What are we missing the most?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What position needs urgent recruiting?

• Total voters
I feel we are missing the most a good strong leader that will push the players more when the going gets tough. I would like to see Jake get the job as Captain as he would be better at being that captain. I feel a lot of the players are just going through the motions at the moment and they need a captain that will not accept that but will expect their best performances on the field.

My comments are never aimed at a specific poster, rather , the collective.

And the collective is doing a lot of wrist slitting.

By the way would I prefer that every game we scored 30+ and let in no more than 6???

Of course BUT the rules today , and the way the refs manipulate the game for the broadcasters , will see most game being 34 / 28 or the like.

I see it every game , and saw it on Saturday night , second half we got a run of penalties , and 6 agains , and scored twice , why “ we’ll we can’t have these blowouts can we it’s not a good look so let’s manipulate the game and make it closer “.
The collective? @Mark from Brisbane Silvertails is more of an asylum than a collective. @:cool: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest has nothing in comparison to some of our game day threads. :cool:

The whole Blacktown thing is overplayed imo, its not the cause of our issues.

And our recruitment of young western Sydney talent has nothing to do with Blacktown. The young first grade prospects like you're Fainu's Olakau'atus Koulas are all signed and play manly juniors from Matts and sure some pass through the door of Blacktown at some stage. But Workers arent the reason we are signing these kids
Whatever it is, its not working. Who are the stars that we have produced/bought thru since it started????. Do WE have any that have achieved greatness. We need a new paddock to pick from.

Can I suggest an addition to the poll??

* resilient fans

The fans are about 10x more resilient than our players defence.

The players attitude is not great.

Both Newcastle and Penrith games we have stood and watched opposition players improve their position closer to the posts, on more than one occasion. This is basic under 8s stuff, but requires a better attitude.

****, we ended up with a draw v Newcastle, after we watched Dom Young improve his position 3 bloody times....

Whatever it is, its not working. Who are the stars that we have produced/bought thru since it started????. Do WE have any that have achieved greatness. We need a new paddock to pick from.
I think its a little early to start talking greatness.

The oldest from this Western Sydney junior push are players like Olakau'atu who is tracking great. Manase was another who was looking good until he blew his life up.

The rest are in their first or second season or yet to debut.

You cant recruit 14/15 year old kids then crack it that the strategy hasn't worked when they are 20/21.

And tbf we aren't solely picking up kids from Western Syd.

I think its a little early to start talking greatness.

The oldest from this Western Sydney junior push are players like Olakau'atu who is tracking great. Manase was another who was looking good until he blew his life up.

The rest are in their first or second season or yet to debut.

You cant recruit 14/15 year old kids then crack it that the strategy hasn't worked when they are 20/21.

And tbf we aren't solely picking up kids from Western Syd.
Apart from Aaron Woods, who else have bought of note and from where. Don't see us missing many players for rep games anymore :) Workers have been our feeder now for 6 years, it's not a new thing.

We need a half who can dent the line taking hit-ups from tap penalties. DCE is too light, easily man-handled.

We need a half who can dent the line taking hit-ups from tap penalties. DCE is too light, easily man-handled.
You kid, but the fact of the matter is...
when it comes to fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of a team's halfback,DCE has well and truly failed Manly

Apart from Aaron Woods, who else have bought of note and from where. Don't see us missing many players for rep games anymore :) Workers have been our feeder now for 6 years, it's not a new thing.
Yeah we are jumping around points here.

Recruitment for NRL. The Blacktown partnership and identifing and bringing through young Western Sydney talent into our junior teams are 3 different topics.

Which one are you wishing to discuss? I've a very quiet Monday so happy to go all 3.

Recruitment for NRL. The Blacktown partnership and identifing and bringing through young Western Sydney talent into our junior teams are 3 different topics.

Which one are you wishing to discuss? I've a very quiet Monday so happy to go all 3.
I was thinking scouting GPS schools for up and comers, but Uncle Nick's sombrero extends well and far.

I think they all pretty much roll into one. As all our eggs (Easter) are in the one basket. Doesn't seem to be too much $$$ left for any other outstanding purchases. Seems we leave that to the other 16 teams. Good night, Im very busy now.:)

A successful culture. Guts. Heart. Determination. A back bone. What ever you want to call it. This current Manly team ain't got it.
Absolutely this.

Our players need to wake up & show some hunger & determination, like Jake does every minute of every game every week.

Since it’s simply not possible to get rid of all our players & start afresh, the only solution is for the players we have to get onboard.

What are we missing the most? Simple, Tom at full fitness. When he’s fit and playing with confidence, he’s one of the best players in the world. On top of that, he gives everyone else confidence and the team just plays better.

It’s pretty clear our centre depth is almost non existent.

I’ve been saying for a couple of years now, a decent hooker , a real hard nose prop and a really good strike centre would change our team overnight.

Not easy considering cap issues , but that’s what we need.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8