We Are in a Form Slump

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagles2win said:
And still scoring 32 points.....

Defence comes first, if you're not defending well it's difficult to score points because you rarely have good field position. I thought the druggo's were stung by our defence today.

Yeah we hit hard today which was missing for the last few matches, BUT you cant play our level of physicality EVERY week. We just need to make sure we build our aggression for the rest of the season or we will be flat come finals time.

We havent reached our peak , the young halves hold the key here , the more games they play together the better the team will function. We were in a bit of a slump and we are second on the nrl ladder, how good is that!

I guess the real test will be Round 25 onwards.

Everything from now on until round 25 will be fine tuning our squad, getting our best 17 ready and in peak fitness.

How we run into the finals against Brisbane and Melbourne will be important.

How Foran and DCE handle sudden death games will also be another deciding factor.

stoodamire said:
I guess the real test will be Round 25 onwards.

Everything from now on until round 25 will be fine tuning our squad, getting our best 17 ready and in peak fitness.

How we run into the finals against Brisbane and Melbourne will be important.

How Foran and DCE handle sudden death games will also be another deciding factor.

Very true, we are lucky to play the Scum at Brookvale and the Broncos at Suncorp which i think works in our favor. If we win those two games we will be sure premiership favorites going into the finals.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Yep we take our foot off the opposition throats at times

Last night was a classic example of that.

I stand by my assessment, on balance we have been in a form slump since the Parra game in round 15. With only 5 games until the finals, it needs to turnaround now.

The first half defensive performance last night was good, but terrible in the 2nd half. The attack was ordinary all game long as it has been since round 15.

Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I stand by my assessment, on balance we have been in a form slump since the Parra game in round 15. With only 5 games until the finals, it needs to turnaround now.

The first half defensive performance last night was good, but terrible in the 2nd half. The attack was ordinary all game long as it has been since round 15.

I don't think our defence was that bad in the second half considering how much possesion they had. Tigers would have put alot more on most teams in that second half. As for our attack the tigers were sprinting up out wide to shut down our plays, hence why we were turning it back on the inside alot. I don't think we are in a form slump, we are coasting and not expelling too much energy. Des is priming them for a charge.

Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

You are right in one respect Ralphie. I wouldn't say so much we are in a form slump as more like we are playing to where most of us hoped and thought we would at the start of the year which is middle of the top 8 type form. We aren't as good as the Steelers or Storm or even the next tier of Broncos, Cowboys and Tigers now they have got past their shocking injury run. At the start of the season most Manly supporters probably thought we would be doing really well to get to positions 5-8. Well at the moment our form puts us in that level and unless we can find something extra that's where we may well finish at the end of the finals even though we should make top 4. Dont forget DCE is in his first season and needs time to adjust to the rigours of the week to week grind. Foran puts his body on the line and that is got to take its toll on someone who is still very young and inexperienced. My major worry is our front row and how ineffectual king and kite have been lately. King is carrying injuries and Kite is hot and cold. Rose was great but unfortunately he just doesnt last long enough because of his size. Mauro is solid but not that penetrative. Would like tom see Robinson given another shot.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2