Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We will bounce back....no doubt about it.
We always do.

And, as always, our fair weathered friends will bounce back also, right on cue.

Is anyone doubting we will bounce back? That's certainly not my concern, it's the reasoning and agendas behind needing to bounce back. The situation we are in was totally avoidable. Planning, foresight , professionalism and structure. All fundamental management traits, and all absent which have resulted in this.

Make no mistake, this is a re defining period of our club. Re definition can be good. But it needs to handled by the right people. And that is a fear I have.

Are Matai and Snake suspected of a push to get Tooves sacked? If that's the case then I would want both gone.

Our toughest ever player and one of our finest captains. Huge credentials for his leadership ability. Got us consecutive top four finishes three years running for the first time since the 90's, went within a whisker of getting a premiership and minor premiership in only 3 years of coaching. Way to go Manly in trying to shaft a loyal legend and one of the best new coaches going around. Absolute carnts.

Are Matai and Snake suspected of a push to get Tooves sacked? If that's the case then I would want both gone.

Our toughest ever player and one of our finest captains. Huge credentials for his leadership ability. Got us consecutive top four finishes three years running for the first time since the 90's, went within a whisker of getting a premiership and minor premiership in only 3 years of coaching. Way to go Manly in trying to shaft one of the best new coaches going around. Absolute carnts.

I love 2V just like the rest of you do BUT, 2V " may" not be the man for the team . So if he's treated correctly I could live with a change , but it has to be handled delicately .

As to whom they would choose to replace him, well that's another question.

If Parra board changed we might get the Dalai, now wouldn't that make young Fo$ happy !!!

So what we are really saying is, that we will lose a whole team of stars and keep the coach instead. 99 times out of 100 it plays out the other way round.

I'm being given the impression that Matai and Snake would be happy to see Tooves go whilst Ballin and Lyon are happy to play under him and want to finish their careers at our club. Is it a power play by some of our older stars? They still have plenty to offer on the field despite being past their best but if they want Toovey gone on unreasonable terms then that's farked.

I hope tooves stays but if not, surely we can't be looking at Brown, Barrett, or Kimmorley as his replacement!!! A dogs supporter that works with me said we are looking at Dymock who is probably better than the other 3 but still, I hope this is all crap and tooves stays.

A lot of passion in this thread. Good to see.

We all want our "say", have our "own" opinion and thanks Dan for providing that outlet.

The only thing that is obvious to all of us; the club is indeed broken.

I think Ryan said in one of the posts that no matter what happens he will always be a Manly supporter. We are probably all 100% the same.

It's good to vent. It's good to have a forum to do so, but lets keep in mind we are all seeing the world through Maroon and White eyes. Some of us may need glasses @:D though (me included).

I don't have the answers to the current predicament, although I like to think I do. I can't control Kelly/Penn/Zorba/DCE/FOZ etc, but I can vent about their stupidity and selfishness then go watch the team play and cheer.

Lets not beat each other around the head on this. Whatever will be, will be.
Great post!
I don't agree with everyone on here, but I do respect everyone. Cause in the end we all follow this great club.

I am a huge Toovey fan; grew up idolising him.

If the media reports are false then we move on. If one or two players don't like the coach then the coach is not the problem.

However...

If the reports are true and he is on the nose with the majority of the playing squad, then we have a problem. Players don't collectively turn on coaches for no reason. You get the occasional personality clash here and there, but if the bulk of the squad are unhappy, then the coach has to take the fall.

It's a big IF, because we don't know the facts; it's up to management to do the necessary investigating and come up with a solution one way or another. The fact that they're not saying much, tells me that this could just be media drumming things up.

Sounds to me management knew about the players gripe with Tooves since early last year.
They've backed the coach and if they sack him now after losing half the team thats incompetence of the highest order.
The players have now gone, give Tooves a chance to rebuild the list.
If theres no sign of improvement at the end of next year then let him go.
That's the least Tooves deserves and all th **** he's had to put up with since taking over.

I don't care how good his resume is from what I have seen so far, Joe "F*cken" Kelly couldn't scratch his arse let alone rebuild this club. It has just been one **** up after the next. What is one positive thing that has happened since that **** joined us? For those saying it is too soon to judge I disagree there are things like his leadership and communication which we can use to judge him and in both of these areas he has been very, very poor.
I agree I am still scratching my head over contract negotiations with dce....how did that go so wrong? The club needs to let the fans know what's happening, we need....I dont know to be honest, forwards with grunt a half a 5/8 apparently a new coach.im just confused and upset and totally dismayed with whats happening to our team, I cant see where we are heading...someone do something now please....we lost to the dragons seriously and forget the score line we looked sad as a team, bottom line we are in BIG trouble unless joe and the board do something, at least give the fans some reassurance we are reacting to the sh** that is going down.

.im just confused and upset and totally dismayed with whats happening to our team, I cant see where we are heading. .
I think these feelings were common for North Sydney fans of old, in fact I heard they used to include referrals for free psychological counselling with their season ticket packages.

Can't believe so many of you fell for this thread, the author is a Toovey hater from way back. I say it's ridiculous. In fact, there has to be an investigation.
I don't think people fell for the thread; there are plenty of reports floating around in media circles regarding our coach, so it's a fair topic of conversation. I for one, support Toovey, but a lot of the "media fabrications" are coincidentally proving to be true over the last 6-12 months.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that even Hasler wouldn't be immune to the player unrest that is going on ATM if he had stayed on?

I wouldn't put it past him to have tried to move on one of older stars around the same time we moved on Gift (particularly Choc, Gift or Matai). He did so with Menzies and Orford. It's just that with Choc, Foran, Gift, Matai and Snake being so tight-knit, trying to move on any one of them would have backfired on any coach.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6