Pre-Game Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 22
Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great opportunity to show some consistency of performance after letting themselves down against the goons. Might have just thought it would happen that day.

Confidence can be a good thing, but to beat the worriers in NZ, we might need to play smarter, not harder up the middle this week.

Possession is everything this week.

Guac has been pretty quiet on the right. He could probably have as much impact in a game playing off the bench.
Pretty quiet???

Haumole has been our best player this season.

In 5 rounds
148m pg
23 tackles pg
2 tries
3 line breaks
1 line break assist
21 tackle busts
6 offloads

If you are talking last few games.

V Dragons
1 try
205m
103 post contact
5 tackle busts
1 line break
1 offload
24 tackles

V Panthers
142m
70 post contact
4 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
3 offloads
21 tackles

What is the expectation? 4 tries and 400m and 40 tackles?

*season stats from foxsports, match stats from nrl.com

Pretty quiet???

In 5 rounds
148m pg
23 tackles pg
2 tries
3 line breaks
1 line break assist
21 tackle busts
6 offloads

V Dragons
1 try
205m
103 post contact
5 tackle busts
1 line break
1 offload
24 tackles

V Panthers
142m
70 post contact
4 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
3 offloads
21 tackles

He's also accumulated the most post-contact metres out of any forward in the NRL thus far. Considering he rarely takes the line on with any real depth and momentum behind him, he would have to be one strong mf

Pretty quiet???

In 5 rounds
148m pg
23 tackles pg
2 tries
3 line breaks
1 line break assist
21 tackle busts
6 offloads

V Dragons
1 try
205m
103 post contact
5 tackle busts
1 line break
1 offload
24 tackles

V Panthers
142m
70 post contact
4 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
3 offloads
21 tackles

Lol… saying that Mole has been quiet is comical. Our most consistent player all year.

Pretty quiet???

In 5 rounds
148m pg
23 tackles pg
2 tries
3 line breaks
1 line break assist
21 tackle busts
6 offloads

V Dragons
1 try
205m
103 post contact
5 tackle busts
1 line break
1 offload
24 tackles

V Panthers
142m
70 post contact
4 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
3 offloads
21 tackles

Agree that he has still been damaging af and is just a monster but to my eye he seems to always be starting from a standing start… never seems to get the ball with a full head of steam…

Just my observation and, as I said (and the stats seem to indicate), I could well be wrong…

Agree that he has still been damaging af and is just a monster but to my eye he seems to always be starting from a standing start… never seems to get the ball with a full head of steam…

Just my observation and, as I said (and the stats seem to indicate), I could well be wrong…
Fair and I agree I'd love to see him hit the line at speed more often, but that is a discission on playing style or further improvement.

Fact is he has neen amzing this year. Could he be better, probably (which is scary for opposition players) but that is far removed from him being "pretty quiet".

I know what you are saying and got to agree. My point would be imagine how damaging he would be if he was running even at half pace when he gets the ball. Imaging Haumole running more like Kikau!!!! Now there's a sight to behold....if you are a Manly supporter. I think that is a massive upside potential to our right side attack and something both the coach and Cherry might want to explore further as we get into the season. Love to see Cherry straighten up and getting that right side standing much deeper in attack.

Should have really got the result over them in that late season game in 23 in N Z .
Pretty much matched them and just a couple of unlucky outcomes against Manly to miss out .
Quite similar personal from both sides one would expect and Turbo back for this one so must be rated some type of a reasonable chance .
They have R T S returning but would say Turbo a bigger inclusion .
Regardless Warriors have been apparently going quite well so another concerted and committed effort will be needed to bank another 2 important points
Looks like some approval to keep Burbo in the centres , hard to say if the best fit in general but if last game is any indication , every chance of putting in a reliable effort again if he is selected there

I know what you are saying and got to agree. My point would be imagine how damaging he would be if he was running even at half pace when he gets the ball. Imaging Haumole running more like Kikau!!!! Now there's a sight to behold....if you are a Manly supporter. I think that is a massive upside potential to our right side attack and something both the coach and Cherry might want to explore further as we get into the season. Love to see Cherry straighten up and getting that right side standing much deeper in attack.

Pretty quiet???

In 5 rounds
148m pg
23 tackles pg
2 tries
3 line breaks
1 line break assist
21 tackle busts
6 offloads

V Dragons
1 try
205m
103 post contact
5 tackle busts
1 line break
1 offload
24 tackles

V Panthers
142m
70 post contact
4 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
3 offloads
21 tackles

Perhaps a big part of my perception of Guac playing in the back row requires some consideration on is he is a Work horse back rowers or a dynamic impact player? both?

The stat that would really interest me with Guac is is the number of carries each game and how that compares. I could find it on that site.

I'm Certainly not suggesting he's not capable of being a beast.

The eye, during a game may be wrong, but the perception is he just doesn't touch that ball enough and didn't the last couple. He did have one blinder this year.

And if he's to play origin I reckon he needs more stand outs.

If you say work rate isn't his go and he's an explosive dynamic impact player, part of that perception may be on account of DCE and Guac rarely being insinc on that right.

He eats up post contact metres. But does that even from that wasted opportunity, standing start others are discussing. Dragging defenders down field slowly. Which Isn't really that dynamic.

How ever good he's been in the past 5 games, he's one bloke in our team that I'm looking at this week, and hoping to see a bit more.

I'm with ya. That GC game away could be a Dragon replay.
My main concern @Mark from Brisbane is the fact that we have to travel both games after the tough Penrith game. Flying to NZ for another really physical game against the Warriors, flying back and then having to fly again to the GC for a Saturday game has got to leave a team flat, I reckon. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My main concern @Mark from Brisbane is the fact that we have to travel both games after the tough Penrith game. Flying to NZ for another really physical game against the Warriors, flying back and then having to fly again to the GC for a Saturday game has got to leave a team flat, I reckon. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
They’ll go early to both games , they’ll be flying today / tomorrow, need to acclimatise to that 2 hour difference.

And they’ll fly back , have a few days off with family and fly to the Goldie Tue / Wed.

There won’t be a lot of hard training done.

They’ll be fine , but as I say I worry about the Titans game , and the longer they go without a win , the greater chance we’ll get rolled.

They play the Faders , in Canberra this weekend so chalk that up as another loss , 5/0 for them , and a HUGE , MASSIVE danger game for us the week after.

Is the one game I’ll be able to attend this year , so let’s see!!

They’ll go early to both games , they’ll be flying today / tomorrow, need to acclimatise to that 2 hour difference.

And they’ll fly back , have a few days off with family and fly to the Goldie Tue / Wed.

There won’t be a lot of hard training done.

They’ll be fine , but as I say I worry about the Titans game , and the longer they go without a win , the greater chance we’ll get rolled.

They play the Faders , in Canberra this weekend so chalk that up as another loss , 5/0 for them , and a HUGE , MASSIVE danger game for us the week after.

Is the one game I’ll be able to attend this year , so let’s see!!
I'll be flying up for the game. I'm always amazed how many Manly supporters they get there. It's always a good atmosphere. It is a game we should win but you can never trust the Desmond 😄

So could we
We could be 4-0… we were never in the saints game, it was a really poor outing and we had no excuses…

Wahs have been genuinely good for 395min of football… Gummies got a massive rub of the green with the refs that kept them in it and Drizzle pulled out 5min of madness to win a game they did not deserve to win…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10