Van Nguyen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Garts]
but giving him the same respect we give the diggers is not on.

I bet Dan did a minutes silence!
[/quote]

No I didnt. I have said time and time again! I dont support him or what he did. He doesnt deserve any respect, but he didnt deserve to swing either!.

As for the car and the maths fluffy have a look on the net, more people die on our roads than from drugs. Per exposure you say more die of drugs. I would check your figures again buddy!

just to give you an idea "suspected" deaths due to heorin have dropped over the last 10 years until there were less than 50 deaths due to heroin in 2003 and less than 80 of all drugs.

Now that says to me that speeding is a far greater crime, consisdering speed related deaths were well into the hundreds!

just to give you an idea \"suspected\" deaths due to heorin have dropped over the last 10 years until there were less than 50 deaths due to heroin in 2003 and less than 80 of all drugs.

Now that says to me that speeding is a far greater crime, consisdering speed related deaths were well into the hundreds!

Nice one Dan. I think Fluffy made it up to prove himself right.

But fluffy still missed your point.

If you touch drugs you are a dickhead. You're the end user. You're the reason Nguyen is dead. And if You're on drugs there is a possibillity that you are a scumbag who steals and bashes people for money.

People are making it and people are taking it. The Courier is always the silly uneducated **** who gets caught.

Put simply, if it is made, if it is taken, there will always be couriers.

Brutally killing the courier will not solve the worlds drug problems.

Dan, are you saying the community should lighten up on drug dealers/takers then?

Byso, i hope for your sake that Holly doesn't grow up to be involved with drugs. There is a good chance that she will be. The figures are a little frightening of teenagers who are on or have tried drugs.

If she does get caught with drugs, would she deserve to die?

[quote author=byso]
Dan, are you saying the community should lighten up on drug dealers/takers then?

Byso, i hope for your sake that Holly doesn't grow up to be involved with drugs. There is a good chance that she will be. The figures are a little frightening of teenagers who are on or have tried drugs.

If she does get caught with drugs, would she deserve to die?
[/quote]

And if she does I will be the first one to point the finger at Byso and say its his fault for not raising his children correctly

I heard before that a minute silence was held in parliment for him. Anyone know if this is true? IMO if true it is a farking disgrace. I heard someone walked out as they did not want to take part in it :clap: :clap:

It is sad he died, and I must say I felt a little uneasy about it when thinking about his execution on Friday morning but giving him the same respect we give the diggers is not on.

Not sure if parliament had a minute silence but I was watching the sunrise show on channel 7 and they had a minute silence which i thought was a disgrace.

Considering in Australia the maximum sentence for couriering drugs is 25 years! no I dont, I think that is sufficient.

Drug takers need to look long and hard at themselves but considering possession is largely a crime punished by fines then no we dont need to get lighter on them!

just to give you an idea \"suspected\" deaths due to heorin have dropped over the last 10 years until there were less than 50 deaths due to heroin in 2003 and less than 80 of all drugs.

Just to give you an idea in 2002, 605 deaths were recorded in australia die to unintentional poisoning by drugs in Australia of which 37% (223 not 80) were due to narcotics. (injuries and deaths in Australia, 2002, Renate Kriesfeld, Rachel Newson, James Harrison. Flinders University for the Australian institue of Health and Welfare, a division of the Australian Government)

On road collisions (not just limited to speeding but sleep, drug affect etc) totalled 1666 for the year. Lets assume that 1338 of those are related to speeding.

Thats a ratio of 6:1 deaths for speeding to Drugs.

In other words for every Australian taking illegal drugs there would have to be just 1 person speeding and 5 others on the road in the vincinity of the speeding driver to match true exposures.

Australias population - 20 million.

% drug takers - 10% (2 million)

Frequency - 1/week (52/years)

Occurances per year 104,000,000

% Speeders - 33% (6.7 Million)

Frequency - 1/day

Occurances per year - 2,445,500,000

ratio - 23.5:1 far greater than the actual figure of 6:1

Fonz - seems you backed Dans figures just because he is on your side and wrote off mine without knowing - you just look like a biased fool.

