Trial vs Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I liked it when we were up 10-nil, but not so much after that. Just too many fundamental errors to compete, really.

And I know it's only a trial, and it's not our first-grade squad, but one thing that has killed us for years was evident out there tonight as well: our one-out forward hit-ups every set make us sitting ducks for the defence.

I'm not sure if it's because we are poorly coached, or because we don't have players at dummy half who are skilful enough to engage the markers, or because we don't have any decoy runners, or forwards who are smart enough to pass the ball on, or whether it's a combination of all those things. But watching a play-the-ball and knowing the dummy half is going to pass it to the only forward who is running all by himself on one side of the ruck, and that that forward is then going to be hammered, is really beginning to piss me off. We are no chance of gaining any momentum through the middle if that's all we're going to offer.

Anyone else really, really excited about Jamie Humphreys? Kid could be anything. I hope he's our longer term succession plan for DCE (unless someone else rises and steals it from under everyone).

A LOT of Cooper Cronk about him.
It was said in the commentary that he wants to model his game on Cronk. Let's just hope the club signs him on long term and no vultures steal him from under our noses. Definitely a keeper.

Anyone else really, really excited about Jamie Humphreys? Kid could be anything. I hope he's our longer term succession plan for DCE (unless someone else rises and steals it from under everyone).

I actually thought he had a touch of the Keiron Foran's about him TBH .He looks like a footballer .
Too many dumb arse errors from us in general . Not sure if Wakem is much more than depth to be only used in case of emergency .Gordon looked ok at various times .Apart from one missed high ball Max Lehman played pretty good .

smashed!!!!!!!!

that was pure ****

what the annoying part adn why we have the ****s is we can’t even do basic football like catch the ball, man up in defence and play basic football

sad

I think Jamie Humphreys has been the clear standout in each of our three trials. Clayton Faulalo also been very impressive. Both guys would not be out of place in our NRL side. Lean pickings in the forwards (apart from Sips) but got to say Diaz and Sykes had really good digs tonight. Hope they can go to the next level this year.

Well that's how you play the manly way not !!
Yes it was a reserve grade trial but that was hard to watch.
I thought we would have come out stronger tonight at home
Glad I did not go to the trial live.
Very much so and yes, be glad. The first half was ok, but just one minute after half-time the Broncs scored and that was the end of that. I was there and it was hard to watch, like not catching the ball and simple errors were very frustrating. Best were Humphries and Sipley.

Overall, the game matched the weather...poor, and the Vegas game can't come soon enough!

Very much so and yes, be glad. The first half was ok, but just one minute after half-time the Broncs scored and that was the end of that. I was there and it was hard to watch, like not catching the ball and simple errors were very frustrating. Best were Humphries and Sipley.

Overall, the game matched the weather...poor, and the Vegas game can't come soon enough!
Thanks for the on ground report much appreciated

Missed the game, may watch a replay or mini today but how did Navale go?

For those bemoaning depth, relax, only 4-5 of these guys will be called upon at most.

Remember our first port of call on depth is already in Vegas!!

I wouldn't even stress on Blacktowns results on this game (why would you anyway) as half a dozen players could slot back into this side.

Missed the game, may watch a replay or mini today but how did Navale go?

For those bemoaning depth, relax, only 4-5 of these guys will be called upon at most.

Remember our first port of call on depth is already in Vegas!!

I wouldn't even stress on Blacktowns results on this game (why would you anyway) as half a dozen players could slot back into this side.
I didn't see him until late in the game (don't think he was on) but I think he has potential. Saw one quick play the ball (which he did for Fiji too). Saw one good kick pursuit into their in goal.

I didn't see him until late in the game (don't think he was on) but I think he has potential. Saw one quick play the ball (which he did for Fiji too). Saw one good kick pursuit into their in goal.
Yeah, Caleb only came on late in the second half, but I also like the look of him. He works hard, and he kept trying until the final whistle.

Thought he really looked the goods.

And for all those on the Gordie train , I thought he had an average game , maybe due to the poor forwards.

The centre Faulolo looks like he could step up.

Apart from Parker / Sipley ( I don’t count them ) none of the others looked to be pushing for a run in first grade.

But yes Humphreys should be over there with the team now.

Pre-season challenge premiers Manly could win wooden spoon. @:cool:

Thought he really looked the goods.

And for all those on the Gordie train , I thought he had an average game , maybe due to the poor forwards.

The centre Faulolo looks like he could step up.

Apart from Parker / Sipley ( I don’t count them ) none of the others looked to be pushing for a run in first grade.

But yes Humphreys should be over there with the team now.
Agree on all that but I thought lehmann looked as good as our other second wing options too. Good hands except for one he probably shouldn't have gone for. Two tries.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8