Post-Game Discussion Warriors v Manly [Round 25, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 Go Media Stadium
18 Aug 2023 18:00
76:30 minute

Match Stats

As for the game, I thought it was a great game. The singing from the Kiwi crowd was massive. Reminded me a bit of when we got ripped off v Souths in that 2019 final, I thought the team put up a great fight and were unlucky to lose to the 3rd ranked side.
Everyone played well (except one unfortunate bloke, goodness knows what we're going to do with him going forward.)

We were very much 'up' for this game and a pity we couldn't maintain our intensity for the whole game. If a few things and/or a little luck and/or the ref, had gone our way we might still be alive.

What didn't help was:
the dangerous but supposedly legal tackle on Garrick - no penalty, report or sinbin
their first try being awarded, though Harris never grounded it
the ridiculous number of 6-agains they got vs our 1 - were we that ill-disciplined and they weren't?
the one-sided refereeing
and our 800K man who wants to be the world's best player is playing like the worst...useless!
and Rueben's disallowed try

• Their 1st try was clearly held up
  • Garrick getting his hand to the ball 1st scoring next to the uprights
  • Garrick put in a dangerous position right in front would of put us in the lead. With 8 mins to go.
These are 3 major calls going against us that had a massive bearing on the outcome of the match.

To be honest I was just happy we didn’t get pumped and made a game of it. We are in a sorry state with 8-10 players out that would usually be playing. It’s been a crap year so to push the 3rd placed Warriors right to the end was encouraging to see.

Season done and dusted, let’s enjoy the last 2 rounds with a couple of wins.

I so wanted to come on and eat crow at the end of this gsme, and even started making positive posts after that first half. But the real slim Manly please stood up in that second half:

• **** defense
  • **** attack
  • **** leg and line speed
  • **** ball control
  • **** decision making
  • **** yardage
  • **** energy and fitness
  • Terrible discipline (giving away so many 6 against and penalties).
same old Manly, always losing

Manly will never win games with the current issues:

- A slow hooker that doesn’t create speed around the ruck and is slow and dishes up poor slow passing that is more often than night thrown behind the runner meaning they have to stop to gather the ball

- no ability to make a dominate tackle to slow the ruck

- zero line speed and constant back peddling

- no ability to defend high kicks and any short kick off or restart

- no ability to have fast play the balls, we have the slowest ruck speeds in the comp

Combine that with complete duds that’s wouldn’t make first grade at any other team, we ain’t winning **** for a long time

- A slow hooker that doesn’t create speed around the ruck and is slow and dishes up poor slow passing that is more often than night thrown behind the runner meaning they have to stop to gather the ball
Man, Wayde Egan has really developed into an excellent dummy half and was huge for the Warriors. He was carving us up through the middle, creating opportunities for his runners and keeping us on the back foot all night.

Reminiscent of last weeks Panthers game in many respects , effort there for the full 80 , good i st half aiming up and trying some good variation in attack . Then just going away from what was working some, dud ref or match officials calls against them and then compounded with a bit of ill discipline .
Maybe a bit of understandable fatigue factor in the 2 nd half as well

Be interesting how far the Warriors may progress in the finals this season .
if they do well , even more credit to Manly 's effort last night that they were able to stay with them for a good part of the match and contain their noted attacking plays of season 23 despite so much against them with s few key players unavailable and the very questionable adjudication at times ..
Warriors apparently missed a couple of more tackle but Manly the more crucial ones

Unlucky for sure but not for lack of commitment .

Can someone please tell me how many times this year we have been totally screwed by dudd referee calls - I know Siebs at his press conference said we were gutted by 2 dudd referes calls in 2 matches but I can recall quite a few this year starting with tha first Souths game .
Anyhow it was good that Siebs finally took a leaf out of Tooves press conference style and said riddiculous word several times - he should of done that a long time ago.
Over the past few weeks The good side is, if there is one - is that the old Manly use to just give up and roll over after a few bad calls and the opposition would put a score on us .... hopefully it looks as those days are over

- no ability to make a dominate tackle to slow the ruck

- zero line speed and constant back peddling

- no ability to defend high kicks and any short kick off or restart

- no ability to have fast play the balls, we have the slowest ruck speeds in the comp

Combine that with complete duds that’s wouldn’t make first grade at any other team, we ain’t winning **** for a long time
What are you talking about, Croker makes 100 tackles a game, he's a world class hooker!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8