Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hmmm ... this morning Walker is now missing from 2022 squad on the Manly site!
Yesterday, there was 30 players listed, now there is 27. There was 11 backs (including Walker). Today, there is only 10. Also, there was 19 forwards listed (including De Luis). Today, there is only 17.

It appears the only accurate way to know if players are signed is to wait for announcements from the club.

Note: Sea Eagles site identical to

Who runs the MWSE webpage these days ??

Far as I know the NRL do them all with information provided by the club.

I think most of the staff bar the membership team are still on leave until next week so I doubt you can trust much of the stuff that’s on there at present.

I'm neither here nor there on Walker, but not a fan of the above argument.

So no sport fans world over can be critical or dissapointed in a player/team unless they competed at that level?

Ludicrous
No mate sorry you misunderstood - I was questioning the comment that Walker's selection was just based on pure luck and he essentially had no talent. Read my post champion. Anyone who has made an Australian side should be very proud of that. They have done far far more in the sport than the rest of us.

Hmmm ... this morning Walker is now missing from 2022 squad on the Manly site!
schitts creek what GIF by CBC
What a shambles... whoever is running the website should be sacked. How could you let that squad go up suggesting that they were all signed???

There is no doubt the kid has heaps of talent that’s not the issue. Many great talents never reach their potential for various reasons. I believe he has more to offer but it’s up to him whether he achieves his potential. His current no jab stance is unlikely to result in his retention. I’m annoyed the club is so silent on his signing and we have to rely on the unreliable comments dished up by the usual media source.

Yesterday, there was 30 players listed, now there is 27. There was 11 backs (including Walker). Today, there is only 10. Also, there was 19 forwards listed (including De Luis). Today, there is only 17.

It appears the only accurate way to know if players are signed is to wait for announcements from the club.

Note: Sea Eagles site identical to
It is very interesting that the change was made overnight. Maybe Manly went a bit early on Walker, De Luis etc, and only those registered with the NRL are on the site now.

yes people like some on here slamming Walker and his ability and achievements I would guess played League at a high level themselves obviously. Deriding someone for making an Australian side... they have to be joking.... just post the pics of your footy achievements because we must be in the presence of football greatness surely!

No mate sorry you misunderstood - I was questioning the comment that Walker's selection was just based on pure luck and he essentially had no talent. Read my post champion. Anyone who has made an Australian side should be very proud of that. They have done far far more in the sport than the rest of us.

Haha Champion hey? Righteo sport, you said

"people like some on here slamming Walker and his ability and achievements I would guess played League at a high level themselves obviously."

And

"Deriding someone for making an Australian side... they have to be joking.... just post the pics of your footy achievements because we must be in the presence of football greatness surely!"

Now your intention or not the implication is that someone cannot disagree with a player making an Australian side unless they "played League at a high level themselves" or have a bit of "football greatness" about themselves.

I disagree, the beauty of sport is that everyone van be an armchair expert or have an opinion.

Now for mine, Walker was very much deserving of his rep honours and is certaonly a talented player. Would I keep him. Yes on a 1 year deal at the right price.

It is very interesting that the change was made overnight. Maybe Manly went a bit early on Walker, De Luis etc, and only those registered with the NRL are on the site now.
I dont mind De Luis but I really hope he aint taking up a spot in out top 30

I put him behind Paseka, Taupau, Aloai, Keppie, Sipley, Boyle, Fainu and Tuitavake at prop with Jake, Bullemor and Olakau'atu all options in the middle too if needed

2 off-field dramas during his 6 years at Manly, both in off-seasons. The DV hair-pulling charges for which he was found not guilty. And the pepperoni and nutella pizza affair. He pleaded guilty to one minor assault for which he wasn't even convicted because it wasn't very serious.

So possibly exaggerating to say consistent bad headlines, but I agree they make him worth a lesser contract. (and Yes, Souths released him after he was hospitalised for an OD on prescription drugs - oh yeah, and due to salary cap issues after winning the comp. He was just 20 at the time and it was accepted that no illegal drugs were involved.)

On the plus side he is explosive in attack, the coach considers him 'a footballer' and very experienced, and he's said to be very popular in the squad.

The vaccine hesitancy is annoying, but hopefully it's all sorted one way or another soon. I'd prefer we keep him, even just for 1 year.
Agree with keeping him for another year, was really impressed with what he brought to the team, apart from Tom obviously, he was a real X factor for us.

I dont mind De Luis but I really hope he aint taking up a spot in out top 30

I put him behind Paseka, Taupau, Aloai, Keppie, Sipley, Boyle, Fainu and Tuitavake at prop with Jake, Bullemor and Olakau'atu all options in the middle too if needed
One thing about Barney Rubble De luis he's a real energizer bunny, non stop commitment in defence and does those tough carry's off our line. Good squad member for mine..

Haha Champion hey? Righteo sport, you said

"people like some on here slamming Walker and his ability and achievements I would guess played League at a high level themselves obviously."

And

"Deriding someone for making an Australian side... they have to be joking.... just post the pics of your footy achievements because we must be in the presence of football greatness surely!"

Now your intention or not the implication is that someone cannot disagree with a player making an Australian side unless they "played League at a high level themselves" or have a bit of "football greatness" about themselves.

I disagree, the beauty of sport is that everyone van be an armchair expert or have an opinion.

Now for mine, Walker was very much deserving of his rep honours and is certaonly a talented player. Would I keep him. Yes on a 1 year deal at the right price.
Oh man... talk to the hand - I am not into decoding and getting an analysis on my words and what they mean to you lol.... pass sport

Oh man... talk to the hand - I am not into decoding and getting an analysis on my words and what they mean to you lol.... pass sport
Not too hard to decode. He just means that when someone uses the term 'champion' that, for many of us, more often than not signals a certain type of person. Think 2GB listener @;)

Not too hard to decode. He just means that when someone uses the term 'champion' that, for many of us, more often than not signals a certain type of person. Think 2GB listener @;)
It's a waste of time trying to decode the words of the tragic jibberer from Brisvegas. Clearly he spends more time utilising his hand for another specific purpose, then just talking into it. Each to their own is an expression that obviously doesn't resonate well with him.

Last edited:
sorry... so not a 2GB listener that is for sure lol. Mind you I still do a fortnightly segment on their sister station 4BC but yes certainly not an avid listener to BC either.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14