Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the things I respected about Cory Parker was that he didn't trust having a manager and he and his wife managed him, we need a few players like him, smart, 100% effort players, without manipulative greedy managers.

Corey loves respect

Just watching the way that no one in the Manly side put their body on the line when catching kicks.

DCE almost topping to tackle count

TWICE players late to the play the ball.

It’s awful to watch.

NYEagle
Agree. Def problems still with the players and even management of players. In that first half we were trying to get points without earning them. As if Brisbane were going to fold so early in the game. Shyster is a classic example of not putting in and expecting to get something from nothing. That's an effing big problem. Daley's bombs were useless, they were nothing kicks apart from his touch finders because no one followed through. I fail to see how the coaching staff and players can not rectify such simple problems. We are def not fit and way too slow to execute anything we do. We cant even catch a ball or play a ball without dropping it. We are a bumbling mess.

I have to say I’m starting to agree with the building sentiment that players need to live in the local area (or at least within, say, half an hour’s drive) for team cohesion to build.

I was amazed when reading the article about the team poker nights that Aloiai lives in Campbelltown. How on earth can travelling that far 5 days a week for training & a 6th day for home games be beneficial to anyone?

Here is something to consider. Why is Marty in line for a premiership win with Brisbane( DUE TO HOW WELL THEY ARE GOING SO FAR) and not even been our best player. Why has Koroisau left Manly and won a premiership with Penrith. Is Tom next or Shyster. What's going on at our club that we cant get right. We beat Melbourne and all of a sudden it seems to be an excuse to loose games the way we have of late. Someone please tell me something that i might be missing.

Here is something to consider. Why is Marty in line for a premiership win with Brisbane( DUE TO HOW WELL THEY ARE GOING SO FAR) and not even been our best player. Why has Koroisau left Manly and won a premiership with Penrith. Is Tom next or Shyster. What's going on at our club that we cant get right. We beat Melbourne and all of a sudden it seems to be an excuse to loose games the way we have of late. Someone please tell me something that i might be missing.
The Melbourne win was overrated.Storm were down on troops,couldn’t of played any worse and it still took Manly til late in the game to finish them off.I actually think Manly haven’t played one decent game all season thus far

It‘s an attitude problem, a lack of commitment and understanding , it’s about time all the BS stopped and the players take a good long hard look at themselves, we are not a premiership winning squad, time to stop thinking all we need to do is turn up to beat certain sides, it’s a complete bloody mess and very bloody frustrating, without an end in sight, I think we are in for a lot more pain and suffering yet.

A
Agree. Def problems still with the players and even management of players. In that first half we were trying to get points without earning them. As if Brisbane were going to fold so early in the game. Shyster is a classic example of not putting in and expecting to get something from nothing. That's an effing big problem. Daley's bombs were useless, they were nothing kicks apart from his touch finders because no one followed through. I fail to see how the coaching staff and players can not rectify such simple problems. We are def not fit and way too slow to execute anything we do. We cant even catch a ball or play a ball without dropping it. We are a bumbling mess.

Yes I agree.

I don’t think the divisions within the club are resolved. I thought they were but I think they are back, and maybe now chronic within the club. I think the religious players are not settling in to the Northerm beaches, and I don’t think any of them are putting in as a result. That is either because they are not tolerant at the club they play for, or the other way around. I’m not to judge, but it’s not good.

They only reason Ola and Koula numbers look ok is because they would be superstars are any other club.

Big problems to solve here, particularly after all the money through at these guys through contract extensions. Manly are hamstrung as a resullt and it may be a case of player managers holding the club to ransom.

Need to take a hit and ship out some of these hustlers, otherwise expect another decade of this crap.

NYEagle

Yes I agree.

I don’t think the divisions within the club are resolved. I thought they were but I think they are back, and maybe now chronic within the club. I think the religious players are not settling in to the Northerm beaches, and I don’t think any of them are putting in as a result. That is either because they are not tolerant at the club they play for, or the other way around. I’m not to judge, but it’s not good.

They only reason Ola and Koula numbers look ok is because they would be superstars are any other club.

Big problems to solve here, particularly after all the money through at these guys through contract extensions. Manly are hamstrung as a resullt and it may be a case of player managers holding the club to ransom.

Need to take a hit and ship out some of these hustlers, otherwise expect another decade of this crap.

NYEagle

And who are these hustlers that must be shipped out??

6d ·

Facebook - 登录或注册
‘So much to offer us’: Manly great Geoff Toovey returns to Brookvale eight years after messy exit
Beloved former Manly player and coach Geoff Toovey has returned to Brookvale after an eight-year hiatus, accepting a position as the club’s pathways coaching co-ordinator.
Toovey, the club’s 1996 premiership winning captain, mentored the Sea Eagles from 2012 to 2015, leading Manly to the 2013 grand final and boasting a 58 per cent win record as coach.
However, the former NSW and Australian footballer was sacked after an underwhelming 2015 campaign, where Manly placed ninth on the NRL ladder, replaced by Trent Barrett in dramatic circumstances.
On Sunday morning, Manly confirmed that Toovey would oversee the coaching structure of the club‘s junior teams, grooming the next generation of young talent.
“It‘s great to be back involved with Manly through the Pathways program,” the 53-year-old said in a statement.
“I’m looking forward to the opportunity of producing some local talent and to help develop them into future first graders at Manly.”
Toovey played 286 first grade games for Manly and the Northern Eagles after making his debut in 1988, with the champion halfback winning the Clive Churchill Medal in 1996.
“Tooves has got so much to offer us. Everyone is so happy to have him back – the players and all the staff,’’ Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov said in a statement.
“The members and fans will love it too. He is so popular and so respected.
“The junior reps program is such an important part of an NRL club.
“Tooves will oversee the coaching of our best juniors to ensure they are ready for the NRL when their time comes.”
The Sea Eagles, who are currently fourth on the NRL ladder after securing four wins in eight games, will next face the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, with kick-off scheduled for 8.05pm AEST.
Source: www.foxsports.com.au

I don't know if this has already been posted.

It‘s an attitude problem, a lack of commitment and understanding , it’s about time all the BS stopped and the players take a good long hard look at themselves, we are not a premiership winning squad, time to stop thinking all we need to do is turn up to beat certain sides, it’s a complete bloody mess and very bloody frustrating, without an end in sight, I think we are in for a lot more pain and suffering yet.
Spot on Rafferty, it does come down to attitude in both attack and defence. They dont ming turning up each week to get their pay checks. Their attitude is total crap at the moment, has been for a while now

And who are these hustlers that must be shipped out??
Can’t answer that because I can’t identify individuals.

There is something culturally wrong here, but who am I to name people?. But looks what’s happening on the field, looks who is not putting in and look at the lack of teamwork. There is a problem.

In other clubs the diversity in people seems to gel much better. Is that because of the attitude of the clubs, or the individuals?.
NYEagle

Really would not go along with any notion of internal dissention or lack of unity . Just can not seem to get the basics right or when they do in patches , the game is too far gone . Poor positional and influential players currently in vital attacking positions at 6 and 13 . Turbo at barely 50 % of his best level . Indifferent form all over the place barring Jake , D C E , Haumole and Koula when he has played , also to probably include Bulemor . . Wingers going well enough but games are not determined there . Showed in stances that the will to compete is there , really good comeback against the Knights when the game looked gone . Plenty of other inconsistent sides as well but not much consolation for Manly . No reason why they can not turn it around but really have to start respecting possession more and not putting themselves under so much pressure . Up against it inevitably then irrespective of the opposition . .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7