Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake doesn't want to be here? The same bloke that only a fortnight ago was screaming at his team mates in a circle at brookie about how he's Manly? The bloke that's been fronting pressers with tooves after games?
I agree, whoever doesn't want to be here right now, let them go. And I'm not denying the club has some issues. But I saw this team play against the storm and almost best the bulldogs without a good chunk of our squad. We are not dead.
Was the loss to the Dragons awful? Did we suck beyond belief in attack? Did some players look disinterested? Yes, yes and yes. But we also conceded only the 1 try, we also lost the penalty count 8-4 and we also finished the game with no bench, against a team that, for some unknown reason, we've always struggled against.
It's been a frustrating few months and I'm just as annoyed and hurt as you guys, but there's 22 weeks to go boys, we still have plenty of life.

Gifty got fit due to desire to impress his new Club.:mad: Just go to show how the core group became complacent as they believed that they were indispensible.

The KPIs for playing weight etc need to be reviewed if the interchange changes.

Don't think I'm not feeling exactly the same way about last weeks efforts and what seems to be going on at the club in general, but as I'm getting older I realise it's probably wiser to hold my tongue until it's undeniable that we can't turn things around.
It was only 2 weeks ago we played a great game against a very good Storm outfit and the week after we almost snatched a win against the Dogs.....all this despite having one of the worst starts to the season (injury wise).
I'm not turning a blind eye to the obvious divisions within our playing group but lets not turn on the guys who are still putting in.
It's another injury plagued team that's about to play the Raiders but if we can jag a win we are still in with a fighting chance.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Matai re-signed tbh.

So am I but I think he might have hoping to influence Foran. I just saw he was his mate in round 1.

I hate to admit it but I think a new coach might have to happen. Not because Toovey is a bad coach, but because he has lost some of the players since giftygate and seems not to have support of management who make club decisions while he is on live tv.

It's almost a sacrifice as it were, but something needs to happen to put the past in the past. Coaches are an easy target.

Don't think I'm not feeling exactly the same way about last weeks efforts and what's seems to be going on at the club in general, but as I'm getting older I realise it's probably wiser to hold my tongue until it's undeniable that we can't turn things around.
It was only 2 weeks ago we played a great game against a very good Storm outfit and the week after we almost snatched a win against the Dogs.....all this despite having one of the worst starts to the season (injury wise).
I'm not turning a blind eye to the obvious divisions within our playing group but lets not turn on the guys who are still putting in.
It's another injury plagued team that's about to play the Raiders but if we can jag a win we are still in with a fighting chance.
We were lucky against the Storm. Great first half yes, but the refs gifted us that one...

Snake doesn't want to be here? The same bloke that only a fortnight ago was screaming at his team mates in a circle at brookie about how he's Manly? The bloke that's been fronting pressers with tooves after games?
I agree, whoever doesn't want to be here right now, let them go. And I'm not denying the club has some issues. But I saw this team play against the storm and almost best the bulldogs without a good chunk of our squad. We are not dead.
Was the loss to the Dragons awful? Did we suck beyond belief in attack? Did some players look disinterested? Yes, yes and yes. But we also conceded only the 1 try, we also lost the penalty count 8-4 and we also finished the game with no bench, against a team that, for some unknown reason, we've always struggled against.
It's been a frustrating few months and I'm just as annoyed and hurt as you guys, but there's 22 weeks to go boys, we still have plenty of life.
Yes I saw snake a couple of weeks ago making his "announcement" in that circle. I was certain it was a dig at DCE. No similar announcement from snake after Foz's announcement that he was leaving. Since then DCE has bust a gut for us while the same cannot be said for Snake and Foran.

Maybe it's time to cut snake too. Total purge.

That's not what a player told me two years ago. Maybe things have changed. Won't go into it, because I got torn apart for saying it at the time. It's just funny these sentiments are just starting to come to light now.

Well it is what I heard from a couple of players this year so who knows, maybe I got the sanitised version.

Yes I saw snake a couple of weeks ago making his "announcement" in that circle. I was certain it was a dig at DCE. No similar announcement from snake after Foz's announcement that he was leaving. Since then DCE has bust a gut for us while the same cannot be said for Snake and Foran.

