We Are in a Form Slump

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like how when we win we`re still in a form slump ON here .. :huh:

if you want form slump just go back to last year & 09 .. thats form slump.

The score could have EASILY been 42-16 yesterday so don't throw your dummy out of the pram just yet :p

Every team goes through a form slump. But there are 13 other teams that wish they were as good as us when we are below our best.
Main thing is that we are not in one come finals time.

Would you rather support a team in a form slump sitting in 2nd or go for the titans? lets just enjoy our wins!!

I think the best yardstick to use is that we are now on 28 points after 18 rounds. The same number of points accrued last year, at the end of 26 rounds, and only four points behind where we finished up in 2009.
The improvement is significant and we are in a good place when we can complain that we only beat another side by 14 points etc etc! We are quite capable of not losing another game between now and the finals.
That try on fulltime spoke volumes about the team. How many games did we come back to win last year after surrendering a lead? Not many, if any.

Fonz said:
I don't see what everyone else see's in Mauro. Maybe it's just me?

I thought he was strong yesterday. Did plenty of hit-ups, which is a euphemism for 'dying with the ball'. But whether he has any ball skills I've yet to see. He's a willing worker, and is a local.

He has the occasional offload in him and is gaining in confidence. Pretty much mistake-free too. Very strong against SG-I the other week. I think he is from the Mark Bryant/Luke Williamson/Shane Rodney school - which makes him popular with former chalky Des.

Importantly Hasler knows the team isnt playing well enough currently to win the premiership and so they will still be working on things to improve.

It's when sides dont recognise their form is ordinary that they get caught out.

Phantar said:
I think the best yardstick to use is that we are now on 28 points after 18 rounds. The same number of points accrued last year, at the end of 26 rounds, and only four points behind where we finished up in 2009.
The improvement is significant and we are in a good place when we can complain that we only beat another side by 14 points etc etc! We are quite capable of not losing another game between now and the finals.
That try on fulltime spoke volumes about the team. How many games did we come back to win last year after surrendering a lead? Not many, if any.

At no time did I say we were having a poor season. At no time did I suggest we were in trouble. Of course we are a better team than last year, but if you think we have played well over the past month you are fooling yourself. You are only as good as your last game and right now our last three have been scratchy. The real point of my post was to say that if we don't improve next weekend, Newcastle will beat us.

Ralphie said:
The real point of my post was to say that if we don't improve next weekend, Newcastle will beat us.

& you will have your form slump.. :p

What if we win like we did on sunday against souths & perform the same are we still in the slump ??? Im lost :-/

:) sorry Ralphie just being a jerk .. lol ;)

Ralphie I agree with your assessment. The last games I saw the silverware in the trophy room was against the Bongoes and Dogs. Since then it's been quite scratchy. Newcastle will be a test as they always prove hard to beat up there. I think we will beat them comfortably, and move on from there. Matai back will tighten up the backline and then with Big T in and Hoppa sitting on the bench = all good.

jjai said:
Ralphie said:
The real point of my post was to say that if we don't improve next weekend, Newcastle will beat us.

& you will have your form slump.. :p

What if we win like we did on sunday against souths & perform the same are we still in the slump ??? Im lost :-/

:) sorry Ralphie just being a jerk .. lol ;)

JJai, you can still win games and be out of form.That's exactly what we are doing and I agree it is the sign of a really good football team. I was prompted to start this thread because I saw a steady stream of praise for the way we have been playing. The praise for winning is one thing, but we are playing poorly. I agree we have a couple of gears to go up to & I agree we cannot play great every game. I have two key concerns about our form right now:

1. If we play this poorly against Newcastle & even Penrith the week after we will lose both. Let's see this Forum if that happens.

2. A form slump can sometimes be a difficult thing to break and you don't want to be in a form slump in the run to the semi finals, you do want to be in a building of form & that's what we need to do next weekend, play a little better & win.

It's all good, just trying to have a debate.

Cowboys are in a form slump too. they missed 45 tackles had their line broken 8 times and had 46% of posession, yet still won.

Knewcastle Nights are $hit

this comp is a week to week proposition.I would rather the knights had won last night.they will be fired up and we rarely win up there.we will have to improve a fair bit on Sunday's performance to get the chocolates.i know the knights made a lot of errors but with Gidley at 9(if fit) and Mullen and the new young 6 they have points in them for sure.Wes and Uate can hurt you as well.

I think we will get them but I wouldnt be using last nights result to say we are certianties.

How hard is it to understand what a form slump is? It simply means we aren't playing to our potential. If people can't see that for the last month we haven't been playing to our awesome best then you can't be helped. Our position on the ladder and whether we win or not has absolutely nothing to do with it.

A good driver knows when to ease off on the gas pedal. We are currently negotiating a few bends, steady as she goes, not at the home stretch yet.

This is the time of year when Des will have the team working on other aspects of performance, not just the super intensity. We won't try to put it all together until we reach the home turn.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
A good driver knows when to ease off on the gas pedal. We are currently negotiating a few bends, steady as she goes, not at the home stretch yet.

You've been spending too much time debating with Rex

Now that's exactly what I was hoping for. The big difference today from the past month was the defence, back to it's bruising best.

Well done boy's. I think we will deal with Penrith, but I think the Tigers in 2 weeks time at Bluetongue will be a handful.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8