Two-thirds Of Sydney Nrl Games Must Be Held At Big Three Venues: Nsw Government

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This two thirds of Sydney home games isn't a bad thing.
There's 9 Sydney clubs playing 12 home games.
So that's 108 Sydney games a season.
2 thirds of that is 72 games out of the big stadiums.
So that leaves 36 games played in surburban ground.

That would mean manly and the Sharks under that systems could stay at their traditional home grounds at it would still leave 12 games for clubs like Penrith and the Tigers.

How many of those games will be played at Parra Stadium? I don't see any teams other than Parra playing there, and they don't play finals, so hardly any. Even if you take the Wanderers into account, it's still not much "content".

I have been involved in a fair bit of construction work for Parramatta over the past 18 months. They spent a lot of money developing the old sale yards in North Parramatta into their new training facility which now includes two full sized football fields and all the facilities and high tech gadgets required.

This was 90% complete prior to the start of the 2015 season and it was made clear before construction even started that the reason they were moving permanently was because Parramatta Stadium was going to become the home ground to four clubs in the near future and as part of the transition they could no longer use it as their training ground. From memory, the four clubs mentioned were the Eels, the tigers, the dogs and the Wanderers.

Why cant they just do a really good job of the ANZ upgrade and make it closed roof with a really tight rectangle on the bottom bowl. Then implode Pirtek, split the left over 300 million to Penrith, Manly and Cronulla to upgrade and you will have a great spread of high quality stadia that spans the whole sydney area. How does it make any sense that Parra's suburban stadium gets an upgrade when it is literally a stones throw from homebush. But everyone else has to suck it up and accept the inevitable. It is criminal! but I guess Parra's board is involved so that is a given.

Mike Baird you are a disgrace!

Why renovate Parramatta Stadium for only one side, when neighbouring ANZ Can accommodate 6, including the Eels? Moore Park makes some sense. Sydney, unlike Melbourne, has terrible public transport. Fix that and there is far less attendance issues too.

While I really don't like the thought of it, we need to get real. There is no evident desire or want from the Baird Government to upgrade Brookvale. We will probably need to bite the bullet and move to Moore Park.

I would rather Gosford than Allianz and I actually think this is what the NRL want too. It will be sold to us as a bitter alternative option when this dumb stadium idea takes hold.

I have been involved in a fair bit of construction work for Parramatta over the past 18 months. They spent a lot of money developing the old sale yards in North Parramatta into their new training facility which now includes two full sized football fields and all the facilities and high tech gadgets required.

This was 90% complete prior to the start of the 2015 season and it was made clear before construction even started that the reason they were moving permanently was because Parramatta Stadium was going to become the home ground to four clubs in the near future and as part of the transition they could no longer use it as their training ground. From memory, the four clubs mentioned were the Eels, the tigers, the dogs and the Wanderers.

Ok, even better. If those 3 NRL clubs are at Parra then Parra should be done, let Souths and St George join the Roosters at Allianz (it's closer to them than Homebush anyway), demolish Homebush and split the money saved on Homebush on Brookie, Shark Park and Penrith.

I don't see how Parramatta Stadium and the Sydney Football Stadium (I refuse to call these grounds by the sponsor names) can be described as "ageing venues", seeing as they only opened in 1986 and 1988 respectively. 30-odd years is hardly a long time for a structure such as a sports stadium, and I can't see the justification for demolishing Parra stadium after such a short time. The whole thing smacks of the usual underhanded graft we have come to expect from politicians...sounds like some palms are definitely being greased somewhere... :swear:

Do they already have construction companies lined up for the multi-million dollar contracts?
Who is behind the major stadia policy? What research is it based on, and why hasn't that research been made public?

How does it make any sense that Parra's suburban stadium gets an upgrade when it is literally a stones throw from homebush. But everyone else has to suck it up and accept the inevitable
Its all a bit fishy, isnt it...feels like there are sinister reasons for wanting to proceed the way they are proposing. Either that or they are just dumb and dont understand the rugby league landscape properly

This two thirds of Sydney home games isn't a bad thing.
It is a bad thing because that is the justification for providing zero funding to facilities in other parts of Sydney.

Sydney is one of the largest cities in the world by land area, and the public transport is piecemeal and uncoordinated.

As for Homebush, I drove there once and decided never again, it took well over an hour to exit the car park and it wasn't even a giant crowd that day.

When are we having the enquiry into Political Corruption.

You know how it works.

1. Make sporting bodies play at said grounds.
2. Spend millions renovating said grounds.
3. Give the contacts to mates to upgrade said grounds.

Not to mention demolishing the old ones. The demolition industry is as dodgy as anything.

If the Roosters, Souths, Canterbury and the Eels all play their home games at the big venues, there's 100% from them right there.
Manly, Penrith, Cronulla, Tigers and Dragons is where things get complicated. I've got a short breakdown of where games could be scheduled whilst trying to be fair to the suburban based clubs.

Dragons: 4 x games in Wollongong (which don't count as Sydney)
2 x games at Kogarah
6 x games at SFS = 75% big venue games

Wests Tigers: 2 x Campelltown
2 x Leichardt
8 x ANZ = 66% big venue games. I know their fans wouldn't agree with this, but realistically their fan base is far more centrally located to the big stadiums than the other clubs in question.

Penrith: 9 x games at Panther Stadium
3 x games at Parra Stadium. 25% big venue games. Panthers won't draw big crowds at Parra unless they're playing the other western Sydney clubs, which completely kills off any home ground advantage.

Sharks: 9 x games Shark Park
3 x games SFS. 25% big venue games.

Manly: 9 x games Brookvale
2 x game Gosford (don't count)
1x game SFS. 10% big venue games.

Myself, like everyone else only want to see us play at Brookvale. Our ground should be the Wrigley Field of NRL. It seems like that won't be the case unfortunately. We would draw good crowds at Gosford for games against Newcastle, Souths or the Tigers. One marquee game at the SFS (ANZAC day double header? Manly V Sharks & Roosters V Dragons) There's the four 'Eastern' clubs playing on the one day, should sell out. The rest at Brookie, where we belong.

Roosters 12/12
Souths 12/12
Canterbury 11/12 (1 game at Belmore)
Parramatta 12/12
Dragons 6/8
Tigers 8/12
Panthers 3/12
Sharks 3/12
Manly 1/10

So by my count that's 102 Sydney games total, with 68 being played at the big venues. 68/102 = two outta three ain't bad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4