Turbo or Gutho? Who would you prefer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who would you prefer

• Total voters
Man Silvertails is a goldfish bowl.

I remember how injury-prone Gutho was a few years back - did knees in consecutive years didn't he and sat out a majority of a couple of seasons.

But he came good. So did Tedesco after an early injury run.

There is precedent, and it makes me confident Turbo will also overcome his early-age injury worries and be more consistently on-field in the coming seasons.

Gutho has turned into a hell of a player, and some of those plays against Melb were game-changers. Turbo for mine has a vastly higher ceiling though.

Turbo is two years younger so can I answer it in two years time?
Gutho has only played 20 more games than Turbo, his first few years were injury prone too and now he's had a decent run he's a very good player but Turbo is one of the first picked for any rep side when he's even half fit.

I like to judge players on their career and I'm confident that when they both retire Turbo will be the one that will have 15+ NSW and Australian caps to his name.

I do (begrudgingly) like Gutho and would love him in my team but Turbo every day of the week.

Last edited:
If we kept gutho like we should have we would be a consistent finals team instead of the bullsh!t we've dished up the last 4 years.

Is he a better fullback than turbo? Not at all... But he seems to be over his injury problems unlike Tom, and even if Tom is fit those years,
Here's a list of players we've had at wing/centre/fullback and 5/8

Pita godinet
Matt Wright
Walker
Jackson hastings
Blake green
Uate
Jon Wright
Brian Kelly
Brayden williame
Parker
Garrick
Tafua (old tafua sucks, pre 2015 tafua was great)

That's just off the top of my head, and ide take gutho over EVERY SINGLE ONE of those in any of the positions named..

Shoulda kept the kid, esp since we had nothing but rubbish to replace him with

I know it’s easy with the benefit of hindsight, but it never sat well that a very talented Manly junior was being let go - who had signed a new contract with Manly just months earlier (and after his round 1 2015 ACL injury).

I suspect that DCE’s backflip and payday had something to do with Manly’s (read Brent Barton’s*) change of heart.

*Bob Fulton/Trent Barrett

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10