Maybe it's time to cut snake too. Total purge.

You must be kidding.

I've been a bit sporadic on this forum lately because to be honest I made a conscious decision to stay away. The attitude of our 'diehard' fans is pathetic. I saw someone else mention it the other day but it reminds me of souths. It makes me sad to think that because of a minority of players you wont turn up and support your team. When the chips are down if you have any passion and loyalty you stick with your team.

You are accusing the players of not having loyalty or passion but wheres yours. It looks to me like matai, ballin, lyon, buhrer, jake, soggy, jsl, mateo, mason, braydon, hiku, burgess are putting in. Even cherry almost looks likes he's trying too hard. Those blokes seem proud of the jersey and are playing with passion which you say previously is apparently all you want. That'd you'd rather support pride from back in the early 2000's when we were losing. In reality though it seems you're a slave to results. We're no longer winning so now 'you can't even watch'.

Well news flash my feathered fair weather friend not supporting won't make a player play with more passion. Turning up and screaming regardless of the result will. The young blokes who are going to be a feature of this club deserve our support!

And that's where we differ. I DONT think the majority are putting in. I think overall, we are coasting, and have been for some time.

Look, you can be as excited and upbeat as you like about us losing something like 13 of our last 15 starts. It doesnt do it for me. I've learnt to have a cectain expectation with our team.

If they are putting in I'm good. If they are connecting with fans I'm good. If they are being transparent I'm good. If they are building, developing or improving I'm good. If I feel appreciated as a supporter, I'm good. If there is passion in the jersey I'm good.

The club are treating the fans with disdain, players are exodusing, and our results have been terribly, terribly bad, and we look unmotivated.

Out of all that, you come on and have a dig at a disappointed fan? LOL. Where are your standards? Where is YOUR pride in result for our club? Where is your expectation avabout all the off field stuff?

If you don't care about any of the above, and the status quo is just fine with you, and you'll just "cheer no matter what", then that's your perogative.

Listen, I was attempting to introduce Kelly to ANZ, for a potential corporate sponsorship, but that was ignored.

The clubs lost. If you think im being fair weathered because I won't watch your golden boys in DCE & Foz (who you always claimed was going to remain) then good on you mate.

Im still here after all these years..tthrough the Mullayne days, so this blip is nothing. If you can't comprehend that this is about connectivity and community with people, then you serve those people turd sandwhiches as your response, when they are clearly disappointed (I get your happy with the current state of affairs) then all power to you, sir.

If Joe Kelly misses out on Elgey due to offering him a year less than the Gold Coast then Kelly must go. He seems to have no clue on how to read players and get deals done. Look how poorly he handled DCE situation. I actually can't fathom what is wrong with the guy. Everyone on the forum here knew that foz was gone and to secure dce u just had to offer some good coin. The guy seems to be totally lost. Penns ten year plan will gets back to where we were first half of last year the way things are going
I don't care how good his resume is from what I have seen so far, Joe "F*cken" Kelly couldn't scratch his arse let alone rebuild this club. It has just been one **** up after the next. What is one positive thing that has happened since that **** joined us? For those saying it is too soon to judge I disagree there are things like his leadership and communication which we can use to judge him and in both of these areas he has been very, very poor.

And that's where we differ. I DONT think the majority are putting in. I think overall, we are coasting, and have been for some time.

Look, you can be as excited and upbeat as you like about us losing something like 13 of our last 15 starts. It doesnt do it for me. I've learnt to have a cectain expectation with our team.

If they are putting in I'm good. If they are connecting with fans I'm good. If they are being transparent I'm good. If they are building, developing or improving I'm good. If I feel appreciated as a supporter, I'm good. If there is passion in the jersey I'm good.

The club are treating the fans with disdain, players are exodusing, and our results have been terribly, terribly bad, and we look unmotivated.

Out of all that, you come on and have a dig at a disappointed fan? LOL. Where are your standards? Where is YOUR pride in result for our club? Where is your expectation avabout all the off field stuff?

If you don't care about any of the above, and the status quo is just fine with you, and you'll just "cheer no matter what", then that's your perogative.
Listen, I was attempting to introduce Kelly to ANZ, for a potential corporate sponsorship, but that was ignored.

