Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You only had to look at 2V in the box last night, their passion and his are totally missing.

They think it's a lost cause, as does he.

Very telling in my opinion.

Phil Gould, who knows a bit about footy I believe, said in the commentary that Manly have 0 line speed and 0 aggression on defence.

If that's the players > 2V's coaching style I don't know. But I do know that every player in the NRL is coached to have line speed in defence, and aggression.

We treated last night like a trial match.
Bob Fulton said the same thing on 2GB about our forwards .

I agree. He's just looking like a deadman walking.
Here's what they do every set, in attack at best they just reach the opposing 30m line if they haven't already dropped the ball. Then the other team reaches our 30m line on their 3rd tackle where Manly are so slow and unfit they lay all over them and concede a penalty which inevitably turns into a try or a repeat set. Times that by 25 and that's what we having to put up with watching week after week. How can you possibly drop the ball as much as we do when it would be their most basic skill.

For the past couple of years I've heard a fair bit of talk that the future is bright for Manly because we have talented juniors coming through such as the Trbojevic brothers, Gutho, Ligi Sao, Jayden Hodges, MKC etc. Don't get me wrong, with the exception of MKC I think all will turn into very good first graders and the Trbojevics and Gutho will probably go on to play senior rep footy. But I read and hear all of this talk, then I go and look at our U/20 and NSW Cup results. While (until 2015) our NRL side has been at or near the top, the lower grades have been at or near the bottom. When our lower grades are getting towelled up each week I don't know how there was so much optimism for the future.

A lot has been said on here in the past few weeks that our side is mostly the NSW Cup team. Considering that side's results over the past few years is anyone really surprised that we are currently 1-6?

And that is before we get into the injuries, players seeming to show little desire or the constant media circus surrounding our stars and whether they do or don't want to be at the club.

Tooves is probably doing the best that he can with what he has got. But with the loss of so many players, plus age finally catching up to stars such as Snake, Killer, Skivy and Matty Ballin, there is only so much he can do. I don't know if a change of coach is the answer and personally I don't want to see Tooves get the boot. But something definitely needs to change and its not just getting our injured players back on the field.

I'd be far more optimistic in the future if our lower grades weren't anchored to the bottom half of their respective ladders for the past few years.

The good thing is that our U/20's are doing well this year. That is cause for some optimism.

I think that is the biggest worry our aging stars can no longer pull out a win by themselves. Lyon and ballin and matai look particularly slow this year then add to that all the injuries and the loss of confidence and conviction in what they are doing, its no wonder we are struggling. I don't want to see tooves go, but wouldn't be against getting in another assistance coach next year with new ideas on attack and restructuring our D.

I think that is the biggest worry our aging stars can no longer pull out a win by themselves. Lyon and ballin and matai look particularly slow this year then add to that all the injuries and the loss of confidence and conviction in what they are doing, its no wonder we are struggling. I don't want to see tooves go, but wouldn't be against getting in another assistance coach next year with new ideas on attack and restructuring our D.

Quite a fair cop that piece. Can't say I disagree with any of it to be frank.
However, the only thing that will save 2V from the boot is wins. Wins this year.

Promising future glory won't cut it with the Biro boys.

Don't get this thread! We have the better part of a team on the side line. Fact ! If this happened two years ago we would be in the same position as we had no real depth than either!
Same as last year when we finished equal 1st.
This year has really exposed a weakness we have had for a long time. depth!

Three wins from the past 17 matches! That is possibly the worst stretch of losses in Manly's proud history. As much as I admire Tooves and don't blame him for the shambolic on and off field performances we must make a drastic change or else this will be the first team in Manly history to come last.

Three wins from the past 17 matches! That is possibly the worst stretch of losses in Manly's proud history. As much as I admire Tooves and don't blame him for the shambolic on and off field performances we must make a drastic change or else this will be the first team in Manly history to come last.
This is why we have Fulton come in to oversee what the fck is going on in the place

What a sad, sorry day when we blame Toovs for last night.

A braver, determined Manly fighter never breathed.

That 17 couldn't lick his boots.

I could easily sack 8,9 or 10 of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7