Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Kiwi Eagle said:
bob dylan said:
Yeah I get it, there is no doubt he agreed to terms back in May at Origin time, probably hasn't even signed yet, but gone nonetheless.

But some of the same people bagging him want Trent Merrin here next year. He has a contract at St George.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else but it appears if we wait for contract to expire we will lose all our players and never sign anyone. Greenburg and Smith have eroded this integrity.

Also I have seen no evidence of Choc not giving 100% everytime he took the field, sometimes he tries too hard. The Wiedler interviews come back to a poor decision by his manager and an ill informed player, it was a bad look.

What we all know is he will give great service wherever he goes barring injury.

Agreed. The under contract people must really dislike Lyon as well

My memory has Jamie as a naive country kid, totally overwhelmed by the big smoke of Parramatta no less, fleeing to the safety of Wee Waa and playing for them for a bit before going to the UK. Surely this is very different contract breaking to the likes of Watmough, Hasler, Merrin?

Yeah it is a different circumstance, but when it all boils down it was a guy on good money signed to a footy club who walked out on his deal

Anthony and his disgruntled friends have derailed our year, I feel sorry for the remainder of the players and coaches, who tried as best they could to override the problem within.
I'm certain the Club won't let this happen again. Hero to Zero in my book.

The most important thing the club can do in 2015, is to re-establish that harmonious feeling where the boys are united and want to play for each other and Tooves. Even more important than winning the competition.

I say this because DCE and Foz won't be re-signing for a club that is a basket case off the field. And their retention is priority number one for mine. I'd want them both for a minimum of 4 years and you'd have to think they're going to command around 800K a season (maybe more). Yes it's a lot. But these two can't be replaced and frankly they are worth that sort of coin.

So Choc, thanks for the years of service. But see you later my friend. Enjoy your money and lack of premierships.

We have bigger fish to fry.

simon64 said:
The most important thing the club can do in 2015, is to re-establish that harmonious feeling where the boys are united and want to play for each other and Tooves. Even more important than winning the competition.

Could not agree more, even if we finish 14th next season, if we have a squad of 25 happy players, doing the best they can, then I reckon the fans will be satisfied, not over the moon but at least satisfied.

We are unlikely to be able to replace the likes of Gifty / Choc straight away, so we either need to build from within OR buy a big name prop when one comes off the market.

I know some are against this but we really have only bought 3 big names in a decade, Kite, Lyon and Orford and all were instrumental in our first Premiership in many years.

Mark from Brisbane said:
simon64 said:

Could not agree more, even if we finish 14th next season, if we have a squad of 25 happy players, doing the best they can, then I reckon the fans will be satisfied, not over the moon but at least satisfied.

We are unlikely to be able to replace the likes of Gifty / Choc straight away, so we either need to build from within OR buy a big name prop when one comes off the market.

I know some are against this but we really have only bought 3 big names in a decade, Kite, Lyon and Orford and all were instrumental in our first Premiership in many years.

Mark we will never finish 14th in any year with DCE and Foran.

We also did just fine without gift for most of the year.

A couple of mobile big boppers and Manly will still be top 4.

NYEagle

Mark from Brisbane said:

Ben Kennedy
Steve Bell
Josh Perry

bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Ben Kennedy
Steve Bell
Josh Perry

Ill grant you Ben Kennedy @bones but Steve Bell and Teddy were not superstars like the other 4.

And what I was also trying to get at was that the ones I mentioned were at the very top of their game when they came. Ben Kennedy was considered old and broken down and a Knights reject, although proved all the doubters wrong in the two years he was here.

Mark from Brisbane said:
simon64 said:

How good would Sam Thaiday be for us?! Just the mongrel we need. We haven't had this kind of backbone for a while. He would be good for a Chee Kam...

Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
simon64 said:

How good would Sam Thaiday be for us?! Just the mongrel we need. We haven't had this kind of backbone for a while. He would be good for a Chee Kam...

Sam Thaiday? There are very few players I would like less.

TWO DOGS said:
Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
simon64 said:

Sam Thaiday? There are very few players I would like less.

That is why I am grateful you are not running the club!

After seeing that picture I'm going to blame the Wolverine jersey for all this hullabaloo.

Choc obviously enjoyed the colours so much he wants them to be permanent.

Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Ben Kennedy
Steve Bell
Josh Perry

Ill grant you Ben Kennedy @bones but Steve Bell and Teddy were not superstars like the other 4.

And what I was also trying to get at was that the ones I mentioned were at the very top of their game when they came. Ben Kennedy was considered old and broken down and a Knights reject, although proved all the doubters wrong in the two years he was here.

Exactly right. I remember the nickname he had when he arrived.

But he ended be very durable and didn't miss too many games if my memory is any good.

Yeh BK was a bit controversial at the time, many (and myself included) thought he'd be a crock. He was anything but.

I always liken his impact to us as the same Allan Border had on the Australian Cricket Team. He wasn't there when we went to no.1 (against the Windies in 95) but was instrumental in it happening. The same with BK.

simon64 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Ben Kennedy
Steve Bell
Josh Perry

Exactly right. I remember the nickname he had when he arrived.

But he ended be very durable and didn't miss too many games if my memory is any good.

Aren't you makin the same point about Kyle Stanley? You are a funnt bloke! A plant?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8