Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Watmaugh - In the end, it was all about money

Eagleheart said:
Shoe1 said:
Have you heard the latest #1 hit?

Choc's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble.

He's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble (repeat)

Well Brad Arthur he told him don't worry about the lies.

The boys like a little more mo-ney to hold at night.

You can leave be-hind all of your fans to sigh,

"when at pa-rra your ca-reer will surely die."

Cos he's all about the dosh, 'bout the dosh, and trouble (repeat ad infinitim).

That is just awesome @Shoe1 ........thanks for giving me a good laugh.....!

Pleasure, we need a laugh

I say let him go, but not at the expense of our salary cap. I've no hard feelings about Watmough going. He's been a great player for Manly and has served them well. If he wants extra cash offered elsewhere, which Manly cant or wont match, so be it. He has only a few years left of the big money for his family and then...well a lot less will be coming in. Same with Matai.

We seem to forget that Manly's best ever player Bob Fulton, took the money and moved to Easts in his twilight years. And like Stewart, Fatty Vautin had to accept money elsewhere.We inherited several players from other clubs who couldnt get a better deal at their respective homes. Kennedy was the standout. Its just business and you cant blame players for taking the cash. Loyalty doesnt put food on the table.

Manly supporters thought the world had ended when Fulton left, yet a few years later we won two premierships in a row without him. There always has to be a changing of the guard and if we hope to keep Foran and DCE, and entice the Trbojevics, Gutherson, Jam-oate etc to stay, we have to be able to offer them a competitive contract, and letting some of these big money players go, loosens the purse strings big time.

Been watching Manly for near on 50 years. Nothing new is happening here. Its just business as usual.

Good bye What-Now. Don't let the Brookie dressing shed door hit you on the arse.

Gone. And so he should.
Truly good luck.

Now leave the ultimate manly club the fukkk alone !!

Bearfax said:
I say let him go, but not at the expense of our salary cap. I've no hard feelings about Watmough going. He's been a great player for Manly and has served them well. If he wants extra cash offered elsewhere, which Manly cant or wont match, so be it. He has only a few years left of the big money for his family and then...well a lot less will be coming in. Same with Matai.

We seem to forget that Manly's best ever player Bob Fulton, took the money and moved to Easts in his twilight years. And like Stewart, Fatty Vautin had to accept money elsewhere.We inherited several players from other clubs who couldnt get a better deal at their respective homes. Kennedy was the standout. Its just business and you cant blame players for taking the cash. Loyalty doesnt put food on the table.

Manly supporters thought the world had ended when Fulton left, yet a few years later we won two premierships in a row without him. There always has to be a changing of the guard and if we hope to keep Foran and DCE, and entice the Trbojevics, Gutherson, Jam-oate etc to stay, we have to be able to offer them a competitive contract, and letting some of these big money players go, loosens the purse strings big time.

Been watching Manly for near on 50 years. Nothing new is happening here. Its just business as usual.

There is 1 difference in all those players you named they didn't have contracts. No 1 begrudges anyone leaving it is the fact that he and his manager have orchestrated a situation were the club are being forced to release him it is classless to say the least. Is it to much to expect respect for a contract?

Lord Eagleton said:
I read that article too. Good luck to him.
Cant begrudge him for going for the big cash on offer. You either sell your soul and go for the big cash at other clubs, or stay at Manly for a bit less and win premierships and move closer to that bracket of never-play-against-Manly legends, like Menzies, King, Lyons, Toovey etc.

However as you said, it seems he *may* have been overemphasizing the Gifty situation as a reason to look for a hefty contract elsewhere. But this subject must be tread carefully, as no one truly knows if he was going to Parra for the dollars and not because of the Gifty no contract thing.

Stay open minded...

Sorry to contradict you Lord E but Cliffy did play against Manly. He originally played for Norths. Agree with everything else however.

The Insomniac said:
Lord Eagleton said:
I read that article too. Good luck to him.
Cant begrudge him for going for the big cash on offer. You either sell your soul and go for the big cash at other clubs, or stay at Manly for a bit less and win premierships and move closer to that bracket of never-play-against-Manly legends, like Menzies, King, Lyons, Toovey etc.

However as you said, it seems he *may* have been overemphasizing the Gifty situation as a reason to look for a hefty contract elsewhere. But this subject must be tread carefully, as no one truly knows if he was going to Parra for the dollars and not because of the Gifty no contract thing.

Stay open minded...

Sorry to contradict you Lord E but Cliffy did play against Manly. He originally played for Norths. Agree with everything else however.

Although with Cliffy his time with the other clubs was before he played at Manly.

Masked Eagle said:
I'm just sad.

I was sad, but then like everything else; you move on from it.

He was great for Manly over 10 odd years, but he has no post playing footy career at the club, no media jobs, so my view is let him get the money.

Thanks for spilling all that blood Choc, I just wish you bowed out gracefully. But then again is there any other way you would have gone.

psau14 said:
Masked Eagle said:
I'm just sad.

He was great for Manly over 10 odd years, but he has no post playing footy career at the club, no media jobs, so my view is let him get the money.

Thanks for spilling all that blood Choc, I just wish you bowed out gracefully. But then again is there any other way you would have gone.

I'm sure I'll get over it, but it still won't feel right seeing him and the other players in opposition colours. I hold Beaver and Tooves as our greatest ever for their longevity and for sticking through the club in tough times when they could have gone elsewhere, and despite what the NRL says I see them as one club players. I think Choc had the chance to join them at least in my list, which to be honest is most important to me!

Masked Eagle said:
psau14 said:
Masked Eagle said:
I'm just sad.

I'm sure I'll get over it, but it still won't feel right seeing him and the other players in opposition colours. I hold Beaver and Tooves as our greatest ever for their longevity and for sticking through the club in tough times when they could have gone elsewhere, and despite what the NRL says I see them as one club players. I think Choc had the chance to join them at least in my list, which to be honest is most important to me!

Fair point, Choc was never my favourite player. Nor would I ever hold him up to Eadie, Randall, Beaver and Toovs.

Now if Snake leaves to play for the raiders.......arghhhh

I will really miss Choc's onfield performances but not his big ego off the field and antics which have damaged Manly's brand over the past decade.

All the best Choc for the future.

@MaskedEagle / Insomniac, ahh yes how did i miss that one. Must be because ive been up all night working doh!

southsideeagle said:
I'm looking forward to us getting more fringe players and turning them into champs. I do not like the idea of trying to buy top line players at big bucks.

I don't mind if they are fringe players, because I have faith in Manly turning them into something, but they must have SIZE. A good fringe front rower is fine, if he is 190cm tall and 110+ kilos. We signed too many 184cm 105kg players last year.

Besides the cash we save, that's also two dumb penalties and two simple knock-ons that Choc was allowed each match, that we save. That's 24 less tackles we have to do!

Snake said:
southsideeagle said:
I'm looking forward to us getting more fringe players and turning them into champs. I do not like the idea of trying to buy top line players at big bucks.

I don't mind if they are fringe players, because I have faith in Manly turning them into something, but they must have SIZE. A good fringe front rower is fine, if he is 190cm tall and 110+ kilos. We signed too many 184cm 105kg players last year.

I prefer the weight to be evenly distributed, and 70% muscle.

Choc's head and shoulders for example weighs about 95 kg, and the rest if him weighs about 5kg.

Shoe1 said:
Choc's head and shoulders for example weighs about 95 kg, and the rest if him weighs about 5kg.

If that's true then I guess it proves that muscle weighs more than brains.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11