Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah, unfortunately we'll have to fall back on Buhrer, Horo, Symonds, Lui & a heap of cap space to recover from his loss. LOL.

See you Choc. Parra have been replacing players to fit you in. Good luck with the politics behind that dude. You'll be public enemy number one in no time.

Wish Perry would just hit the flush button, and just wash these turds away polluting the water.

Ryan said:
Yeah, unfortunately we'll have to fall back on Buhrer, Horo, Symonds, Lui & a heap of cap space to recover from his loss. LOL.

See you Choc. Parra have been replacing players to fit you in. Good luck with the politics behind that dude. You'll be public enemy number one in no time.

Wish Perry would just hit the flush button, and just wash these turds away polluting the water.

The sad thing is, we will probably take him back and put him on the coaching staff in 4 years!

Moops said:
TWO DOGS said:
Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
simon64 said:
The most important thing the club can do in 2015, is to re-establish that harmonious feeling where the boys are united and want to play for each other and Tooves. Even more important than winning the competition.

Could not agree more, even if we finish 14th next season, if we have a squad of 25 happy players, doing the best they can, then I reckon the fans will be satisfied, not over the moon but at least satisfied.

We are unlikely to be able to replace the likes of Gifty / Choc straight away, so we either need to build from within OR buy a big name prop when one comes off the market.

I know some are against this but we really have only bought 3 big names in a decade, Kite, Lyon and Orford and all were instrumental in our first Premiership in many years.

How good would Sam Thaiday be for us?! Just the mongrel we need. We haven't had this kind of backbone for a while. He would be good for a Chee Kam...

Sam Thaiday? There are very few players I would like less.

That is why I am grateful you are not running the club!

Let me know, wise one, when the signing of Thaiday by those running the club occurs.

Moops said:
Ryan said:

The sad thing is, we will probably take him back and put him on the coaching staff in 4 years!

Watmough coaching would make Willo look like Jack Gibson.

TWO DOGS said:
Moops said:
TWO DOGS said:
Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Could not agree more, even if we finish 14th next season, if we have a squad of 25 happy players, doing the best they can, then I reckon the fans will be satisfied, not over the moon but at least satisfied.

We are unlikely to be able to replace the likes of Gifty / Choc straight away, so we either need to build from within OR buy a big name prop when one comes off the market.

I know some are against this but we really have only bought 3 big names in a decade, Kite, Lyon and Orford and all were instrumental in our first Premiership in many years.

How good would Sam Thaiday be for us?! Just the mongrel we need. We haven't had this kind of backbone for a while. He would be good for a Chee Kam...

Sam Thaiday? There are very few players I would like less.

That is why I am grateful you are not running the club!

Let me know, wise one, when the signing of Thaiday by those running the club occurs.

Don't worry, I will be screaming it from the rooftops!

Moops said:
simon64 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Ben Kennedy
Steve Bell
Josh Perry
You are a funnt bloke!

Hey hey hey. Enough of that sort of language. This is a family show.

tookey said:
Moops said:
Ryan said:

Watmough coaching would make Willo look like Jack Gibson.
Lol. He'd have the whole team running aross field. :)

Moops said:
simon64 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Ben Kennedy
Steve Bell
Josh Perry

Ill grant you Ben Kennedy @bones but Steve Bell and Teddy were not superstars like the other 4.

And what I was also trying to get at was that the ones I mentioned were at the very top of their game when they came. Ben Kennedy was considered old and broken down and a Knights reject, although proved all the doubters wrong in the two years he was here.

Exactly right. I remember the nickname he had when he arrived.

But he ended be very durable and didn't miss too many games if my memory is any good.

Aren't you makin the same point about Kyle Stanley? You are a funnt bloke! A plant?

Actually no I'm not. The point with Kyle Stanley is he's a reggie and that's where he belongs. When BK came to Manly, I'm pretty sure he was already an international.

Talk about drawing a long bow.

Any word on whether manly have agreed to an amount to free watmough yet ? I wonder what the tipping point for parra would be for cap and season 2015 considering manly will pay 300k and he is due 950k? How much hard ball would the squeels play ? I hope we dont get stuck with him on 950...

WESTIE said:
Any word on whether manly have agreed to an amount to free watmough yet ? I wonder what the tipping point for parra would be for cap and season 2015 considering manly will pay 300k and he is due 950k? How much hard ball would the squeels play ? I hope we dont get stuck with him on 950...

The longer this goes the more likely that will be!!

WESTIE said:

The Eels have no choice but to shed another player/players if they want to fit him in, it's Manly who will play the hardball.
If they can't fit him in or are able to offload a player, Watmaugh has to play at Manly simple as that, it's Watmaugh who wants to leave, not Manly trying to offload a player.
We would be absolutely stupid to release him and also contribute towards his contract at Parra when Tooves wants him to stay

Peter C said:
WESTIE said:

The Eels have no choice but to shed another player/players if they want to fit him in, it's Manly who will play the hardball.
If they can't fit him in or are able to offload a player, Watmaugh has to play at Manly simple as that, it's Watmaugh who wants to leave, not Manly trying to offload a player.
We would be absolutely stupid to release him and also contribute towards his contract at Parra when Tooves wants him to stay

The problem is, if they release Watmough it means the others will go as well as they will say.... You released him, I want out as well. But if Manly don't release him there will be disharmonie in the playing group

I think it would be in all clubs best interests if teams had a general rule to deny requests for early termination. Of course there could be one or two exceptions.

This is the only way to stop this nonsense.

Players wanting out because they have had a better offer or have had a falling out with team mates or coaches is a nonsense.

There must be a price paid, and if that means players sitting out until their deal has expired so be it.

cherry_poppins said:
Reggies for choc?

The most expensive Reggie in the history of the game!!!

Doubt it, if he stays he'll play and probably do a good job....gee at $40,000 a game he'd want to.

Imagine getting $40K a week, each and every week for 6 months....I worked for 42 years to save up not much more than that to have to live off for the next 20 years.

Its why I get more than a little bit angry when egotistical players don't put in.

bob dylan said:
I am 100% confident his on field performance will be of its usual high standard. No question about it.

It's the off field that worries me, and the influence he might have on team morale.

Spot on he and his manager have us over a barrel and parra know this also. Tough decision release him (and burn some cash) or keep him and risk another season disrupted.

I think once the dust settles Watmough will realise that if he does end up an Eel he'll regret it in the long run.

Weidler and co have been in his ear and choc is a little confused.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8