you our recruitment team is working on both our existing player stocks and what players from other sides that are available in the period 2016-2018 with a view to building a powerhouse side to challenge for the Premierships of 2018 and beyond. This rebuild also extends to our training facilities and coaching staff, all will have KPI's placed on them in an aim to become the best of the best. In the meantime we ask our faithful fans ( their words not mine) and our loyal sponsors to have patience and understand that at times this may be a painful process, never forget that Together we are Stronger.""

Now how's that sound, and wouldn't you feel better if you got that in your inbox ??
Quadruple like. Mark if only you were our CEO.

I'm not really sure what people expect the club to divulge about behind the scenes discussions regarding player and staff retention/recruitment. I'm sure it's happening (if it's not then the wheels have fallen off completely) but I personally don't expect the club to make public who is or isn't on the hit list. In times past announcements are only made when the signature is secured, I don't expect that to change. Why would you jeopardise negotiations that are currently underway by publicly declaring your interest in a player or coach ?? Not only would it make the intended target uncomfortable but it will also alienate the current incumbent in that role. I think we need to trust that the owners have the best interest of the club at heart and that they are fully aware of the current player talent issues we are facing. I'm prepared to give them time to prove themselves on this front.

I must admit that the only situation that seems a little unpalatable is the axe that is being wielded through the back office staff. But once again I'm prepared to give the new regime a chance to build a team that they see fit to carry out their plan. Some of it smacks of being agenda driven, but without intimate knowledge of the situation no one here can be sure of the motivation other than what we hear on the rumour mill. Time will tell.

After 10 years of success there had to be a lull at some point to regather and prepare for another assault. It was always looming large on the horizon given how we had managed to hold a pretty formidable team together for a long time, age was always going to weary them. Losing DCE and Foz is a kick in the guts and has sharply focused the issue, no doubt about that. We might have managed to transition into the next 10 years with those guys on board for a while longer with the young talent coming through.....but they are gone so we are in a deeper hole than we had hoped we would be faced with.

didn't we kinda all laugh when the titans ceo posted that they had lyon on their fan forum?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8