Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kaeo is pretty much an instinctive type player and if in the 6 role ,just needs that additional level of experience to get that balance between some required level of control and being able to use his good running game to best effect . Not that much different from some other now generally established 6 's in the comp Had no opportunity really against the Panthers , no possession in the i st half , then scuffled to the wing . If Manly go for a more expansive type of game , maybe could transition to a centre role but unlikely in the short term . Much depends on how the Shu evolves in the near term and if he could even revert to a 13 role , though if Alioia is on , can see the reasoning having him there at present . Taking over Turbo 's role at origin time at full back a given for Kaeo , utility role in the short term and getting enough game time in the process , a delicate balance also . Be good even with a one year extension for Kaeo then maybe an option in his favor . much will depend on outside interest i guess , Still has some learning to do for i st grade but so much better if he can retained for some additional time at least and see how it goes from there
I agree Weekes has an important job to do at fullback during origin. IMO he has been played out of position so he is still adjusting to that. IMO he is a keeper.

Actually I would be looking for a tough young player who fits in the backs as well as the forwards. I dont think Weekes suits that role. Far more suited to the backs. Burbo maybe. Parker? My best bet is young Fulton. What I've seen suggests he would adapt to several positions and therefore be ideal for No 14. Haven't seen him lately and maybe early days but my gut feeling is he'd be worth a look.

He has been filling in occasionally at hooker for Blacktown when GCKT kept getting head assessments.

It's a hard pass from me if that is his suggested position.

Much prefer him at 13, personally.

In saying that, he has been off the bench for Blacktown, so maybe they are getting him some experience in numerous positions and scenarios.

He has been filling in occasionally at hooker for Blacktown when GCKT kept getting head assessments.

It's a hard pass from me if that is his suggested position.

Much prefer him at 13, personally.

In saying that, he has been off the bench for Blacktown, so maybe they are getting him some experience in numerous positions and scenarios.

Sorry Mave, I wasnt suggesting him exclusively as a hooker replacement, but rather as a cover for both backs and forwards, and yes I guess at times hooker, but not only.

I do worry a bit this week with no Weekes, if a half or Lachie goes down, we’ve got no one
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t any late changes.Croker may play but as evidenced by the last few minutes of last week,his shoulder is still an issue when he takes a hit in that spot.I could see GCKT coming on to the bench

Let him play his primary role as fullback at reggies, absolutely tear it up there playing in a spine with GCKT, Humphryes and Latu and that will build his confidence up. Then he can slot in perfectly at fullback in first grade when Turbo has origin duties. I rewatched that second trial vs chooks where he played fullback and he was absolutely electric, I don't see him fitting in any other position, he only belongs with the 1 on his back.

His best position is fullback, put him straight in there if Turbo is out. I'm confident he will have some breakout performances.
Or we could just leave a limping Turbo there and pretend he’s fit… while we’re at it, let’s pretend Tisschu is fit too.

His best position is fullback, put him straight in there if Turbo is out. I'm confident he will have some breakout performances.
I'd use Garrick, he's a senior player now and quite effective as an Edwards-type at fullback.

I probably haven't seen enough of Weekes so this may be a bit unfair but I'm slightly concerned at his body language, doesn't seem very assertive, which is essential in halves or fullback, especially in defence.

We know he's great on his feet but at this stage more a Daine Laurie type? (ie a talented attacker currently playing reserve grade for the winless Tigpies).

I'd use Garrick, he's a senior player now and quite effective as an Edwards-type at fullback.

I probably haven't seen enough of Weekes so this may be a bit unfair but I'm slightly concerned at his body language, doesn't seem very assertive, which is essential in halves or fullback, especially in defence.

We know he's great on his feet but at this stage more a Daine Laurie type? (ie a talented attacker currently playing reserve grade for the winless Tigpies).
Only issue with using Garrick (even though I agree at this stage is the safer option at FB of the two) is that our left side could be a complete shambles if you remove him from that already depleted flank

Only issue with using Garrick (even though I agree at this stage is the safer option at FB of the two) is that our left side could be a complete shambles if you remove him from that already depleted flank
I agree, if Turbo is rested then selection this week will also come down to who else is fit.
Parker out maybe (haven't heard any more about him)... but maybe Christian or Koula ready to come back?
Worst case we are missing Turbo Parker Vaega Christian and Koula ... no idea what we'd do then!!

Worst case we are missing Turbo Parker Vaega Christian and Koula ... no idea what we'd do then!!
If that is the case, then Weekes to fullback & Myers to centre (exemption can be requested). Both had good games for BWSE last week. If Parker is out, Turbo will probably wish to play. In which case, Weekes can slot into the backline somewhere. If Schuster is also unfit, I assume Johns will replace him.

Probably a 50 / 50 call if Tippy toes is available this week and Turbo is given a rest and in regard then to either Weekes or Garrick playing at the back . Guess that much would depend on how Kaeo may have gone on the weekend , been a while since he played at full back , well since the last trial . Think that Garrick to centre can be discounted but Tippytoes could well be considered there . Garrrick plays his best attacking footy as a support type player and very well too when in open field situations as in contrast to say a set centre position , well on current indications , whereas Tippytoes would have more line breaking ability , Bit of a toss up who would be a better defender at centre , maybe Tippytoes just . Of course also , very unlikely for Weekes to be given a go as a centre , if the coaching staff think that he could replicate his trial form at one , maybe that is where he will play but every chance that Turbo could be declared fit as well , . However must be some doubt if he could be suitably fit after just a 6 day recovery period .

Actually I would be looking for a tough young player who fits in the backs as well as the forwards. I dont think Weekes suits that role. Far more suited to the backs. Burbo maybe. Parker? My best bet is young Fulton. What I've seen suggests he would adapt to several positions and therefore be ideal for No 14. Haven't seen him lately and maybe early days but my gut feeling is he'd be worth a look.
Not quick enough...imo.

Not quick enough...imo.

Doesn't need to be super quick. Just needs to be mobile, tough, a good defender, one who can mix it but also add some thing wide out. Ad for this coming weekend I would definitely start Weekes at full back. He's trained for that position and needs as much first grade play as he can get. Doesn't matter if he doesn't set the world alight first off. But he's already played full back in firsts and did OK. We need a good back up for Turbo and Garrick is needed on one wing.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8