The clubs lost. If you think im being fair weathered because I won't watch your golden boys in DCE & Foz (who you always claimed was going to remain) then good on you mate.

Im still here after all these years..tthrough the Mullayne days, so this blip is nothing. If you can't comprehend that this is about connectivity and community with people, then you serve those people turd sandwhiches as your response, when they are clearly disappointed (I get your happy with the current state of affairs) then all power to you, sir.

Hey Ryan, I like your passion and agree with most of what you write. I feel your pain. At the end of day it is game and supporting a footy team and watching is supposed to be fun ..... if you are not getting what you want out of it you have every right to feel the way you do.

I wonder when manly fans will stop believing everything that is written in the media?
In the absence of any form of communication from our club and its leaders all we can base our views on is what we read in the papers and see on TV and also the performances that we see on the field .... those performances this year and the end of last year have been terrible.

I think you've missed my point I'm not happy I just don't think walking away is the answer? What would it accomplish? Also if you read my posts I've never rated foz for the money I had always said dce was the player that was worth it. That's all over now.

Why don't you think the players I named are putting in. Jake and soggy and burgess in particular are busting their arses. So has matai when he's been there. Since buhrer has come back he's also been up tempo. JSL just isn't as talented as a lot of blokes but you can tell he's trying. Lui as well has levelled some blokes. I think its highly disrespectful to the individuals to say they aren't putting in! If I was Jake and read that crap it wouldn't endear me no matter how much I love the club!

The simple fact is we don't really have the cattle in the forwards and repeatedly we've had injuries and had to shuffle the team. This isn't conducive to results.

Ryan my first post was simply pointing out that I've seen you write that you don't care about results. IMO there are maybe 4-5 who i don't think are giving it everything. Does that mean it's right to not support the other 12-13?

Walking away isn't the answer.

I think you've missed my point I'm not happy I just don't think walking away is the answer? What would it accomplish? Also if you read my posts I've never rated foz for the money I had always said dce was the player that was worth it. That's all over now.

Why don't you think the players I named are putting in. Jake and soggy and burgess in particular are busting their arses. So has matai when he's been there. Since buhrer has come back he's also been up tempo. JSL just isn't as talented as a lot of blokes but you can tell he's trying. Lui as well has levelled some blokes. I think its highly disrespectful to the individuals to say they aren't putting in! If I was Jake and read that crap it wouldn't endear me no matter how much I love the club!

The simple fact is we don't really have the cattle in the forwards and repeatedly we've had injuries and had to shuffle the team. This isn't conducive to results.

Ryan my first post was simply pointing out that I've seen you write that you don't care about results. IMO there are maybe 4-5 who i don't think are giving it everything. Does that mean it's right to not support the other 12-13?

Walking away isn't the answer.

I'd never walk away from the club, nor would I ever support another Rugby League team. As I always say, I can deal with losses, when the other stuff is right. You make very valid points, don't get me wrong, but I also think and feel apathy towards the playing group, mainly because of DCE / Foran, but also the club right now.

It's not a divorce, it's a separation. It has to be fun. If it's not, what's the point?I love coming on here though and chewing the phat with you blokes - so that won't change. Plus, I'm a gold section season ticket holder, and that won't change either, so if you look at it, I've bought a ticket to every game this year.

Done my part mate, I just need a break from watching the team, because the mercenaries are killing all the enjoyment in it for me. plus, I think we are going to be on a hiding to nothing this year.

"Done my part".."need a break"
Lol.

See Ya.

As always mave, you add so much value to the discussion. Did you poke your tongue out after that post you imbecile? Honestly dude, you make Chief look like a scholar.

You might want to note EVERYONE apart from you could debate this in a mature, sensible, empathetic way. Not ol' mave though.

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. Jerk.

I have to say, it's pretty funny when you some our fans on the forum claim that Foran and DCE should be released now, and in the next breath tell us that they're having a break from RL for a few months/season...so let me get this straight...you are filthy on these players giving up on the club, but you're giving up on the club as well, and somehow that's not hypocrisy?

Personally, I don't think it's the done thing to take "time out" simply because we are going through a rough patch. It's not fun, and it's hurts, but this is your club and if you don't like whats happening at the club right now, don't compound the problem by removing your support when the club needs you most!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2