Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Believing the media! That chestnut surely should be given a rest. Head in the sand stuff.Our problems have been glaringly obvious to anyone.

Idiots like Weidler and Rothfield waffle on about minor rubbish but the mainstream league media have been basically dead right on the big matters since late last year.

Deep divisions in the camp
Foran and DCE not getting on with Tooves
Brad Arthurs influence
Watmough signing with eels
DCE going to Titans
Foran signing with Eels ages ago

Have I missed any? Yes Tooves is gone.I love the little guy but he will be gone shortly.

I just watched the Dragons game for the first time, and boy, how pathetic did we look?

Our forwards were completely dominated. Our halves were walking, and playing on their heels right from the kickoff.

We look unfit, overweight, small, slow, lazy and uncommitted.

Foran should be ashamed of his performance (again). If I'm Parramatta, I'm worried. Wonder how many families and players he will displace by going there.

We aren't playing as a team. That's down to the culture our halves have created, and Toovey, having completely lost his playing group.

We have to be realists here and see we are bound for a wooden spoon (or close to it). When a group of players turn on their coach, and let him down like they are, your teams doomed.

Now I read that Matai is again attempting to get out of his contract again.....yes....again. Believe that of you possibly can. Only weeks after he re signed, but I think he was also fooled by Forans lies.

They don't even have each others backs anymore. And why would they? Look at the culture our halves impart on the playing group.

We have to look forward now. Bite the bullet, release players, blood some players. Weve lost 13 of our last ****ing 15 games or something...what's the worst that can happen.

Play young men who are passionate about being here.

The longer these mercenaries are in the team, the worse the cancer spreads guys.

If Matai wants out Kelly you garbage CEO, let him go FFS.

Are you so blind that you dont see that Foran is unplugged? He has no motivation to put in for his coach..like the rest of his playing grpup.

We looked like under 20's. In fact, I reckon they'd maybe beat us right now. These players are embarrassing themselves, and their club.

Can't think of one player that could hold their heads high right now.

Hang your heads in shame. What is Toovey doing about this?

They've quit on you, and your completely lost.
As great as Matai's been, we should have let him go. I just wonder if there was ever actually another deal out there for him. He's battered and broken and not exactly the most popular player outside of Manly.

Now they extended him and Killer to 2017... Jeeeeeezus those two in the centres that year is going to be tough to watch. That's the age backs should be in England or retired. Slow and injury prone against the modern outside back which is tall, strong and fast. Yikes...

As great as Matai's been, we should have let him go. I just wonder if there was ever actually another deal out there for him. He's battered and broken and not exactly the most popular player outside of Manly.

Now they extended him and Killer to 2017... Jeeeeeezus those two in the centres that year is going to be tough to watch. That's the age backs should be in England or retired. Slow and injury prone against the modern outside back which is tall, strong and fast. Yikes...

I think they are both fantastic, and have plenty to offer tbh.

I wonder when manly fans will stop believing everything that is written in the media?
Well lately they have leaked :
1)Choc early release to Eels
2)Matai request for release
3)Foz to Eels
4)Manly withdrawing offer to Chez
5)Toovey left out of player retention

Believing the media! That chestnut surely should be given a rest. Head in the sand stuff.Our problems have been glaringly obvious to anyone.

Idiots like Weidler and Rothfield waffle on about minor rubbish but the mainstream league media have been basically dead right on the big matters since late last year.

Deep divisions in the camp
Foran and DCE not getting on with Tooves
Brad Arthurs influence
Watmough signing with eels
DCE going to Titans
Foran signing with Eels ages ago

Have I missed any? Yes Tooves is gone.I love the little guy but he will be gone shortly.

Yes Grant Goldman being fired as ground announcer

Don't know why you're blaming Foran and DCE, can't do **** behind **** forwards. Should have kept Choc and Gifty. When they get behind a proper forward pack next year both of those halves will be much much better, like they were pre-2015.

Don't know why you're blaming Foran and DCE, can't do **** behind **** forwards. Should have kept Choc and Gifty. When they get behind a proper forward pack next year both of those halves will be much much better, like they were pre-2015.

Did you watch JT win that game off his own back last night mate? Great halves can do it on their own. By their own estimations, these two are going to be the highest paid players in the NRL next season after losing game, after game.

Also, it's not just about their poor form. It's the cancerous culture and ideals they are imparting to the rest of the playing group. What kind of example are they providing?

That's not what a player told me two years ago. Maybe things have changed. Won't go into it, because I got torn apart for saying it at the time. It's just funny these sentiments are just starting to come to light now.
I've been a bit sporadic on this forum lately because to be honest I made a conscious decision to stay away. The attitude of our 'diehard' fans is pathetic. I saw someone else mention it the other day but it reminds me of souths. It makes me sad to think that because of a minority of players you wont turn up and support your team. When the chips are down if you have any passion and loyalty you stick with your team.

