Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Watmaugh - In the end, it was all about money

fLIP said:
Lets not be too ignorant here fellas. Watmough is a few brain cells short of a lobster.

This is all about the puppet master manager sqeezing a few extra dollars for himself. Watmough is but a deer in headlights as far as anything outside brutality is concerned.

Very disparaging towards lobsters

Yeah Choc makes Tezza look like a brain surgeon. In fact they both remind me of Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne.

So he has sorted out a 3-4 year contract* in under a week ?? Wasn't he on twitter last week categorically stating he hadn't committed elsewhere ?? His manager deserves a pay rise as he is a quick mover.

* assuming said reports of his Parramatta contract are in fact correct as reported

Anyway if he does go he will be the easiest to replace out of the Disgruntled 4 (Choc/Snake/Skivvi/Foz). So if that is all the fallout we experience then I can live with that.

Let's just do this thing and get on with next year. I liked a lot of what Lui did this year so he can step up in to Chocs role. Use the money we free up (King / Gift / Choc) to sign a prop with a bit of go forward and we will be there or thereabouts again next year.

Have you heard the latest #1 hit?

Choc's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble.

He's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble (repeat)

Well Brad Arthur he told him don't worry about the lies.

The boys like a little more mo-ney to hold at night.

You can leave be-hind all of your fans to sigh,

"when at pa-rra your ca-reer will surely die."

Cos he's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble (repeat ad infinitim).

Pity he didn't have some morals and a conscience to say I couldn't play against Manly, I am so honoured and grateful for what they have done for me...I will go to Super League and see out my career.

Oh well, I am not worried, nothing I can do about it. Can understand why he has left, wanted the security of another year. We are talking around $500k here guys. I would probably do the same if I was in his shoes.

Frogz said:
Pity he didn't have some morals and a conscience to say I couldn't play against Manly, I am so honoured and grateful for what they have done for me...I will go to Super League and see out my career.

Ah, now that reminds of a number of certain players, but one very important one.

Who by the way now has an ambassadorial role with the club, and would be being paid very well for that job.

Does the phrase "****ting in one's nest" ring a bell with anyone?

Frogz said:

Pity the club didn't have some morals and let Glenn Stewart know they couldn't afford to keep him (if that is the truth) instead of keeping him waiting eight months guessing if he was going to be offered a contract or not.
Choc will always be a Manly legend in my eyes.

Shoe1 said:
Have you heard the latest #1 hit?

Choc's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble.

He's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble (repeat)

Well Brad Arthur he told him don't worry about the lies.

The boys like a little more mo-ney to hold at night.

You can leave be-hind all of your fans to sigh,

"when at pa-rra your ca-reer will surely die."

Cos he's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble (repeat ad infinitim).

That is just awesome @Shoe1 ........thanks for giving me a good laugh.....!

Mavin said:
Fluffy said:
It sounds like the eels have been poahing players outside of the rules

But Choc told us he hasn't signed or agreed to a deal with any club lol

No.

He said he hadn't signed.

I wonder has this gone past the "Kieran Forum" thread??.....if it hasn't it will as you would expect another avalanche of posts after he officially signs with the Slime.

I missed the announcement, is it official? Or just more speculation?
Regardless, the man is a Manly great.
And those mocking his handling errors, etc, is fine, but fact is he is still one of the best forwards in the game.
If he is gone he won't be easy to replace, notwithstanding Saturday's effort by the subs.

Why do we have two threads going, Mods can I suggest we merge them (besides if the main one is to reach the all time high post count there needs to be just one not two).

6/71 said:
Mavin said:
Fluffy said:

No.

May well of signed a "heads of agreement" contract, agreeing to sign for four years if released or agreeing to sign for 3 years from 2016 if not.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
And those mocking his handling errors, etc, is fine, but fact is he is still one of the best forwards in the game.
If he is gone he won't be easy to replace, notwithstanding Saturday's effort by the subs.

It was in the telecrap so it must be....

SeaEagleRock8 said:

No club announcement, but all over the press saying Manly have agreed to an early release and it will be announced by this weekend.

lsz said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

It was in the telecrap so it must be....

exactly..:s

6/71 said:
Mavin said:
Fluffy said:

No.

In his own words I have not signed or agreed to terms beyond 2015 http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-agrees-to-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html
I'm not saying he has signed but I'm sure as hell saying he has agreed to terms.

Yep anyone thinking he is staying probably believes in the tooth fairy. It's not that he hasn't confirmed he wants out it's the fact he hasn't said he wants to stay (even though still under contract). Choc could go to his best mate D Weidler and appear tonight on channel 9 and say I'm going nowhere in 2015 I love the club and will be seeing out my contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11