Whilst I don't in any way condone what he did or say that we should go lightly on him I would think that 25 years in a Singapore prison would probably be more appropriate as it would be no holiday camp over there like in Australian prisons.

The people who really should be hung are the Mr Bigs who organise the shipments to be sent to Australia. Unfortunately they are always the ones who get away.

Drug couriers are a dime a dozen and there are plently more who will do what Van has done thinking that they won't get caught.

tookey, you expect singaporean tax payers to put their hard earned into holding a foreigner in their prisons??

I wouldn't (although i probably do) and don't expect them too!!

For a start you are stating figures from 2002. I found the ones from 2003. They are more correct.

Also your were accidental "drug overdose" this includes Medicinal drugs and not just illegal drugs.

Therefore your figures are flawed. In this case we are talking about Heroin, which means the figures are even further reduced.

Not all of us know a drug addict, and even less die as a result of another persons drug problem. Speeding kills over 300 people a year in NSW alone, and puts every person on the roads at risk. Whilst the % of death may therefore be lower, I find it a lot more a problem that you would rather fight for the death of a drug courier rather than admit speeding is far more dangerous and likely to kill YOU than heroin

tookey, you expect singaporean tax payers to put their hard earned into holding a foreigner in their prisons??

I wouldn't (although i probably do) and don't expect them too!!

Of course you do. we all do as australians. THAT IS THE PRICE OF JUSTICE!.

If you dont want justice in this country then, dont pay your taxes, dont live here. We pay taxes and a large part of that goes to keeping people behind bars, I would rather pay to have them there than have them on the streets

[quote author=Daniel]

Just to give you an idea in 2002, 605 deaths were recorded in australia die to unintentional poisoning by drugs in Australia of which 37% (223 not 80) were due to narcotics. (injuries and deaths in Australia, 2002, Renate Kriesfeld, Rachel Newson, James Harrison. Flinders University for the Australian institue of Health and Welfare, a division of the Australian Government)

On road collisions (not just limited to speeding but sleep, drug affect etc) totalled 1666 for the year. Lets assume that 1338 of those are related to speeding.

In other words for every Australian taking illegal drugs there would have to be just 1 person speeding and 5 others on the road in the vincinity of the speeding driver to match true exposures.

Frequency - 1/day

Fonz - seems you backed Dans figures just because he is on your side and wrote off mine without knowing - you just look like a biased fool.
[/quote]

Fluffy you should know better than to add fact into a discussion.

None the less it makes total sense to me.

[quote author=Daniel]

Frequency - 1/day

[/quote]

It seems your figures aren't even recent Fluffy.

But i'm over this off the topic debate. Are you a redneck and do you think it is right to kill a person for dealing drugs?

[quote author=Fluffy]
[quote author=Daniel]

Frequency - 1/day

[/quote]

It seems your figures aren't even recent Fluffy.

But i'm over this off the topic debate. Are you a redneck and do you think it is right to kill a person for dealing drugs?

[/quote]

Do you seriously think that the figures would change much in 3 years?

Byso are you kidding me....

Of course they have. For a start the methodone clinics and the injecting rooms have cut drug related deaths almost in half!

I guess you liberals are too concerned with taxes to notice the real problems with our society and where the state Labour governments are actually improving life huh?

Nice try chump but if you bother to read my posts you will notice that i stated that i am against the death penalty

. Whilst the % of death may therefore be lower, I find it a lot more a problem that you would rather fight for the death of a drug courier rather than admit speeding is far more dangerous and likely to kill YOU than heroin

So you are saying i am correct - I was arguing the risk/occurance fits the crime, now you agree with the backing of my arguement. Nice turn around.

So here i am argueing with someone that wishes to see a convicted drug trafficer have a minutes silence and a public holiday named after him.

Come celebrate Van day at Dan's. Dan will be supplying every drug of choice bar one (no speed allowed).

Whilst high dont you dare drive fast or its the death penalty for you.

Fonz if you want to know - best read my posts, instead of sucking up to Dan and trying to not get booted again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7