You are accusing the players of not having loyalty or passion but wheres yours. It looks to me like matai, ballin, lyon, buhrer, jake, soggy, jsl, mateo, mason, braydon, hiku, burgess are putting in. Even cherry almost looks likes he's trying too hard. Those blokes seem proud of the jersey and are playing with passion which you say previously is apparently all you want. That'd you'd rather support pride from back in the early 2000's when we were losing. In reality though it seems you're a slave to results. We're no longer winning so now 'you can't even watch'.

Well news flash my feathered fair weather friend not supporting won't make a player play with more passion. Turning up and screaming regardless of the result will. The young blokes who are going to be a feature of this club deserve our support!

The performances against parra and St george have nothing to do with the media,

The raiders will beat us this weekend and then we have games against panthers, storm, dogs, knights and panthers so effectively we would be 1/9.

The Penns and kelly have destablised this club and the players and fans don't have a clue where the future direction is.

But all is good because Hasson is back this weekend.

I think this place will melt if he makes the squad.

Also this is not the case of not believing there are issues rather lookig at the media, in this case, with critical thought. In fact I would believe the media is correct less than 50% of the time these days

Yes Choc has been killing it at Parra this year.

Did you watch JT win that game off his own back last night mate? Great halves can do it on their own. By their own estimations, these two are going to be the highest paid players in the NRL next season after losing game, after game.

Also, it's not just about their poor form. It's the cancerous culture and ideals they are imparting to the rest of the playing group. What kind of example are they providing?

Thurston would be on a lot more than they would be, it's why the Cowboys are losing quality across the park. They only just beat a melbourne side that is decreasing in ability very quickly. Not a great performance from the Cows and hasn't been for the first 4 games now.

The culture that even though they have signed they're still trying to help manly win games? They could easily go to their respective 2016 teams and be doing a lot better than what manly are doing atm.

As much as we're going to hate admitting it, the "too old, too slow" stuff the media and other clubs fans have been going on about for 5 or 6 years might actually be starting to come true.

Snake is 30, Killer is 33, Skivy is 30, Matty Ballin is 31, Mason is the oldest of the lot at 34 and BJ is 30. Not counting BJ who is out injured but that is 5 of our regular 17 who are over 30 (adding to it is that Mateo is 30 in May). Its starting to look a bit like "Dad's Army" out there for Manly this year.

I'm not saying age is a problem. I'm just pointing out that these guys are likely in the last 1, 2 or 3 seasons of their career. They can't go on forever.

As much as we're going to hate admitting it, the "too old, too slow" stuff the media and other clubs fans have been going on about for 5 or 6 years might actually be starting to come true.

Snake is 30, Killer is 33, Skivy is 30, Matty Ballin is 31, Mason is the oldest of the lot at 34 and BJ is 30. Not counting BJ who is out injured but that is 5 of our regular 17 who are over 30 (adding to it is that Mateo is 30 in May). Its starting to look a bit like "Dad's Army" out there for Manly this year.

I'm not saying age is a problem. I'm just pointing out that these guys are likely in the last 1, 2 or 3 seasons of their career. They can't go on forever.
Which is why I'm saying our centre pairing in 2017 could be horrible to watch and why if Matai does want out it may be best to let it be. Snake as awesome as he is relies on speed and if it goes its gone and won't come back. That will happen soon enough as well.

You look at RB's in the NFL. It happens a lot earlier with them. One day they're 26 and in their prime and the next they hit like 28, lose a fraction of that pace and are cut and never seen again. You get exceptions like Lynch but look at Mojo and a few others recently. Even when the Chargers released Ladainian Tomlinson. He was their best ever. And at 30, done.

As if those two would be making much of a difference. Watmough's a spent force, and as much as I'm a fan of Gifty, he's not there laying a platform at Souths. He adds some starch in defence and adds some icing on an already impressive attacking cake. We need some grunt in the front row and all our backrowers are on the small size: Buhrer, Symonds, Lui, Mateo - there's no intimidation factor or power. All good in their own right, but there's no variety.

Foran's not trying out there anyway, he'd be waving arms in defence even if he had Scott, Bromwich, Gallen, Cordner and Sam Burgess in the pack.

Seems many agree that player group is not cohesive but it's hard to figure what can change.

Our two most stable players, Lyon (captain) and Ballin, are quiet types who lead by example. Our halves who are meant to lead us around the park, have no investment in the club post this season so they can hardly rally with pride in the jersey. Same goes for Willie Mason, our fly by night forward leader.

There's more but even with that lot I have no idea where to start apart from throwing the lot out a la Phil Gould and starting again. But can that be done at this stage?

Where are the latest matai rumours coming from?

He's busting his gut (and shoulder) for us on the field so pretty hard to believe.

It is so depressing being on this forum. We sound like fair weather supporters, love them when they are winning but bag them when they are losing. We need to support them. Yes the Dragons game was pretty bad, but we were starved of possession & then when we got it, they didn't know what to do with it. There are just a couple of people on here who should go and support another team!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7