Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its called a metaphor, didnt go to school?

If you are unable to see how that is an average comment maybe you did not?

As others have said call him toxic, a bad influence what ever but the use of cancer is just not appropriate. If you are wondering why this is something I am pretty passionate about take a trip to the history behind the tipping comp

The worst part of that segment tonight for me was Kent, saying choc was all about the club, the same as the turbos. Stating Tom and Jake flew home immediately after Origin, did some junior coaching then jumped on the plane to go to NZ. So what, DCE has done more for the Manly club outside of football than any other player I can remember!

If you follow Manly on Instagram and on the clubs email list, web site etc they post a lot of the stuff the players do for the community outside of football.

DCE is always at school events, visiting hospitals for the unwell, junior coaching clinics, team social events, fundraising, promo events etc etc. You often see different players stepping in occasionally, but you always see DCE put the time in. And the young kids look up to him, they love him. I have shook his hand and spoke to him and got a pic with my boy, and i loved watching him with all the little ones. Choc on the other hand shouldn't open his mouth

Mate, you seem sensible about this, and yes we all know he his not performing at a level we would all like.
But...Manly signed him for 10 years, and there is no point shedding a tear over the current state.

Its not his fault. If you want to blame someone feel free to target:

1) BOZO the immortal administrator of quick fix stupidity;
2) PENN - Scott or Rick, the panic merchants building castles on sand; or
3) THE CLIQUE - which I thought was an old WWE crew, but turned out to be 5 30 somethings playing for Manly.

We (Manly) paid for a halfback that could game manage and run, but sadly we (Manly) got the runner only.

So, if Widdop needed Hunt to be a premiership threat. And don't give me bull**** about Widdop is cheap. Why is DCE stuck with Crocker/Trent.

Given the salary cap experts in this thread, I'm sure the answer is simple.
The most disappointing thing is manly never paid stupid money for a 7 or 6 back in the good old days whether be hasler, lyons, toovey, gibbs even fulton. We did not pay overs they came here to prove themselves.
Imagine we let him go say we signed ash taylor as widely reported or develop our own.
Management totally agree its there problem. Bob fulton signed blokes on silly money walker, dce, tapau, nate ****in myles. No one here buying in culture trent trying to create, as seen by tapau manager whinging to media wanting a release.
I much prefer we start from stratch kids wanting a crack. We need to get a brent kite (who coaching) or matty ballin as assitant to trent.

@Ryan i recall hearing similar to this & although i don't expect you to go into any detail,was this info above correct(regarding the back ended deal not the $)?
Completely untrue, and the $$$ mentioned is laughable. The amount of money he was in was actually quite low considering.

Yes, I promised Wayne Honeywood at the time I'd not share details.

Choc put the club before himself BIG time. He was Manly to the core.

If you are unable to see how that is an average comment maybe you did not?

As others have said call him toxic, a bad influence what ever but the use of cancer is just not appropriate. If you are wondering why this is something I am pretty passionate about take a trip to the history behind the tipping comp
was just emphasising his negative impact to the club

I can see where you are coming from mate . Things are not looking good at the moment with our season coming to an end .
I think the coaching staff is accountable . Just my view and one of us could be right
I can see where you are coming from mate . Things are not looking good at the moment with our season coming to an end .
I think the coaching staff is accountable . Just my view and one of us could be right
Yeap totally, cartwright got to go. I like to see brent kite or matt ballin as assistant.
We need to back our kids

Post of the Decade just called....
They would like some well constructed thought back, seeing as you didn't use any.

Have you posted on http://www.1eyedeel.com before?
They have a few openings for people with your talents.
If your JT father I apologise, but consider this as a "break through moment",
losing just isn't an option.
Besides learning from me can't be found in books
.....Carry on good sir ! or Madame !

Was a massive Watmough fan and in fact, the bloke took the mantle from BK to be the inspirational Manly leader in great times.
DCE like most NRL players, is in it to get the best he can for himself.
I don't rate him a Steve Menzies legend who played for Manly for way less than he could have earned else where, but this does not make him different from most.
This story was pretty open at the time and years later when on skid row is probably not the best time to regurgitate this stuff, add the fact Watmough left to take a better offer himself.

Watmough was a dickhead from day dot, he’ll admit to that. I went to a few functions at the club & he had a minder on those occasions, I think this is probably closure in some way for him. Unfortunately I think he’s more Manly than Evans will ever be. Watmough blocked me for the spray I gave him on Twitter, when he bailed out. No winners here.

Mate, you seem sensible about this, and yes we all know he his not performing at a level we would all like.
But...Manly signed him for 10 years, and there is no point shedding a tear over the current state.

Its not his fault. If you want to blame someone feel free to target:

1) BOZO the immortal administrator of quick fix stupidity;
2) PENN - Scott or Rick, the panic merchants building castles on sand; or
3) THE CLIQUE - which I thought was an old WWE crew, but turned out to be 5 30 somethings playing for Manly.

We (Manly) paid for a halfback that could game manage and run, but sadly we (Manly) got the runner only.

So, if Widdop needed Hunt to be a premiership threat. And don't give me bull**** about Widdop is cheap. Why is DCE stuck with Crocker/Trent.

Given the salary cap experts in this thread, I'm sure the answer is simple.
Perspective ......
1. The Incomparable Immortal did a remarkable job in such a short time in his quick fix but he is not here any more to spoon feed us . We are on our own now .
2. Penn is not known to panic , he has shown he is here for the long haul .
3. DCE has proved to every one what he is capable of . DCE is a confidence player and Trent has a team playing without confidence .
We all don't know what is really going on behind the scenes and I am sure there is work in progress to sort all our issues out .

Also, Choc didn't share any new information. Everyone knew Choc and crew hated DCE. It was common knowledge. He was the knew hotshot kid in demand when the others were getting towards the end of their careers. Everyone knew the same crew dished it up to Wolfie after the 2013 GF, and then white-anted the great Tooves. It's all very sad.
I loved Choc as a player. That senior playing group make up some of my all time favourite players. It's such a shame Choc has to behave like this. Coming out and verbally attacking DCE so publicly when he is down on form shows poor character in my opinion. So easy to kick a man when he's down.
Nailed it!

Poor Trent @:(

The past is a spent cheque. Why are people so worried about things like "If we had kept Seibold insted of...". And, "How dare DCE destroy our team of 5/6 years ago"

I'm worried about the rest of this year. It is what it is and us throwing our two cents everywhere won't change a bloody thing. To me...Watmough revealed nothing today. I thought we all knew this?

GO MANLY!!! (In whatever way you see fit!)

If your JT father I apologise, but consider this as a "break through moment",
losing just isn't an option.
Besides learning from me can't be found in books
.....Carry on good sir ! or Madame !

To quote you,

"As soon as you step outside that door. You'll start feeling better. .."

Bye.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14