Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Mals said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Good work champ, your legacy on Watmough is being formed by what stuff the media decides to produce on any given day

The only problem with what you are saying KE is that we hear it straight from Choc's mouth half the time with those wonderful interviews he does with Weedler.
Yep, it's embarrassing.

Wombat Legacy said:
Anyone who compares Whatmough with blokes like Bozo, Wombat, Krillich, Igor and the great Beaver are seriously kidding themselves. He has been great for Manly-no doubt, but seriously, he is not fit to lace some of our past legends bootlaces. Why??? because none of those blokes ever carried on like this sook. I couldn't give a ratsarse what he has done for the club-like Des he will be remembered for this rubbish. It will be his legacy I am afraid. Good luck Choc-take the dosh champ

Okay I will bite. Lets look at the facts

1. He has come out and said that he has not signed with anyone. You might choose not to believe this but i think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
2. How can you doubt his commitment when he is playing with a season ending injury? And has been for a number of weeks? That is about as tough as it gets
3. During the dark post des days who was it who came out in support of tooves? Who, arguably, held the team together in those times?

But yes rubbish him based on articles and news stories that do not have any quotes directly from him.

What some people fail to understand that online there is always a record of what you say...and it is very easy to appear very foolish, especially when you bag a player before there are any real reasons

If he goes, so be it, people change jobs all the time. Why should he stick around if he is not happy? If I am unhappy at work I will look elsewhere, he can do the same. Some people take this stuff so personally.

He will still be a Manly legend, well to me anyway. He always gives 200%.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Good work champ, your legacy on Watmough is being formed by what stuff the media decides to produce on any given day

lsz said:
Wombat Legacy said:
Anyone who compares Whatmough with blokes like Bozo, Wombat, Krillich, Igor and the great Beaver are seriously kidding themselves. He has been great for Manly-no doubt, but seriously, he is not fit to lace some of our past legends bootlaces. Why??? because none of those blokes ever carried on like this sook. I couldn't give a ratsarse what he has done for the club-like Des he will be remembered for this rubbish. It will be his legacy I am afraid. Good luck Choc-take the dosh champ

1. He has come out and said that he has not signed with anyone. You might choose not to believe this but i think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
2. How can you doubt his commitment when he is playing with a season ending injury? And has been for a number of weeks? That is about as tough as it gets
3. During the dark post des days who was it who came out in support of tooves? Who, arguably, held the team together in those times?

But yes rubbish him based on articles and news stories that do not have any quotes directly from him.

What some people fail to understand that online there is always a record of what you say...and it is very easy to appear very foolish, especially when you bag a player before there are any real reasons

We will have to just wait and see, won't we. I will never bag Choc as a player...ever. The fact that I am well aware of some of his short comings as a human being in the past, entitle me to make my comparison. You are gonna be disappointed champ-take it to the bank!!!

Why?

If he is unhappy and he leaves so be it. Just like Bozo did before him it does not lessen what he does

What I am saying is rather than write statements like"he is not fit to lace" etc it would be prudent to wait. As it stands the only direct quotes from him

a. Refute that he has signed anywhere
b. Highlight his dislike of how this has been portrayed in the media

Choc must be extremely upset on missing out on the Minor Premiership. With his impending departure to the Eels, the Minor Premiership will be the only thing he won't have achieved in Rugby League when he hangs up the boots. He realises the only way to acquire a wooden spoon is to leave Manly, and the safest bet is to go to Parramatta, a team with the proven expertise to achieve this result.

At least if all these guys bail, I'll be able to save myself a bit of coin by not having to shout them a beer if I ever come across them in a pub. I'm sure they'll be shattered with that.

I guess it's hard to judge people by anything but one's own standards. I feel manly has supported Anthony through many off and on field dramas, and have made him a decent offer by all accounts. If it were me I'd have happily signed by now with manly grateful for the loyalty and help over many years.

RE: Watmough

nodd said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Don't read it ? Lol is that for real, you don't really get much choice in the matter

Seriously - ... off Kiwi Eagle.

It's quite easy to not read things from people you disagree with.

One of the reasons I left this site was because of your moronic posts.

Now that your back I'll leave again- simply fixed.

Devastating news, I'll really miss reading the outstanding contribution of "heavy hitter" repeatedly

nodd said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Don't read it ? Lol is that for real, you don't really get much choice in the matter

Seriously - ... off Kiwi Eagle.

It's quite easy to not read things from people you disagree with.

One of the reasons I left this site was because of your moronic posts.

Now that your back I'll leave again- simply fixed.

You're*

lsz said:
Wombat Legacy said:

Well said.

I will reserve judgement on him until such time that he comes out and says so himself that he is leaving and until such time, I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he has publicly stated that he hasn't signed with anybody beyond 2015 as yet. If it doesn't come direct from the horses mouth then it is nothing but unsubstantiated media hearsay.

After watching his interview last night I am convinced that he hasn't signed with Parra. If he had he could have taken the easy option and released a statement to refute the claims, but to get up in front of the camera tells me it's legit and hasn't done a deal. I question why he would choose to film the interview with all his Manly pictures in the background. If he was anything less than committed, surely he would have held the interview elsewhere.

I also remember when he was negotiating a deal last time he said that he will be doing it for money and for his family. Unlike many on here, I am confident that he will be staying with Manly

It comes down to what he does rather than what he says!

Bottom line is that the club will move forward either ways.

Choc will always be remembered as a premiership player and champion and his legacy will be the toughness he brought to the team.

Like most of us I just want the guff that the press spouts to dry up and that means not giving cretins like Wiedkiller any stuff that they can just promote their own agendas.

Can we get back on topic or can this thread get closed / moved by one of the more neutral mods.

To move back onto topic

Just my opinion here, and I do admit that I see absolutely nothing of these Weidler interviews

I find it an absolute disgrace that so many have turned on a guy who has put his heart and soul into his performances in the Manly jumper over a very, very long period of time, based on a few articles in the papers. I see people question his commitment and efforts, the bloke has been playing for months with a torn bicep, and shirks absolutely no work because of it

He is a Manly legend, being a massive part of building this club up from nothing to a dominant force. He has his faults in his game but they are massively outweighed by all his other attributes

Until confirmation of his exit from the club from the man himself, he deserves a hell of a lot more respect than is being shown by a lot on here. And even if he does go, his contribution to this club over a long period of time should not be forgotten

Agreed kiwi. The same thing happened with the foz rumours. And i'd just like to remind everyone that he is still here.

Kiwi Eagle said:
To move back onto topic

Just my opinion here, and I do admit that I see absolutely nothing of these Weidler interviews

I find it an absolute disgrace that so many have turned on a guy who has put his heart and soul into his performances in the Manly jumper over a very, very long period of time, based on a few articles in the papers. I see people question his commitment and efforts, the bloke has been playing for months with a torn bicep, as shirks absolutely no work because of it

The bloke is a Manly legend, being a massive part of building this club up from nothing to a dominant force. He has his faults in his game but that are massively outweighed by all his other attributes

Until confirmation of his exit from the club from the man himself, he deserves a hell of a lot more respect than is being shown by a lot on here. And even if he does go, his contribution to this club over a long period of time should not be forgotten

I haven't turned on him. I just think there has to some truth to all the talk about his poor attitude and treatment towards DCE and Tooves. Thats what I don't like. DCE is a quality man and fantastic player. Neither he or Tooves should have been disrespected or blamed for Glenn's contract not being extended .

Like someone said in another thread you didn't hear any of this rubbish from the Storm players about Ryan Hoffman having to be let go at the end of the season.

difference is Foran wasnt in the papers bringing down the club every day. Its not just 'articles'. Its his demeanour in these interviews where hes bringing bad publicity and it seems to have coincided with our drop in form. A true pro would leave quietly like Kite, Menzies and even Glen Stewart. His behaviour has been child like and poor taste in my opinion. Why would it be a disgrace that those who do not see him as a legend anymore. Its just our opinion.. if you dont like it thats fine.. but its hardly a disgrace. Thats your opinion. Each to their own.

The stuff about the Storm players is true to a degree, but also remember their environment in terms of media intrusion is a hell of a lot different too. Another major factor is our guys let some dollars slip out of their career earnings to keep a group intact, Smith, Slater and co had no dramas signing 2 contracts to keep their group intact, and were happy to keep taking the big dollars that already saw Hoffman forced over to Wigan for a year

In regards to the other stuff, I don't really remember any disrespect towards Tooves, and the only stuff that has actually come from the horses mouth regarding DCE is that a couple of months back they sat down man to man and sorted any differences

KaZa said:
difference is Foran wasnt in the papers bringing down the club every day. Its not just 'articles'. Its his demeanour in these interviews where hes bringing bad publicity and it seems to have coincided with our drop in form. A true pro would leave quietly like Kite, Menzies and even Glen Stewart. His behaviour has been child like and poor taste in my opinion. Why would it be a disgrace that those who do not see him as a legend anymore. Its just our opinion.. if you dont like it thats fine.. but its hardly a disgrace. Thats your opinion. Each to their own.

Totally agree. I couldn't imagine Glenn would be appreciative of all this carry on either. Glenn would probably be very embarrassed about it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
The stuff about the Storm players is true to a degree, but also remember their environment in terms of media intrusion is a hell of a lot different too. Another major factor is our guys let some dollars slip out of their career earnings to keep a group intact, Smith, Slater and co had no dramas signing 2 contracts to keep their group intact, and were happy to keep taking the big dollars that already saw Hoffman forced over to Wigan for a year

In regards to the other stuff, I don't really remember any disrespect towards Tooves, and the only stuff that has actually come from the horses mouth regarding DCE is that a couple of months back they sat down man to man and sorted any differences

Kiwi, Bob Dylan has said in other threads that Choc won't speak to Tooves. I am going by his comments with regards to Choc and Tooves.

As far as DCE and Choc goes I base my statement on things I have filtered out of the media as well as body language after the games and post match functions. The body language of Choc I have observed towards DCE has not been good. DCE is not the same happy guy he was in previous seasons laughing and joking with Foz . I don't know how far or to what extent Choc has shunned DCE. What I have observed and all my instincts tells me it has happened .It is quite possibly still happening no matter how much Choc wants to try and deny and sugar coat it.

panash said:
I personally think watmough has signed ( wirhout any facts ) and I do know that life goes on.
This is totally weird. I think he has not signed. But how can we arrive at opposite conclusions based on exactly the same evidence?? (that is, we both have no facts)
We must have stumbled into some kind of logical time-warp place thingy.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10